Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Ben Carson
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Ego-bot posted:

For us, six guys all over Rubio will be known as the eighth Republican debate.

For Marco, it will be a Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Vile posted:

I think it helps. Day before the Super Bowl. Lots of hype. Lord trump returns etc. I predict 18 million watch

Lord Trump's return seems an irresistible storyline. Many people will say gently caress it to going out the night before the Superbowl. The only compelling counter programming I can see is a Notre Dame v North Carolina basketball game, which is a good one but far from can't-miss.

I'm going to go ballsy, 22 million.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

I hope Trump shaves his head for this one. Dude should realize it's time to reinvigorate his brand.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

You know, Trump usually drops a few points after every debate.

For some reason, though, he spent all week building intriguing storylines and hyping it up, and all eyes will be on him to be "substantive" and "get serious", but no one expects him to actually do it. He even claimed to study for the first time.

I think he's going for broke here because its his last chance in a while to have his words heard in their entirety. If he turns in something monumental, and it's all anyone can talk about tomorrow when they mute Coldplay, he could make a huge breakthrough in favorability. But, if he fucks up or even is mediocre, the reverse is true.

Can't wait.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

Freepers are saying they've heard reports that Trump actually prepared for this debate.

Big if true.

http://dcwhispers.com/trump-doing-something-for-first-time-preparing-for-a-gop-debate/

I'm going to say what I've been saying for a while, he's been sandbagging this whole time to lower expectations and now he's going to own this debate as a statesman.

That's the real expectations game, and the media fell right into his trap. and everyone will be wowed at how he was able to prepare in one day when he probably has been doing it for weeks.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

either I'm right and the whole nation is about to flip their poo poo, or Marco pretty much has this thing in the bag.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Jeb! had a good jab at Trump. Then he nullified it immediately. Classic Jeb!

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/people-uneasy-with-another-bush-need-to-get-therapy-jeb/article/2582606

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

How long is this shitshow gonna last

I need to know how to pace my Wild Turkey pulls

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

The gay rumor thing.is picking up steam. It seems despite a smoking gun the picture of him dancing Chippendale style combined with the park arrest will still convince most people.

Sites pushing the "open to blackmail" angle hard to make it "totally not a homophobia" thing.

I suspect Barbara Bush is behind this.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

If you google "is marco rubio gay" this is right at the top:

Madsen claims that “Republican insiders” have told him about Presidential candidate Marco Rubio's double life as a gay man. He alleges that Rubio was “known to be a very extroverted homosexual” while at university, and claims to have two pictures of him from a gay club in 1995."

This poo poo's off and running.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Regarding rubio and foam parties...

Was Christie just setting up "Boy in the Bubbles" as a campaign ending sick burn?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

BEND THE KNEE

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Joementum posted:

Unbelievable that he went back to the stump speech well on the second round.

A THIRD TIME

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Hiigaran0 posted:

Guys I don't know what is real. Marco Rubio just said the same thing like 3 times in a row and I didn't know if what I was watching had actually just happened.

I thought i was hallucinating ive literally NEVER seen such a mental breakdowns

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

BUY CHRISTIE STOCK

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Christie is doing really well.

I bought 50 bucks at 2cents as soon as Rubio broke. No regrets, join me brothers. Rubio's donors gotta go somewhere.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

GOLDMAN SACHS ON NOTICE

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

eric posted:

He's really doing well. Rubio already self destructing. Jeb trying to build up his energy but it's not working.

Jeb would win but Trump obliterated him over 9 months nonstop. Brilliant.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Joementum posted:

Wait, botox can now stop me from pissing?

Disregarding Trump, revised your Rubio opinion yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Joementum posted:

I think he still probably comes in 2nd in NH which was his goal. It just makes Super Tuesday messier.

Ill bet Kasich with certainty. Rubio got buried here and 3 days is enough to have those Christie moments sink him a few points.

• Locked thread