Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Zurai posted:

IIRC Auction House activity has been on a steady incline since HexPrimal or whoever first started tracking it. The game is growing, if slowly. We'll see what February's numbers look like since it'll be the first full month with the PvE campaign.

Yeah, the plat value of my card collection has consistently trended upward over time, even when I'm not actively playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Afgad posted:

The coyotle mage's board clear racial doesn't hurt elementals. They don't get ruby for stormy goodness, but the storm cloud/queen/king combo is very strong in coyotle hands.

Thanks for posting this, It's finally given me a character concept to try out PvE.

What level do I need to be to use more than one of a given rare in my deck?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
so i take it I'm not supposed to be able to tackle these piranha

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
This whole "can't have four of a kind" thing is really screwing with my deck concepts.

What are the "hot" PvE decks right now? Are the slaughtergear cards still king?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

GlitchThief posted:

Hex: Shards of Fate - Life may be cheap, but these cards sure ain't

Hey, at least you don't have to worry about forgeries!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
How much PvE content is there? If I do everything once without grinding, what's max level current ly?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Any thoughts on a PvE campaign deck using Angel of Foresight? Which character build might that go well with?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
So for those of us not watching the tournament stream, what's the word? Which decks got brought ?

edit: nevermind, saw the articles on fiveshards

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I am really, really bad at drafting these days. Set 1 and 2 I had a decent win rate but ever since Armies of Myth hit things went south for me badly. If it weren't for the free weekly I'd probably have stopped drafting entirely.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I'm just glad I have a playset of the azurefate sorceress AA.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
^^ Yeah that guy left a zero off his asking price

Ooooh now that's power.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Oh, a steam key for this game would make me very happy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Wait we are getting extra kickstarter rewards? Or just the long delayed ones?

Still pissed about lotus garden

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Hauki posted:

wait, what happened with lotus garden? That was like the only reason I went as high as I did in tiers.

Wizards of the Coast hosed it up as part of the lawsuit settlement basically. It's still functionally similar but differently themed / artworked.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Zurai posted:

Judging by auction house sales figures, the PvE campaign is about as far from a failure as you can possibly get.

Yeah it's doing its job, raising publicity for the real game.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
They had to re-do some of the initial coyotle art because it was very obviously furry-influenced and sexualized, from what I remember.

On the other hand you can't be too sensitive about that kind of thing or furries will ruin half of everything on the internet for you.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Hex tcg browser.com has a good .api tool for exporting your collection but I think there is a bug with it or there was recently. Not sure if it's currently functional.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

madstrike posted:

So, help me out here...i'm going with a Dwarf Cleric on the campaign and made some budgets robots deck based on what i used for the frost arena when it came out.

However, when i search for ...say: war machinist ... only 2 show up while i have 6 on my collection! What's up with this? Is it my 'champion' level? (I'm lvl 6 right now)

Yeah you can only use so many of a given card until you level up. The exact # varies by class/level/card type etc

Lone Goat posted:

It's either fixed, or it's only broken if you use the |All modifier.

I've been using |SaveDeck|Collection|DraftPack|DraftCardPicked|Login and it's been fine.

Here's the link: http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/tools/sync/

HAve you been able to run drafts with this set up? I timed out of a draft two weeks ago and so I disabled the API, don't want to use it again till i can confirm that's fixed.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Speaking of I really wish hex tcg browser let me filter to only cards I have five or more copies of

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

God of Evil Cows posted:

Anyone else sad about the prices of set 4? When set 3 launched every card had a ridiculous price tag and you could make bank selling all your cards. This time around, whenever I check the price of a rare or legendary I picked up, it's close to the price floor and not even worth bothering to list.

I think the steam launch has brought in a ton of new players, the vast majority of whom are limited and don't bother with constructed. My guess is that this is leading to far, far more people wanting to sell cards than there are people willing to buy them.

4-4-3 seems like it's going to be even more difficult to go infinite in than 3-3-3. At least it means constructed players will be able to pick up cards for the cheap, maybe encouraging more people to play constructed.

Edit: even set 3 prices are going down. Sell your extras while you can!

I think in the long term prices will go up as new players learn the game and migrate to constructed.

That said, what deck archetypes are working for people with the new set? I haven't had a chance to play much yet.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Sigma-X posted:

I played one draft and drafted monored aggro because I opened good red cards, had zero synergies, and ultimately lost in round 2 to a sick lifegain deck. I hadn't looked at any of the cards ahead of time but my takeaway is that this game still isn't as much fun in limited as it was in set 1.

So far I like 4-4-3 a lot more than 3 3 3 but overall I liked the first block a lot more, yeah. Spiders are just so loving random there are a lot more "well, loving nothing I could have done about that" moments.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
So what's the deal with this login warning on the Hex site? They deleting people's cards?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Yeah people are going to be apoplectic -- this was sold and backed as a permanent deal, that's the whole idea of an online card collection. Will *Hex* retain a backup, or are people gonna just be hosed?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Thrawn200 posted:

I'm guessing people will just be hosed. As I understand it retaining backups would be illegal. This is all forced by German law since Gameforge became the publisher so Hex has no flexibility in the matter.

Oh Christ this is going to be a clisterfuck

How many people have popped into this thread going "hay guys I haven't played in six.months what's up?"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

ImpactVector posted:

Yeah, this whole thing was handled very poorly. People running Kickstarters don't seem to get that you can't send any vital communication through those updates because a lot of people don't have time to sift through all the emails they get spammed with.

Especially when you also advertise the loving Ghostbusters board game in those same updates.

I even posted a week ago on the official forums saying "you all are handling this really poorly, it is going to blow up in your face" and got a bunch of Pollyannaish replies.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Grim posted:

I'm excited that we've finally got the Pro-Player Tournament coming that was promised during the kickstarter, I thought they might end up cancelling it because at a certain point announcing cool things that most people won't get to participate in is just gonna bite them in the arse - July 16th can't get here soon enough!

I'm missing plenty of Set 4 cards so can't throw together most of the current meta decks to test (unless I wanna spend some plat, which I prefer to hoard like an idiot), but I've got a few spare cards if people wanted to trade?

Also if anyone wants some practice before the big showdown I'll usually be around in the Slack channel, though being in a weird timezone and having a job probably means I'll only be available to play over the weekends (also I'm not very good but why let that get in the way ;))

Oh Goddam I have to come up with a deck now don't I

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Thoom posted:

Good news, everyone!

All the spider-haters can come back to the game now

And there was much rejoicing

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
I feel like the lawsuit probably dealt a mortal blow to this game, it just wasn't immediately fatal.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

katkillad2 posted:

Apparently if you haven't logged in since Hex split from Gameforge your collections might be at risk and you need to log in and accept the new terms by the 11th.

Speaking of, if anyone is interested in selling their collection you can pm me an up to date hex.tcgbrowser link and I might be able to make an offer. On average I am usually able to beat Hexprimals offers.

Thanks for the heads' up. How is the game these days?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Are players in the steam / pc universe playing vs / trading with the ps4 players or not>?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Hahah Christ, that could be wild, especially for folks with a lot of legacy cards.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

God of Evil Cows posted:

I've been reading a lot of doom and gloom about Hex and it makes me sad. The current standard format has been insanely open since the champion changes with many different types of viable decks. I hope the game has at least another year of life in it.

I'm gonna blame WotC in the end. I feel like Hex never really recovered from the damage of the lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Oh, that's sad. I enjoyed the time I spent playing this game, just fell away from it and never got around to going back.

I feel like it never really recovered from the effects of the WTC lawsuit.

• Locked thread