Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/speakerryan/status/704686780478390272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

In case anyone likes the sound of that but can't jump the WSJ paywall, it's mostly just a lot of the usual "Let Us Explain the Trump Phenomenon" — but the end of the article is the juicy stuff:

Gosh, it sure would be terrible wouldn't it :greencube:

EDIT: I especially love it because this, in addition to the NRO meltdown, shows how totally in denial the Respected Conservative Thinker class of the GOP always was about a large percentage of their constituency. I'm starting to realize a lot of the conservative intellectuals really couldn't hear the dog whistling all this time. Denial is a hell of a thing. (Although yes, quite a lot were just always being willfully obtuse or grinned and bore it for the sake of keeping the voter coalition together.)

Dog whistling hell, Buckley was aggressively on the side of Jim Crow with his article "Why the South Must Prevail" and Goldwater ran in reinstating it.

Reagan is the only one who dog whistled there and he kicked off his campaign where 3 civil rights workers were murdered railing against the federal intrusion that brought their killers to justice

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Huge_Midget posted:

At what point in time do the actual power players behind the GOP decide enough is enough and it's time to put Trump down? Can they no longer control the monster they created? Is a brokered convention their last hope to get rid of Trump and his insane hate-filled base?

This is why Trump requested Secret Service protection so early, he too has seen Bulworth.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

And yet your base protests using the Confederate Battle Flag of a traitor pro-slave government. :ironicat:

So for those of us in the Soviet wastelands of :canada: and Europe, have Hilldawg and Drumpf wrapped up Super Tuesday yet?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 1, 2016

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Voting isn't anywhere near done so no?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mister Macys posted:

And yet your base protests using the Confederate Battle Flag of a traitor pro-slave government. :ironicat:

So for those of us in the Soviet wastelands of :canada: and Europe, have Hilldawg and Drumpf wrapped up Super Tuesday yet?

Not until at least 9pm EST, so another 8 or so hours yet.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

People say how it sucks to live in DC. It occurs to me those people don't like politics.

As a wonk, I think I might have to move there one day.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Josh Lyman posted:

People say how it sucks to live in DC. It occurs to me those people don't like politics.

As a wonk, I think I might have to move there one day.

People hate living in DC because its incredibly expensive, without all the little perks of living in other expensive cities like NYC/SF.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TyrantWD posted:

People hate living in DC because its incredibly expensive, without all the little perks of living in other expensive cities like NYC/SF.

I've liked it the few times that I've visited. The limit on the height of buildings makes it less claustrophobic and more friendly neighborhood-y than some other cities.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Really good Jacobin essay on partisan realignment in the 20th century.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

silvergoose posted:

Voting isn't anywhere near done so no?

Don't take me too seriously, I'm almost always somewhat facetious. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess I should close this lol

• Locked thread