Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Shogunner posted:

Apparently it's pretty decent, even for multiclass racing. Once this stupid market hold clears and I sell this $25 CS:GO crate I will buy it and report back. BTW hi sim racing goons, I am a sim racing goon. I got full Fanatec Clubsport on a Playseat Challenge, race in VR exclusively, and am joining the iRacing Le Mans series next season. glad 2 be here happy 2 help :)

Make sure you join us for Friday and Sunday league sessions if you can! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Shogunner posted:

Is there a thread for these? Definitely interested in doing some league stuff!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789348

Second post, though the discord is the place to be.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

The advice for rolling chairs is just set something grippy behind the wheels so they don't move.

Locking casters are cheap enough to get hold of, I use them and they work pretty well, though depends what surface you are on.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

I feel like even the rotation of the chair is kinda loving with me but I'm not sure if my butt is just confused why it doesn't feel any car movement. What wheels are you using? I have a Steelcase Leap so I'm guessing there is going to be a lot of aftermarket support for it.

I have a GT-Omega chair of some kind, which rotates. I just got some third party ones off amazon for £15-ish and they do the job, though I am on a carpeted floor, doubt they'd work as well on wood or vinyl.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Sounds like you guys are complaining about Nords not Skips.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Immolat1on posted:

My understanding was all of the discounted memberships were only for new members? So once you start buying up cars and tracks you're basically locked into that account and are stuck doing the normal recurring monthly charge, hopefully I'm wrong?

There's a discount for Black Friday on year long (or more I think) subs, $99 for 12 months sub I think was the latest?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I don't use it but, isn't there an auto-blip for those cars?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Also the solstice is terrible.

Not an empty quote.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Apparently the story covers last years season then moves in to this year with the new liveries or something (I thought the same).

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Fhqwhgads posted:

Maybe I did get magically better in the interim, then. I'm not complaining, I'm just happily curious. This thread also got me to get an iracing account and I'm totally lost there but I'm also having fun crashing into new and exciting walls with new and exciting cars.

You need to join us in the iRacing discord for weekly hosted races and endurance events with drivers of all skill levels!

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
It's got a massive backlog but several people in the discord have them already, granted it's mostly people who ordered them during the first few hours they were available but they all seem to love them.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Yeah the whole point of the rim is that you can use it in a real GT car, then remove it, plug it in to your fanatec setup and drive the sim.

(and to sell it to nerds who will never do that... but they COULD)

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
You can get some really lightweight gloves that aren't big thick weighty things, then you just chuck them in the wash with other clothes whenever, you can also buy a couple of pairs and rotate.

Some wheels have people making custom grips for them, but imo the best solution is gloves.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
General consensus is they are great, but you should really get the upgrade for more power.

e; 8nm is the upgraded one, my mistake, that is fine

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 29, 2021

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Thrustmaster TMX is the same as the T150 also, except the xbox version.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
About a million goons in the discord use the gt-omega apex stand, folds up super easily and does the job for anything short of a bigger DD wheel.

e; also yes the pedals are supposed to be stiff, in fact it's recommended that you have them even stiffer once you get used to it.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 25, 2022

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
If you make the load cell pedal softer you are actively making them worse at their primary function, so I would strongly recommend not doing that and exploring all other options.

I also use locking casters on my chair.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
“I’ve literally never spun there before in hours of practice” is heard at least once every single race with the discord crew.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
No matter how good you get at sim racing, there’s always an alien who is way faster.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Then he tried Ferrari fixed and lost all his iRating so ran back to rookie MX-5s.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Even in the cars that need it, which is basically none, there's no complexity to it. Push the pedal in, tap/pull the paddle, release pedal.

e; also be in the discord and we can explain everything you ever wanted to know

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

necrotic posted:

I think there’s still embargo so we won’t see any actual reviews yet. Dave Cam did say it “is much better” and left it at that.

Pretty sure he also said he didn't even play the last game so...

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
The racing line trains you to think in a different way to what you actually need, so when you can't rely on it (when racing, when attempting to improve), you are totally unequipped to deal with the situation.

It's like learning to read written Spanish when you actually need to understand spoken German.

It's also not specific to cars as far as I know, so might just be giving you incorrect advice.

Fellblade fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 12, 2022

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
As long as they are casters with locks on you should be fine, otherwise you’ll be all over.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I ran iRacing on two 24 inch 1080p and a 27inch 1440p and it basically lined up okay, was a pain in the rear end to get working right thought.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Douchebag posted:

So I got the triples to work, after some tweaking of the ini files. They didn’t line up great but it still looked cool. My GPU can’t handle it though, it was running at almost 200F so I shut it down. I might just look into an ultra wide since that won’t require three renderings and destroy my PC and save me the money of buying a new video card.

We’re you running it in windowed mode stretched over the monitors? That’s how I did it, I’m pretty sure that was a single render since I was running a 970 at the time.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Reverb g2 is great and quite a few on the discord have them for iracing.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
There's got to be 5 or 6 people using the Reverb G2 in the discord group who all seem to love them, me included.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Absolutely get load cell brakes.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Codemasters is a very show up for work, do the bare minimum, and then call it a day developer. They are not going to see any of this or make necessary changes. They don't care.

Let's not suggest that the developers at Codemasters wanting to have a normal work-life balance has anything to do with whether the game has anti-cheat or not, tia.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Yeah the G2 has one cable to the headset, and it’s plenty long enough for any sitting application.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
From my experience fanatec ship a single order at a time and will not combine or separate them.

If you order with something out of stock, you aren’t getting any of it until it’s all in stock.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Sim Racing in VR is more painful on the legs than the eyes tbh.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
The solution is VR, who needs to move monitors when you just put on a fancy hat.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Hello fellows, getting back into iRacing after a couple of years off. Is the discord link in the OP still the correct one? Would quite like to get into some goonracing sometime.

It sure is.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Don’t really see the point, surely you want to encourage safer driving, not encourage unsafe driving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

squirrelzipper posted:

Goddam it. All roads really do lead to iRacing. Since I switched pretty exclusively to VR, ACC has been a bit of a hassle, so I've been doing my online racing in AC/LFM and AI racing in AMS2 (shout-out to thread recommendation).

Went to look for an online race tonight. Number of people racing in LFM at 6 PM PST (ACC & AC): 119. Number of people racing in iRacing (all series): 17,347. LFM really is only popular in EMEA these days it seems.

Yes, there's a difference, as that's all seasons, but I wanted to do either a GT or MX cup race. Fine. gently caress you. I'll try iRacing, lol. I'm gonna blame all of you if I spend my mortgage on pretend race cars and tracks.

One of us one of us.

Get in the discord and join us for Friday/Sunday races.