Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

DesperateDan posted:

I was heavily drunk on an OU residential course (gently caress, I might as well just have said I was on a residential) and I found myself in the ungodly hours at an expat bar on mallorca, and I met a terrible person. Proud, that over 2 decades living in spain, she barely had a word of spanish, because in her words, she didn't need to. She lived in an enclave that was pretty much a daily mail fevered wet-dream of english people eating english foods from english shops talking only to english people, administered to by english people, somewhere on the coast of mainland spain- just part of a network of other enclaves. The reason she left the UK? Too. Many. Immigrants. Changing. Society.

There is no shortage of those sorts in Spain. The worst type of insular knobs who click their fingers at waiting staff, insist on walls sausages and even resent other foreigners moving there. Also, you have little enclaves of Europeans, Dutch, German, Irish, et all, all pandering to their colonel blimps but never acknowledging each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pork Pie Hat posted:

If you get elected police commissioner and don't outsource law enforcement to a sociopath local billionaire vigilante you're doing it wrong.

Batman?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Another byelection, then. Is that safe for Labour?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

What about places without local billionaires? Do you reduce the requirement down to multimillionaire? In which case West Yorkshire could have spent decades under the protection of Savileman. :stonkhat:

Rupes could just buy them all? He is a billionaire, sociopathic headcase.

E: Haha, thingummy off Razorlight is ripped off his tits on This Week

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 5, 2016

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

Three of those four are held by Tory MPs. Will be interesting if they lose those seats as it'll reduce them a parliamentary majority of 1, wouldn't it? (Assuming Labour hold their popped clog seat.)

Michael Crick has said nothing can be done if it was over 12 months ago unless a charge of conspiracy can be brought, and I certainly hope it can!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Oh balls. Farage isn't going to go after the Tories election spending. Which probably means they have been up to shifty stuff themselves.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Good to see Dave managed to wedge a dead/disabled son mention into PMQs today.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Regarde Aduck posted:

Americans still seem to have a generally decency about them. Like they're thick as poo poo and their police are basically some kind of tyrannical army but they probably would feel sorry if they saw a disabled person burst into flames in the middle of the street. They might even try and help them. In the UK we're at the point where a crowd would gather to throw petrol on them while shouting scrounger. Then they'd poo poo themselves, eat the poo poo, throw the poo poo at each other and then jump into the fire themselves. Something something immigrants austerity.

Maybe in south east England.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

No wonder Hunt won't go into work apart from Fridays. He should probably skip that day and leave a pot plant instead.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Coohoolin posted:

Can't remember if I told BoS when I signed up. Think I should tell them again?

Look, your a busy man. Just pm me your account details and I'll take care of it.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Don't underestimate how brazen he could possibly be! If he acts all worried and launches an "urgent inquiry" into doctor's morale, many people who haven't been following the dispute closely will overhear it on the news or see a headline and think: "well, their low morale obviously can't be that guy Jeremy Hunt's fault: look how concerned he is!"

Just as worried as he was about James Murdoch's morale.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

StoneOfShame posted:

They've not killed the planet, the planet will live on, they've killed its ability to support us, which is I guess what you meant. I just hate the human arrogance of we've killed the planet, nope we've killed ourselves and a fair few other species.

Given our mutual appetite for destruction, you'd have thought we would have put a bit more effort in spreading out and ruining the entire galaxy.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Puntification posted:

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I heard the word gaga and it wasn't about the pop star or the queen song.

Tsk. Pearl clutchers. Not that they would mind the ill and disenfranchised having their benefits stopped.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Young males don't like a tv show made by mature women for mature women? Hold the front page.

It pays Janet Street-Porter. That alone is reason for derision, let alone basically being Mail/Sun/Heat telly. But, if it keeps middle aged people from aimlessly meandering along at lunch then it serves my purposes too.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

StoneOfShame posted:

I think this shows how good The Thick of It was, I know what Im doing with my day off! Does anyone remember what the actual policy someone suggested in it that the government then used because I heard that was Iannucci stopped doing it.

'The green bank'

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

:golfclap:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jabby, tbh at this point, as hard as it will be for people in the NHS, at this point people dying in hospital corridors is the only thing the government will pay attention to. No, I wouldn't like it to be someone close to me, but they are not listening to sweet reason. What alternative do they have? Ordering in army medics? Regardless, you have my complete support and sympathy.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Oh, Dave, don't! He's not worth it! (He totally is)

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Anyone watching PMQs? Sparrow at the Guardian seems to be of the opinion that Cameron won the NHS exchange.

I'm watchingh ing it, and wouldn't agree. Cornyn could have led with hunt getting his scary sums wrong, but Cameron came down to mocking corbyns clothes.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

All Corbyn said was 'Bevan would be spinning in his grave' which is the only logical response.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Wouldn't a 7 day week allow for a better usage of existing inventory, thereby reducing the cost or increasing the quality of care? Given that we live in a fairly secular world today, one might even argue that the fixed weekend is something that should abolished anyway (while keeping 5/2 word/free days), to allow economies to run more efficiently?

It is already seven days a week. Also, taking the same pool of resources and making it compulsory isn't going to help efficacy of morale.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

But if they want something they already have, what is all the fuzz about?

Pay attention, or GTFO

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Jedit posted:

Yeah, that's going to help.

Try curing ignorance before condemning it, you reactionary fuckheads. If you can get through to Gaussian on something the right wing scum are doing that is explicably wrong and he hasn't realised, he might start wondering what else he's been lied to about. If he doesn't, then cordially invite him to gently caress off.

A noble sentiment, but I think we have the measure of the man.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I just turned it on, but while the BBC calls on its sword over the Savile report, but Dame Janet was rightly shooting down suggestions that not reporting sexual abuse should be a crime. Is this cor the abused or further up the food chain?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

J_RBG posted:

Jerusalem Post makes up poo poo rumour, possibly to make entire world vomit simultaneously:
There is no light in the void:

I for one am happy that if this even is a rumour our media our cowards, because the less time I spend thinking about Boris' Johnson the better

This article is from June 2013.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

J_RBG posted:

That'll learn me, oops

I think we were all hoping it was breaking news. Dave has been out of the country a fair bit recently.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

tooterfish posted:

I think you're all too cynical.

The one time a kipper wants something to be more brown, and all you can do is piss and moan.

More or lesss what I wanted to post if the the forums didn't have a tantrum

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

TinTower posted:

So, I appear to have really pissed off Mumsnet. :munch:

I never though UKMT and Mumxnet would have anything in common. Go on, dish.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

hookerbot 5000 posted:

It's weird, I'm probably one of the few people in the thread who is a mumsnet target audience and the only things I ever see on it are recipes and "yes it's totally normal if your kid does x/y/z" threads. All the other stuff people find on it just pass me by (except penis cup - I caught that)

Huh? No, don't wanna know. I got three pages in before giving up on the Millie Tant type rants.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Anyone know what line up of spanners is on QT tonight?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Lugaloco posted:

Julia Hartley-Brewer is on Question Time a lot.

She also talks a bloody lot. Not much of it sensible.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Oh Jesus, why do six formers get allowed on this show? Poisonous little Tory prig.

E:I never knew, there is a shortage of rental properties because of immigrants, and they push the price up too!

E2: This episode is going to piss me right off

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 26, 2016

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

gently caress me this is infuriating. Also, yet again, Liz Truss proves she shouldn't be allowed to speak in public. I don't understand why Diane Abbot hasn't climbed over the table and belted Hartley-Brewer. I reckon she could take her.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hobo posted:

This is easily the worst question time panel I have ever seen.

Its a bit rough, agreed. I wish someone would point out the larger lady in the unfortunate makeup we are not letting in floods of terrorists, like border control is the same as the entrance to Tesco. Maybe, just maybe they are all ready here and radicalized and all immigrations to pass border checks?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Why do people insist on an hour long exercise in masochism? Just don't watch it. It's always trash, everyone on it is either a bigot or an empty suit or a token clueless celebrity, and the audience regularly seems like they've just collected 50-100 of the worst human beings in the town all in one place.

You need to keep an eye on the bastards, thats why.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Its weird the news making heavy weather of Howard being 'former conservative leader' but no one mention IDS was before he embarked on his vocation of being a serial killer.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Just watching Natalie Bennett on the DP. Has anyone checked its not just Victoria Wood taking the piss?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Rakosi posted:

The Tories shouldn't, actually. Could you imagine how well a Tory backed investigation into that would be received in this thread? It wouldn't be considered to be worth bandwidth it was printed on. It has to be independent. Even if the Tories admitted there was a historical cover-up over this issue, at a governmental level, this thread would still insist they were only doing so to smokescreen an even bigger thing or whatever. The level of paranoia ITT against the Tories is A) demonstrable in people actually begrudging them for doing their jobs in beating on the NHS and BBC over child abuse and B) assuming that any political party ever is as competent at hiding things as many people here would like to think they are.

It absolutely has to be independent, especially so because it is the ruling party we are talking about here.

It does have to be independent, yes. But you have a very low opinion of this thread. We don't oppose Tories for the same of it, most of us are siding with Cameron on remain (for less made up reasons).

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

It feels odd. Cameron's less wrong on this particular issue than his awful peers though.

I know. It doesnt sit well, does it? Still, look at the Tories who want us to leave so they can have free reign to perform evil deeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

shrike82 posted:

Do you guys tip delivery drivers?

Feck off.

• Locked thread