Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Darkness is like a super-weird, human version of Cerea from Monster Musume, and that makes her best by a small amount over Megumin. It's a close race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Darkness doesn't need story. She needs to be a creep. It's great.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grrarg posted:

Darkness' backstory is that she was the Paladin in Bikini Warriors before being reincarnated and promoted to the Crusader advanced class in KonoSuba.

This is also acceptable.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Megumin is top-tier, but Darkness is the best.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Where is Megumin everything? I want all the Megumin things. And some Darkness stuff.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If I had to guess, it's possibly because "Megumin" sounds like a nickname, a la "Sacchin" for "Satsuki" or "Micchan" for "Minami".

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The frog scene with Aqua and Sena might be the best bit I've seen in this show, and there are a lot of fantastic bits.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yinlock posted:

why does vanir make this dumb loving face when he uses his death beam and why is it so funny

I genuinely need someone to turn that mask into a Switch controller.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

El Burbo posted:

dont buy these they are made by a company known for its poor quality

Bellfine stuff looks fine to me. Is it just paint job issues?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Marrying Aqua gets you in on the Axis cult, and I don't know who wants that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kazuma knows.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Rodyle posted:

boy

really working that foot angle aren't you, video game

Aqua will step on you, both to show dominance and because she's too broke to afford a step stool.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Beato Believer posted:

Billy bookshelves are relatively cheap, have a variety of door styles available, and can be used to store books and manga as well as figures. Plus the shelves are adjustable and you can mix glass and wood shelves if you like. Although they're not free-standing and need to be placed against a wall (and it's recommended that you fasten it to the wall in some fashion).

So many just get a Detolf without thinking of long-term flexibility. It irks me somewhat.

Detolfs have utility (see: cool amiibo collections, 1/4 scale figures), but it is kinda bad that everyone sees them as the end-all-be-all.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

nielsm posted:

Also bad use of vertical space, and the lower half has overall bad visibility. Advantages of Detolf are price and very thin skeleton structure/almost entirely glass, disadvantages are poor use of space and low flexibility. When I was looking for a better way to display my expensive plastic earlier this year, I went with a slightly more traditional display cabinet that also has a couple drawers at the bottom, much better use of space IMO.

(I need to clean the glass panes soon.)

I'd say the space is fine if you're putting in large figures or small stair shelves, and it looks full when you decorate it, but it's a specific use case.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I want Aqua and Serval because I like Aqua and Serval

SU-GOOOOIIIIII, KAZUMA-SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

90's ova called Dragon Half, it's only two episodes and pretty fun.

God, I owned Dragon Half on VHS. I loved that stupid show and all the incredible dumb jokes. The dub was also really good; everyone had to be having fun being a huge goofball.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chiasaur11 posted:

Eris pads her breasts.

That's what I hear! Who would do such a thing!?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Carlosologist posted:

the succubus episode was real uh interesting to watch with people

I absolutely love the whole "I can make them any age?" bit, because you're like "...Oh boy," and then Kazuma gets really excited about her being an older woman.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

My favorite part of that swap is Dust's party basically realizing that they would benefit greatly from having Kazuma as a 4th but knowing deep down that Aqua, Megumin, and Darkness need him to survive together.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I hope Aqua's VA is doing okay. I think it was all her screaming as Aqua that broke her voice, so hopefully she can keep screaming for the movie.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Blaze Dragon posted:

She's still working at least, she had a role in 2017-2018's Kamen Rider Build as Vernage. That said, Vernage never raised her voice, so I'm not sure if she can scream properly.

Wark Say posted:

Sora Amamiya actually seems to favor her singing, and I'm guessing she at least has her technique down pat. I mean, if Nana Mizuki can still do hot-blooded voices at 38 and keep singing like she does, I'm guessing Ms. Amamiya is going to be fine.

It got announced back in May after her Build role that she had chorditis vocalis, and while I haven't heard anything in a while, TrySail still seems to be singing. I just hope she's better!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Aqua-sama was simply too grand to be expressed by mere human voice.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I can't read the manga, because everyone looks normal and isn't suffering from Studio DEEN face, which was equally as charming as the voice work, imo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Darkness is at her best when she's Too Much.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mokinokaro posted:

Someone actually suggested this to the writer on twitter iirc, and they decided it may as well be canon.

Can't have a panty shot if no one can see them!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I feel like KonoSuba rides that line where it's fanservice but it's not titillating. Yeah, Aqua wears no underwear, and Darkness's got super jiggle physics, but I feel like it's never played just for the sake of eroticism. It just exists. Yes, I'm Kazuma.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What? I'm pretty sure the constant rear end shots, skimpy clothing, nudity, bouncing ect is 1000% intended to titillate. It's kind of silly to try and legitimize its fanservice as anything but exactly that.

I guess my mindset is built around how other isekai shows like How Not To Summon A Demon Lord and Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody have fanservice just like KonoSuba but boy are they on another level that isn't the same.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AnoHito posted:

Isekai aren't inherently bad or anything, it's just that it's a pretty popular setup lately so there's a lot of garbage Isekai being written.

Isekai is good, because you get ridiculous nonsense like "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?" which sounds hilarious. Related note: Darkness's VA voices the mom in a website promo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ninjewtsu posted:

i would have a lot more respect for konosuba being horny if megumin wasn't like 14

isn't darkness only 17 too

According to the wiki, she's 18. Megumin is 14, though. They age a bunch by some web novel, apparently.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Subvisual Haze posted:

The Konosuba OVA though is pretty much nonstop "fanservice" and Kazuma sexually harassing his party members.

OVAs are always just fanservice extras that they couldn't show during the broadcast.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kyte posted:

Take her out, pose her to be crying, put her back in the box and let her see the other four.

I live my entire life under the assumption that Toy Story is very real, and I know deep in my heart that if they do this, they're going to murder him and then tell your figures to murder you for giving him the idea.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vengarr posted:

The total lack of self-awareness in this particular genre kinda blows me away sometimes.

Death March had a scene where the protagonist picked up some nameless demi-human slaves, and he instantly named the cat girl “Tama” and the dog girl “Pochi”. Basically, Kitty and Spot. Was this meant to highlight his callous and flippant nature? His fundamental mistake of not seeing them as equals to him?

Nah, the author just has no imagination and thought it was awesome. Everyone loves it and it’s never brought up again.

I thought they named themselves that, and he just kinda went with it. I could be misremembering, though.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Evil Thing posted:

Did you watch the anime?

It's been a minute. The show was pretty bad, but I do have to say that I appreciated that the main guy had every opportunity to be a sleazeball and actively avoided it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm dumb excited for this stupid thing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Skypie posted:

Darkness alone probably disqualifies it from being appropriate as an after-school cartoon. Not to mention all the Aqua rear end it goes out of its way to show

Kingdom Hearts 3 sounds way different than I remember.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vengarr posted:

I’m still surprised they got rid of after-school anime. The original Toonami block was fire. Did they really have a better use for that time slot?

They needed more time for more Teen Titans Go.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EponymousMrYar posted:

Not can she wear underwear apparently.

Goddesses are weird like that.

She wears underwear. It's just invisible.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They're adding Shield Hero to Isekai Quartet, and I'm not feeling great about that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hunt11 posted:

To move quickly away from that, I did love the ending scene. It was cute seeing Kazuma understanding just how much explosion magic meant to Megumin and deciding to just go with it instead of forcing her to give up on her dreams.

The heart gave me life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

el dorito posted:

I left right as the credits rolled. Please tell me that there weren't any mid-credits or post-credits scenes

Crunchyroll-hime showed up and introduced Subaru as the next member of the Isekai Quartet Cinematic Universe.