Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Nah, while theres some new stuff in CSGO we are all CS vets from way back 1.6 and previous. I watched some of the demos (before it stopped allowing me to view my matches at all for some reason) and they were pretty blatant, staring at the wall all the time hackers.

To be fair we are lower rank and dont exactly have a large sample size of games played yet, so maybe just bad luck.

This is just a stop off until The Division anyway, so it goes.

a) demos are broken for everyone atm
b) lmao the Division is garbage and so are you for wanting to play UBISOFT PRESENTS A TOM CLANCY MMORPG SHOOTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I just unlocked Overwatch (at 153 wins for those who care) and did my first case. How often do you get new ones if you're active and your judgments are sound?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Yea some people do like a dozen in a day on reddit ("Overwatch Sunday"), I was just curious if that's the norm.

*edit: what do you know, got another one an hour after the first. Guess that answers that question.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 29, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Huh, for me its always been between almost instantaneously and 2 minutes

Yea the next one came five minutes later so I guess the system just dumps them on you asap. Which is good, cheating sucks. The two I did so far were only a smurf and a griefer though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

symbolic posted:

Prepare for a lot more of those cases.

Yea I totally understand why. Griefing reports aside, it's really hard to tell whether someone's smurfing or cheating at some ranks and you have to decide whether to report them or not before you can watch the replay from their point of view. That's fine though, false reports serve as a control group for Overwatchers.

It's quite a disturbing view into what I assume are mostly Silver and Nova games though.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

qhat posted:

The only people you should be convicting are people who are rage hacking or who are literally staring at people's heads through walls

symbolic posted:

I sometimes convict people if they're severely griefing. Not like accidentally stabbing a teammate, but intentionally getting the bomb stuck, repeatedly jumping in front of a teammate AWPing, running into bomb sites as T with nothing but a knife, et. al.

Yea that's what I'm doing. The two griefers I had so far were stabbing/smoking their teammates on bombsites and going afk with the bomb. I don't convict someone of walling because he got lucky and his opponents are stupid, "beyond a reasonable doubt" and all that.

It's really funny to see what gets people reported though; I had one guy who probably wasn't even smurfing get a 4k and an ace back to back on Cobblestone. It was absolutely legit though, the other team just straight ran into him, didn't check corners and pushed smokes etc.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I just had my first genuine wallhacker, rather straight forward AWPing people through mid doors on Dust2 and poo poo. No doubt he was walling (in one round, he correctly predicted that the CTs would be boosting each other behind the doors and landed a headshot on the top guy without even seeing him! Such gamesense!) but the joke is that his team didn't even win the game; it ended 15-15. I was actively cheering for the CTs at the end because he was "only" walling without any aiming help (or being actually good at the game) so their strategy was basically to avoid him and kill him from behind later lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

lol that's it, Mouz is loving dead to me. How the gently caress do you lose a 4v2 and that many 2v1s in the same game, especially with Niko going absolutely ham? loving hell.

The fact that I had skins on them at 4:1 has nothing to do with this, I swear

*edit HOLY poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT THE hosed UP PLANT IN ROUND 29. YOU'RE PROS FOR gently caress'S SAKE

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 2, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Thanks for that insight, Twitch chat

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Jesus Christ VP

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Is the Lumi player with the red beanie Coldzera? I'm really bad with pro players and names for some reason

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Does Twitch keep buffering for everyone or just me? Switched from PS4 to PC and it stops every ~15 seconds on both.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

symbolic posted:

That's TACO.

Nah, he's the one with the blue beanie. Red one is fnx

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

$200 worth of keys

Well he at least tripled his money so it was obviously the right thing to do.

Also you must post a screenshot if you claim to have unboxed a knife, no exceptions.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Depths posted:

Also lol 144 is not a "good" framerate.

maybe you're just not a "good" player

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

Says it's on hold in the market until the 27th. I turned 5 bucks into hopefully $115!

Get a mobile auth you scrub, it takes like five minutes and you won't have to wait until kingdom come for your bike parts.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

only if they already have skin in the game :keke: :tbear:

are you having a stroke?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

The best part is that I still don't get what this "opposite effect" is supposed to be. :iiam:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Goofballs posted:

How does all this authentication poo poo work with the betting sites, don't they have like a billion bot accounts taking trades? Or does it not matter for that.

You can, *gasp*, write scripts for that. Almost as if they were fully automated entities of a sort.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Depths posted:

One esea cheater down...

lol good job pissing away ~$300

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Suran37 posted:

I was silver 4 and just top-fragged a match with all DMG and Double AKs. We lost 16-12 and i deranked. Great ELO system valve.

This post is a work of art, he even capitalized elo. Truly the Mona Lisa of shitposting :allears:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Demostrs posted:

i luv how whenever esea is mentioned on sa people come out of the woodworks to say "DAE think esea is hitler???????"

Yes, this is exactly what they say.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

This is a stupid question but you must use the new stickers to compete in the Pick'em, right? I never bothered with it up until now.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I bought a Logitech G502 to replace my old MX518 and it's very cool and good. Still fiddling with my sens but I'll probably land somewhere around 2.0@400

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

nftyw posted:

Oh wow :stare: This operation is being very nice to me.

Weekly operation drops across two accounts and the most expensive drop I got was worth 30 cents lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Demostrs posted:

its a dirty game KKona its a dirty world KKona i beat astralis like a pregnant girl KKona aint no tellin what i do for that paper KKona but when it comes to betting skins i've got a major

wtf is that $26 "coin" supposed to be

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Oh wow, I've never even seen that one. I know the "Headshot Guarantee" sticker is pretty expensive but $30 for that mess...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

You can't bet items above $75 value on CSGOlounge so most of the bettable knives are ugly garbage. At least the Asiimovs etc. look good

Stop begging for poverty knives lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

the $70 video game knife for poor people

Look man all I'm saying is that if you're willing to spend $75 on an ugly knife skin you might as well spend $120 on a good looking one. Plus you gotta think about resale value if you ever regret your retard decision of buying a knife. There's a reason people use all those BS Scorcheds as betting fodder.

I have yet to regret my retard decision of getting an MW Flip Knife Slaughter :shobon:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 24, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

My first comp after ~3 weeks and we end up 15-15 after being up 15-8. I dropped 28 kills but gently caress, this game is such a bitch sometimes. :smith:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mcvey posted:

You really gotta win those

Yea I went back and looked at the last rounds and even though we failed as a whole, I made some bad decisions which certainly didn't help. At least we had good vibes and I made some new friends. :unsmith:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I will never pay for matchmaking

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Demostrs posted:

bet on underdogs during t2 tournaments like cph games and u will have good bones and calcium

Yea this, also BO1s are a crap shoot and people love swarming to the favorite which makes the odds on the underdog almost always +EV. I didn't dare going in proper yet but I am at ~100€ Profit just from dropping 5€ on the underdog in BO1s a lot.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Demostrs posted:

also rest in piece envyus

If this leads to people betting on CLG on lounge lmao

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

chavs can't aim

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

it works in many ways, as long as each stream has a different twitch user logged in (incognito mode to make it easier)
i had my main on the pc and my alt on twitch for phone which got a cobble case

Well if you have two accounts, you might as well just use 2 twitch windows (one in an incognito window), which is what I am doing since I still had an old unused twitch account to link my smurf to. As far as using the same Steam account several times (ingame, twitch, MLG) goes, that doesn't add anything. Your SteamID is either eligible for a drop or it isn't, it can't be on the list more than once.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Demostrs posted:

alright guys, im going to be serious here for a sec. do you want to know how to make money betting on the major?

get paid pupper

I put a small bet on basically every underdog for day one and will do so for day two as well. I find that to be more fun that trying to get cents on the dollar for something like Lumi over Mouz (or Fnatic over Splyce at 0.06 for 1 lol)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

csgo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lovely 3d jump'n'runs shoddily cloned in csgo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

We should have a dedicated TVIV thread for the major

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

What the gently caress is a discord and why should I get on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ahahah that wall