Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Birb Katter posted:

So Roosh is not going to be in Sydney but Canberra instead this weekend apparently. Canberra goons you should have a steady supply of explosives from fireworks stores, please do the needful.

Wow really? Two birds with one stone. Same day as the Reclaim Australia rally.

edit. lol, so he's going to go from Broome to Canberra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

Fireworks were banned years ago due to the meddling of the RSPCA.

By "meddling", do you mean doing their job of preventing unnecessary animal cruelty and harm?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

If they were interested in that they'd be trying to get pets banned altogether.

Yes, because house pets are true cruelty, unlike the peaceful happy lifestyle that feral cats and dogs exist in. Are you suggesting owning a pet is cruel or harmful to them.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

I'm suggesting that the culture of pet ownership results in unnecessary harm to animals.

Yes, because my cat, who isn't exposed to ticks, cars, FIV, starvation, random kids, further pregnancies like she was before she was rescued is being caused unnecessary harm.

I must be such a bastard, along with every other responsible pet owner.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

Your cat probably wouldn't even exist, and wouldn't have had to have been rescued from further harm, if it weren't for the culture of pet ownership.

What with cats being a notoriously fragile species, that struggles to survive in the Australian ecosystem.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

No, but your cat is almost certainly descended from pet cats.

Seeing as many Australian strays are descended from those let loose to catch mice back in the 1800s, I have no idea what you are basing your claim on.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

Bring back fireworks.

Even ignoring the fact that fireworks regularly cause dogs to literally die, I'm surprised you would think they are environmentally acceptable either.

open24hours posted:

Do you think it's likely that your cat is descended from cats brought here, not as pets, in the 1800s, with no interbreeding with pet or former-pet cats in the intervening period?

Even if that is the case I don't see how it's relevant. I think the argument you're trying to make is that the suffering incurred by some pet animals is negligible compared to the benefits they provide to their owners, and that the suffering is something we're going to have to accept if we want to benefit from their company. That's probably an arguable position, but it's a separate argument.

Firstly, I have no no idea. Until you can demonstrate my cats lineage, neither do you. Secondly, it was a response to your previous post where you said this:

open24hours posted:

No, but your cat is almost certainly descended from pet cats.

Thirdly, I have only made points regarding animal welfare, never once the benefits to humans. When your hatred of kittens reaches the point where you start making up claims to attack them, then it's probably time to throw in the towel.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

I said that the existence of pets enables their suffering.

House pets suffer less (in the vast majority of cases) than feral animals, which exist in their thousands in this country. How about you address issues in the real world instead of some weird alternate reality you are considering where pets aren't and never have been a thing.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

If fireworks didn't exist, babbies wouldn't complain about not having them.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Sorry, I'm thinking in terms of my hypothetical universe, where nobody will ever think of the concept of fireworks.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Gun owner pet owner. Oh right, those things are now equatable, carry on handsome gentleman.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

open24hours posted:

It's a truism. I don't see why people get so riled up by it. I'm not trying to take your pets away.

No, not at all, you're just getting butthurt that you aren't allowed to own pretty bang bang sticks because an animal rights group managed to stop something that makes dogs regularly hang themselves.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Amethyst posted:

Not being able to own fireworks is lame. It isn't difficult to train dogs to be calm around fireworks.

Not as lame as unnecessarily killing puppies.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Good dog (where are the kittens lately?)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lid posted:

When Worlds Collide

All my old church friends I still have on facebook are the most vocal advocates of refugee and asylum seekers I know. I don't agree with them on a lot anymore, but there are a sizeable religious demographic that finds the way we treat them absolutely disgusting.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

"One child in detention is one child too many", now let me justify why these babies should be locked up.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Now foreign countries get to laugh at our hilarious hate groups

quote:

An infamous far-right, anti-Islam campaigner who helped lead a boycott against halal certification has been caught out ordering from a kebab store which locals claim is halal certified.
Blair Cottrell has been aligned with both United Patriots Front and Reclaim Australia, groups known for 'outing' restaurants and suppliers with halal certified products, believing the practise funds Islamic terrorism.
But on Wednesday, the Victorian nationalist was spotted at Karingal Kebabs in Frankston, south-east Melbourne - a kebab store which locals claim is halal certified.

related, also saw this today

:stare:

https://www.facebook.com/NeilEriksonMedia/videos/998150423590533/?pnref=story

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Redcordial posted:

Premier Dan Andrews has done a good thing, and I approve.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Elrond Hubbard posted:

Anyone got any wisdom with regards to a good VPN for Australian use to hide my metadatas?

Used to use Private Internet Access but I got sick of paying monthly for my internet to be unusable.

I've had a good experience with Private Internet Access. If you get a years subscription it costs around 3.50 a month and it's extremely easy to use. You right click and pick where in the world you want to watch Netflix from.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Think you might be overdoing that comparison there a tad.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

So all selfish people are now in the same basket as militant sovereign citizens.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Someone sitting at home complaining about their welfare issues while taking the side of the people who want to cut their welfare off is a pretty short bow to draw.

Hypocritical dick move yes, comparable to supporting violent anti government militia, not really.

Tassies premier has come out saying they will take in refugees too

https://twitter.com/WillHodgman/status/696186534874054657

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Magog posted:

I wish my life/country was so idyllic that I'd have the time to worry about welfare cheats. :fuckoff:

It's not big on my radar, but having lived with proud welfare cheats in sharehouses in the past, it actually makes me quite angry that people (not many admittedly) knowingly do this while genuinely needy people are put through the ringer to receive their meager pennies.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

tithin posted:

Scott Ludlam salty as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAhdtplkwUk&feature=youtu.be

:perfect:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Recoome posted:

REMOVE GREEN remove green
you are worst green. you are the green idiot you are the green smell. return to inner melbourne. to our brisbane cousins you may come our city. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,melbourne we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal gently caress but gently caress rear end in a top hat green stink melbourne sqhipere shqipare..left-wing genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead conhead..ahahahahahCONHEAD WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget cronulla .australia we kill the refugees , refugees return to your precious desert….hahahahaha idiot green and left-wing smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE GREEN FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. liberals+democrats+PUP+UPF=kill conheads…you will be deport/ harold holt alive in tasmania, holt making manifesto of liberals . fast rap holt tasmania. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of harold holt… you are ppoor stink greens… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

harold holt alive numbr one #1 in tasmania ….gently caress the left-wing ,..FUCKk ashol greens no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and party. Holt aliv and real strong wizard kill all the greens farm aminal with conervsative magic now we the liberals rule .ape of the zoo pm malcum turdntul fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and left-wing parti wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. liberal greattst party

Oh yeah, if you need a mid week laugh, check out the "patriot" groups on Facebook right now. Massive meltdowns everywhere, it's beautiful. :munch:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

why? What's happened?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009413836436&fref=ts

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah don't, he's still a massive piece of poo poo. I just hope he burns as much to ground as he leaves.

Also lol, the one guy he still trusts has been charged with stalking a Rabbi.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Meet Billionaire, get given Rolex, assume it's fake.

Yeah no, or they are all somehow dumber than I ever imagined.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Can you be a Libertarian and run as anything other than indi?

Libertarians have a talent for only being true to their convictions when convenient (or rather, when it suits them)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/feb/12/senate-voting-changes-coalition-wins-over-nick-xenophon-and-greens

R.I.P random weirdo parties.

Probably for the best really though. No real explanation as to why Labor didn't support it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Recoome posted:

Wasn't Barnaby Joyce the guy who is sceptical about climate change because it was cold in Canberra one time

quote:

You look at the weather today. Look at the way you're dressed. No one thinks it's too hot

-Deputy Prime Minster Barnaby Joyce

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

This is what happens when you gentrify a dense urban area with a bunch of loving new spiritualist anti science idiots. Built a wall and carpet bomb the whole inner north (sorry beets office, sorry burgers)

Oh yeah, QLD Whooping Cough rates are like five times above last year.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/nauru-baby-being-kept-by-brisbane-hospital-20160212-gmt3dg

Brisbane hospital is refusing to let the asylum seeker baby be taken.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

SadisTech posted:

Tony Abbott makes joke about wet dreams in Parliament, no-one laughs

The video is worth watching. The awkward pause where he waits for laughs and then looks down and licks his lips is pure, concentrated schadenfreude.

Is there some economic term I'm missing? That doesn't even make sense as a basic sentence to me, let alone as a joke.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks. Yeah, not funny.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I just read that Tim WIlson's Salary was $400000 a year. That makes me pretty depressed.

Also, how is Malcolm Turnbull a fop? I mean, he's rich, but that's not the same.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Wow.

"My holy book forbids it, and I believe everybody should follow its' rules"

Was that so hard? That is the most insane response to same sex marriage I think I have ever heard. Except maybe that pastor who said if he got invited to one he'd stand at the entrance smearing himself with poo poo.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hoooooold up, I'm going to need a link for this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLobWHDdVw

Oh poo poo, I forgot about the smiley face bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Mate of mine was hit by a caravan trailer last year while on a bike. If he wasn't wearing a helmet probably would have died.

• Locked thread