Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's like Scandinavia is already in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I get Sweden and Switzerland mixed up all the time so I double-checked before calling it Scandinavia.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think that cash- and check-users self-segregating themselves to a separate but equal line in the grocery store is a great idea.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought it was going to count the "m" as two "n"s.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It is reasonably robust for its weight.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My friend just bought an electric car while living in an apartment with no place to plug it in. Based on their driving habits they calculated they they would have to visit a charger somewhere every ~3 weeks and were fine with that. Then they drove it a while and found out that the 250-mile advertised range is actually more like 100 to 150 if you follow the manufacturer’s charging recommendations. So now there are negotiations with the landlord to add a charging circuit to an ancient building whose existing panels were described by an electrician as “widowmakers.”

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Lmfao @ thinking that landlords will do anything that isn't going to make them more money in the next two months.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I tried Google's AI search response beta a month or two ago and basically it was regurgitating the exact the same stuff as the first few hits, which are also usually AI-generated but not labeled as such.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I’m not going to believe anything AI tells me until someone can make autocorrect work reliably.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
lmfao @ his prospective date having been to the google offices on a date before.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

The actual profit is $2300 as you put the $1900 debt in the name of the cow before you sell it.

lmfao

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I shop for refrigerators exclusively at the Apple Store.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Amazon just gets added now to the queue of mediocre streaming services you rotate through one at a time to binge whatever few things they have worth watching.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Can these freezer doors mine bitcoins?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I watch enough youtube and dislike seeing ads enough to make premium worth it. I'm too old for adblocker arms races across multiple platforms.

I still shake with rage though when someone wants to show me something on youtube on their phone or whatever and some long ridiculous ad plays first, or gets inserted randomly in the middle.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They ones I watch make it pretty obvious where the cooked-in ad is, either with specific background graphic or music or an actual progress bar counting down that makes it easy to skip. Or they put it at the end and you just stop watching when the sponsored part starts.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Being able to say “can’t go out today, AI driver says it isn’t safe” might be the biggest point in their favor.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I thought google was?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We don't have loonies in America.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Negostrike posted:

Don't these motherfuckers make enough money to sort out that catastrophic balding

I want to write to this guy and offer to lend him my clippers.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you receive "5" insulin instead of "0.5" insulin then you just get extremely healthier, right?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It will make you very sleepy, sweaty, and gain weight. It's not a fatal dose or anything, but if you do it for a while, then it can cause your blood sugar level to tank and send you into a diabetic coma that kills you. How serious it is will also depend on the specific person and how serious their diabetes is.

Then maybe we shouldn't let idiot programmers make these kinds of mistakes.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
In my family we play Axis and Allies after Christmas dinner.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Luv 2 invent trains

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Knowing that the modern economy brutally punished Instant Pot for making a product that the customer can just buy once and use for a very long time without needing to keep buying upgrades, accessories, subscriptions, etc. is always good for a chuckle.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Seat position presets are stored in the cloud.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

I think I'm gonna cut Prime and Netflix out this year. I don't even order from Amazon all that much so the perks aren't really worht it either. There's tons of free poo poo out there and even just renting something I really want to see is gonna be cheaper. I know I don't watch 30 bucks a month or content a month for a full year. Only downside might be a series I want to see but those are few and far between.

HBO Max gives me the best value for my dollar so I'll keep that.

Subscribe to one at a time, as needed. When you finish watching the stuff you wanted on one service then unsubscribe and switch to another service to watch whatever has accumulated there since last time.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I just use the color laser printer at work.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Kagrenak posted:

and then in the last act he just takes it completely off the loving rails.

Neal Stephenson is famous for being completely unable to write endings.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It probably knows that images similar to this are usually labeled “chair” on the internet. Test it on a 3d model of a chair or a shop fabrication drawing of one.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Best $20 I ever spent.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Letting autocomplete make business decisions for my company.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Report that IT Printer Cop to HR for snooping on employee's personal information. HR loves that kind of stuff.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don’t order from restaurants any more, I order from brokers who placed an order for something I am willing to eat back when demand was low.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
There is a guy who rides one of those electric wheely things on the multiuse path near me, but he wears a motorcycle helmet, head-to-toe black leather with various red LED highlights, and some kind of personal speaker system that blasts rock music while he rides. It is cyberpunk AF.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

like bouncers or cashiers at bars/clubs or booze stores dont have perfect photo memory, like if they do an ID check they probably shortcut it with just the birth year, or if theyre unsure, check a nearby page a day calendar and then check to see if a ID is real and not fake.

why does facebook or other sites get to store a pic of an ID forever in their data horde ?

There are college town bars that scan/swipe your id, I assume to protect themselves if they get caught up in an underage drinking sting.

Anyway, for a website, deleting potentially valuable data is harming shareholder value.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Mechanical Mumbaikar.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cybertruck comes prewashed from the factory.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think it will work great, problem will be that just because my lovely AI simulacrum and your lovely AI simulacrum turn out to be deep-down soulmates doesn't mean that you will like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You fill out a form.