Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This thread's off to a loving sexy start, god drat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Amethyst posted:

I am, actually, since this thread has been rolling around pathetically like a bunch of moron children for several pages now, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with my influence.

Amethyst, friend, you are too uptight for this thread. Please return yo the best thread of all

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Okay

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=htt...PI4cN38TIjKG4cw

On phone, can someone grab this article for me??

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Lol @ that entire article.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hooman posted:

I don't know, I'd prefer defrocked and then publically flogged but I'd settle for this.

He might get off on that

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Recoome rhymes with doom

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Scott Ludlam salty as gently caress

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ScreamingLlama posted:

If I'm going to be relentlessly hounded and bullied in this thread, there's no point in me trying to make any kind of point or argument. Especially since my own impairments are being used as ammunition. There's no low some people in auspol won't go to.

SL I'm going to try to give you some honest advice, because I try not to make a point of being an arsehole, and try to engage people with their passions - it's why I'm glad you've got an interest in the democrats because you're at least motivated enough to try and work for them even if you don't have much of an audience here itt.

I try in general not to go along with the echo chamber stuff that this thread does because I personally find it a bit irritating, but that's on me.

Part of the reason you get so much poo poo from people is that they're looking for a reaction from you, and you give it to them.

All the ASMR stuff, all the insults, it's to get you to melt down, because you haven't demonstrated the capacity to absorb it and move it to where it needs to go, you have however demonstrated a tendency to melt down, you get angry, and you dish it back and it makes you look like an easy target, so it makes it so that people want to target you and it's the reason you're getting so much poo poo from people.

My honest advice to you, that I hope you take from this is that if anyone in auspol - or even in general - start to fling hateful poo poo at you, just respond with "ok" - because ok gives people nothing to work with at all. There's a reason I've got this avatar right now :v:

For what it's worth mate, I don't personally agree with your argument that welfare fraud is of national concern given that the overall fraud rate is relatively low according to the numbers cited, and I completely buy the argument that the money spent in chasing this down could be far better used for other things, such as tax avoidance etc etc, but I feel that this is an argument for a different time.

Good luck with the democrats

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

quote:

m.theage.com.au Read Later

Doctor fears hidden measles threat after Melbourne anti-vaxer seeks covert help for her infected childby Beau Donelly  Feb. 12, 2016  2 min read  original

A Melbourne surgeon has warned that this week's measles outbreak could be worse than reported after a mother sought medical advice about her infected baby on a secret, anti-vaccination social media page.

In a post on the private Facebook page Vaccine Free Australia, Natasha O'Leary reported her unvaccinated, 12-month-old son had measles and asked members for advice on how to treat highly contagious disease naturally.

Four cases of measles have been confirmed in Brunswick and East Brunswick in the past week.

Members responded with suggestions that she give him cod liver oil, homeopathic remedies, vitamin A and C supplements.

In the post, Ms O'Leary, who runs a hospitality business in Melbourne's western suburbs, said she looked forward to a time "when we don't need secret anti-vax groups!".

John Cunningham, a Melbourne surgeon and spokesman for pro-vaccination group Stop the AVN, said failing to report suspected cases of measles to health authorities would expose other people to the virus.

"We know about four cases, this is now a fifth," he said. 

"It's concerning that if people aren't notifying their local doctor that cases might go unreported and the real instance is underestimated." 

Dr Cunningham said measles cases in Melbourne were likely to increase in the next few weeks and stressed the importance of seeking medical advice as well as alerting doctors about suspected cases before attending waiting rooms where there may be other susceptible people.

He said unvaccinated children who contracted the virus were more likely to be hospitalised, and that children who were too young for the vaccine would be at risk because of the "poor decisions" of some parents. 

"The poor child is suffering now from a disease that has a 1 in 1000 risk of permanent brain damage from encephalitis, which is inflammation of the actual brain tissue," he said.

"The rash that they get isn't just on the skin, it goes through their lungs, through their gastrointestinal track."

His comments follow a health department alert this week warning residents in Melbourne's north to brace for wave of measles cases.

Officials said four people - a man and three women - had contracted the disease in the Brunswick area. 

The state's acting chief health officer Dr Roscoe Taylor said the number of patients could potentially "be very large".

Victorian Health Department spokesman Graeme Walker said on Friday that the number of confirmed measles cases had not risen from four.

Despite Ms O'Leary's suspicions that her son has the virus, Mr Walker said he did not believe measles cases associated with the current cluster had gone unreported to health authorities.

He said it was unlikely because Ms O'Leary lived in Melbourne's west, about 10km from Brunswick.

"It seems to be fairly geographically located," he said. "It's drawing a fairly long bow there, as I said, we've got four cases in Brunswick and that's all that we've got."

When contacted by The Age, Ms O'Leary said she was taking her son to a GP on Friday afternoon and that the case had not yet been confirmed.

She said her son had "a bit of a rash" but was in good spirits and that she was not overly concerned because he was not lethargic or suffering from more severe symptoms.

"My children are third generation not vaccinated," Ms O'Leary said.

"I'm not anti-vaccination, I'm just pro-transparency. I question anything when there's big money involved."

Ms O'Leary said she believed developing naturally immunity was best way to protect her children and that people should not be told what to put in their bodies. 

"I think everyone should have the right to choose, the right to transparency and freedom," she said.

"If it came down to being jailed I would be, this is how strongly I feel about it; the right of the parent to decide what poison to put in a child's body."

Ms O'Leary said her son had not been inside her hospitality business for weeks.

Measles is a virus that lives in the nose and throat mucus of an infected person and spreads through coughing and sneezing. Symptoms include fever, sore throat, red eyes, coughing and the characteristic measles rash.

Children who have not had two measles vaccinations are among the most at risk of contracting the virus.

The measles vaccine is part of the National Immunisation Program for children between 12 months and four years of age.

A community's immunisation rate has to be about 90 per cent for what is known as 'herd immunity' to kick in, according to the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:toxx:

Formal toxx clause - Liberals will not gain an active majority at the next election (too much poo poo in their way), instead the next government will be a labour minority government, with greens voting with them on key issues and to confirm supply, and to keep power away from the libs.

PUP / KAP will fail to win any seats, Jacqui Lambie will likely retain her seat, and I also predict that Ricky Muir will keep his seat. I predict that Tony Abbott will run for his seat again and lose.

Bill Shorten will lead until the election, if he loses, he will voluntarily step down.

If Malcolm Turnbull doesn't win an outright majority, I predict a coup lead by ScoMo

If I don't get at least 3 of these right, I'll autoban myself

:toxx:

tithin fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 13, 2016

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I thought they were running as independents?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bah, I thought they were on the same cycle. Well, I guess we'll replace that one.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:greenangel:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Of these two anti-Malcolm slogans, which is better? "Drop the fop" or "The fop's a flop"

I'd say they're both strong messages, friend

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've always understood a Dandy to mean a well dressed (male) fool or charlatan

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That Tim Wilson resigning thing isn't news is it? I remember reading something last week from here that he was going to do it, and a tweet from a (female?) politician that it was time to shut down the human rights commission?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Recoome posted:

Can't say Malcolm without saying "cum, Mal".

Malcolm rhymes with Malcum

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hooman posted:

W I Z A R D M A S T E R
I
Z
A
R
D

M
A
S
T
E
R

This needs to go diagonally too

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:can:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Recoome posted:

Canberra is poo poo and it looks poo poo

Recoome rhymes with Boom

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Birb Katter posted:

The recession we had to have wouldn't fly with the Australian public.

This australian public.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Halo14 posted:

What the gently caress? Apparently George Pell had a 'secret' visit to Australia last year. Even paying a visit to Ballarat?

via reddit: http://www.brokenrites.org.au/drupal/node/391

Anyone surprised? at all?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh dear, what will this do to church going attendance at Ballarat

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

So what do we call a public figure gradually going insane and tinfoiling Islam/jews/feminism?

Lathamitis?

Gibson'd

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ettin posted:

What if his craft eventually runs into some aliens and they think Dutton is a typical human? Best to shoot him into the sun to avoid an XCOM situation, I feel

Aliens showing us up and wiping us out is a win win in my books

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Conservatives disliking the amount of attention the #LadyCilento hashtag is gaining, trending worldwide now, not just australia.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Birb Katter posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUTTON IS TO THE LEFT OF LABOR

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/701245434061193216

Is this real life

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

If you want to drive recreationally, you buy a special car that has to be kept at the recreational driving facility where you are a registered member. This isn't any different to firearms.

First of all, don't say "Browns" you piece of poo poo. Second of all, we're South-West Asians you can leave that Eurocentric "Middle Eastern" poo poo in the loving MSM you dickhead. Third, don't say lebs you fuckface.

In short, go to hell and die, you are a terrible person.

He's pushing your buttons and you're letting him

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

thatfatkid posted:

Seems about right.

Is that Peter Dutton in the middle?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think you'll find that Pavel is the only good thing both in this thread, and australian politics as a whole

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Is it really that unlikely that Pell raped some boys?

Saw the front page of, I think it was the hun today, with him saying he might never come back to Australia.

you tell me

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are there any pictures of him with a sausage sandwich though?

Depending on your definition of sausage, sandwich, and sausage sandwich

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Zenithe posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/cardinal-george-pell-calls-for-investigation-into-police-leak/7190216

:ironicat:

Would you turn up to answer questions regarding THAT investigation you massive piece of poo poo?

I really don't know how to take that.

"maliciously timed" Jesus Christ

Negligent posted:

Everyone entering a venue after a certain time must wear a bike helmet as protection against assault.

M-bison-yes.gif

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Frogmanv2 posted:

No, the bank cant go back and change the value of your loan unilaterally.

Hey, this is correct. A loan is a legal binding contract that can only be altered with the consent of both parties.

If the value of your house drops 50k, you're still on the hook for it.

Signed, banking scum.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Filth is also acceptable

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Someone keep handing Mt rope.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Thinking about it, this anti safe schools thing is probably the prelude to the debate on gay marriage, get the message out there early so that the precedent can be set in recent memory, and that is depressing enough

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Birb Katter posted:

Bold the whole thing really. I tried to cherry pick the good bits but had to give up.

Interesting

*steeples fingers*

In actuality this is a good article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

At least if there's a crash, I'll have job security. How morbid.

• Locked thread