Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Lizard Combatant posted:

Does anyone like Jonah? Asking for Jonah.

He's better than Amethyst or Negligent? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

And they need a :mrapig: flag

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Mad Katter posted:

Oh my god, please attempt to do this.

Why? He'd just be getting his legal rape utopia.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

starkebn posted:

More Pavel please

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
First draft of Turnbull's reply.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0YTJ-WPdoQ

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Look if refugees didn't exist, we wouldn't have to torture them and they wouldn't have to suffer. It's like pet ownership.

Therefore I move that all refugees should be murdered on arrival in order to save lives.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Laserface posted:

Wait, are you telling me we are still bad at refugees? jee whiz what a week. so much has changed!

What would you like to talk about?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

quote:

We at the UPF are studying the Constitution so we are equipped to take on the corrupt politicians in Canberra which behave exactly the same way as you have now, that is with treachery.

Aha! It says nothing in this here document about any powers allowing for the house of representatives to appoint a prime minister head of government. Traitors, and usurpers of the white man's right to vote. Hang them all.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Looks less like a child's face and more like an ape to me.

e:oh wow, no it's right near the base of the trunk. It looks like some creepy middle aged dude.

It's less magical and more, "oh wow, your evolved facial recognition abilities work? Incredible, you must never have taken a train, or been bored in your life."

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 10, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Redcordial posted:

Outstanding. This could finally be one of the breaking points of many recent actions, being that this single act with all the meaning it carries could force change.

I hope with all of my heart that this single event will either lead to more of such events, or the outright decision that too many have spoken out and they must stay.

Who the gently caress knows what will happen though... And that is one of the worst parts, for all of those 267 refugees who are involved.

Yeah, after Melbourne's Royal Children's hospital refused to send kids back it feels like the whole thing feels like the wheels are starting to come loose. If it's not the last I hope it's at least one in a continuing string of refusals, and calls for the end to detention. I'm just a bit sad that even if it works even in a best case scenario we'll still probably only let in women and children :smith:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Recoome posted:

Please tell me more about how you think "PC" is ruining Australian culture

Isn't Australian culture just that sentiment + scoff.gif? Without PC having gone mad we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

The Peccadillo posted:

I remember a Dawkins v Pell episode that was kinda funny, because Pell could not give less of a poo poo, and Dawkins got real exasperated

I think that one's on Youtube

I just had to climb into my Mum's roof to clean out a dead rat, it was so loving hot and disgusting, there were maggots burrowing into its cheeks and squirming around its mouth, and the entire roof smelt loving awful and the rat fell apart when I went to pick it up. And yet I'd still rather do that again than watch Pell and Dawkins on Q&A.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Malcolmtents

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Pretty derivative of this piece imo.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Solemn Sloth posted:

*writes furious screed in defence of pedophiles*

This'll really poo poo those latte sippers!!!

Im Herald Sun columnist Andrew Bolt. I first started writing when I was about 12. By 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "I'm friends with Cardinal Pell" and "I know Pell. Sociopathic is a lie" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

open24hours posted:

It's much easier to smash out an article when you interpret 'you're a fuckwit' to mean 'you should be banned from being a fuckwit'.

I don't even get what he's alluding to with the critical theory thing? America is as strong as it's ever been?

A Marxist Jew actually has a chance of becoming president next year! But the PC police won't let you talk about that now will they?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Anidav posted:

Is Chris subtlety blaming the jews? In a nationwide paper?

No, Chris is blaming the jews in a nationwide paper quite unsubtly.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Birb Katter posted:

Credit where it's due, they're just alleging he covered up a whole bunch of nasty poo poo and is now lying about it at the RC. He didn't gently caress kids, was just an enabler. Well maybe he hosed them too but that isn't what this is about.

Did you miss the article talking about the investigation into whether he was loving kids? The RC isn't looking into it yet, but the police obviously are.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Negligent posted:

even Shortens own frontbenchers dont expect him to win.

retiring frontbencher Gary Gray declaring the party is "highly unlikely" to win the next election.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...217-gmw54h.html

malcolm turnbull could announce tomorrow that every asylum seeker is to be subjected to mandatory waterboarding and still win.

Well yeah, with a policy announcement like that, he'd be a shoe-in.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Can you loving imagine if Turnbull lost just because they thought they could pull off a victory lap and announce their economic plans before the election? Jesus christ I don't want to get my hopes up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Zenithe posted:

Isn't 3% the margin for error?

It also goes along with a 12 point downward swing in Turnbull's approval though, so it's at least possible. :shrug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

Morrison's open contempt for the non-wealthy is half the reason for the fall. He's just as toxic as Hockey ever was.

Why don't we put the guy we spruiked as the ruthless, no compromise minister of torture and rendition into one of the most delicate ministries we have?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Why are we so poo poo? We won't even let New Zealand take our asylum seekers, because the possibility that once they become New Zealand citizens they might come back here. What the gently caress? How can anyone be that loving scared of asylum seekers? :smith:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

gay picnic defence posted:

I thought the issue with asylum seekers going to NZ was that it was a nice enough place that once news got out that a boat to Australia got you sent to NZ the boats would start again.

Well Dutton thinks it's a "backdoor into Australia."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/peter-dutton-vows-baby-asha-will-be-returned-to-nauru-20160221-gmzuwo.html

e: jfc, wouldn't dropping the check for visas before people got on planes be cheaper, easier and more moral than supporting privatised concentration camps, while still undermining people smuggling?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 22, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I think I'm going to have to stop reading this stuff for a while. I just ended up balling my eyes out in the toilet. It's so hosed up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60xXZpPgbQ

Comments are enabled, so get in quick!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

quote:

She has absolutely nothing to apologise for. This is not black face, this is fancy dress.

quote:

And not a single complaint about the white face paint on the woman next to her.

gently caress Australia.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Anidav posted:

Hey whats the story behind that image?

Women's basketballer's end of season get together fancy dress party. Alice Kunek dressed up as Kanye West. Liz Cambage called her out for being a racist.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Cartoon posted:

They all seem to be firmly on the right side of the Dulux colour chart.

Well you're wrong.

Cambage is half-Nigerian.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Birb Katter posted:

Let me rephrase that, white people are complaining about whiteface. We're not talking people complaining about cultural appropriation of cinco de mayo.

Día de Muertos

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Coaches have seatbelts. :shrug:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
And earlier this month

Guys, do you think Australia might have a race problem?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I only like the right side of my body tied up and beaten.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Well that didn't take too long.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Hmm maybe being in a carpark implies you are about to get out and walk or just did that. Its absolutely not the cars fault if a distracted idiot walks out in front of them. Saying a carpark is not a place for cars is actually retarded

Is it the cars fault if someone walks out onto a zebra crossing on a road without looking and gets hit cause the car couldnt physically stop in time?

Legally yes. When you're approaching a zebra crossing and there are people near enough that they can jump in front of your car, you should have stopped.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

It is absolutely not the car drivers fault someone jumps out in front of their car.

You have to look at the entire crossing. It absolutely is the driver's fault if they hit someone on a zebra crossing.

quote:

AUSTRALIAN ROAD RULES - REG 81

81—Giving way at a pedestrian crossing

(1) A driver approaching a pedestrian crossing must drive at a speed at which the driver can, if necessary, stop safely before the crossing.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_reg/arr210/s81.html

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Feb 22, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Ket posted:

Not only racist, but how the gently caress is that a Kanye get up? Like there's no way I'd look at that and think oh that's Kanye..

I guess it's supposed to look like his fashion line?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Laserface posted:

Except that most human beings arent beep boop robots that just blindly jump out into a crossing and there is a mutual understanding (as motorists are often also pedestrians at times, and vice versa) that when approaching a crossing you should still look to the right before embarking on what is a potentially lethal adventure. I was taught that at school - was anyone else?

Im not anti pedestrian or anti cyclist but you guys are super anti-car and the mental gymnastics you're going through to make the argument that cars=evil pedestrians=angelic beings is hilarious.

And yet some people will just walk into a crossing without looking. Guess what? Tough poo poo, you have to make sure you don't hit them.

How are you guys approaching pedestrian crossings that this is a major problem? Most of the time they're built in spots specifically so that drivers can see people getting ready to go across.

This isn't a "cars are bad" stance, it's a, "you guys must be loving poo poo drivers" stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

I don't know why you think Stalin's Russia was racist? The people sent to gulags were sent there because they collaborated with Nazis, not because they were people of colour.

Or because they were men who had sex with men. 5 years hard labour.

• Locked thread