Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jeza posted:

It's a funny old world when GTR and f0rest look clearly like the worst performers on NiP.

Well they're old as gently caress so I'm not surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Gtr has has a few godawful tournaments. I think he said his stomach disorder is getting worse all the time. Frankly I expect anyone who as played as many hours as him or nothing to have really bad results from time to time, especially with the massive amount of online leagues and tournaments these guys are required to attend.

Thankfully I believe tournament organizers have been better about this in the last few months. I still believe in gtr and forest, as an old man gamer

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im not gonna help recommend 1440p monitors as i play csgo at 640x480 stretched

foutre posted:

1440p + 144hz is a pretty substantial jump in price over 1080p afaik, and usually come in 27" rather than 24" versions - the latter size is generally preferred for CS, but 27" is nice to have just for life. This might have changed, but I think there's very few 1440p, 24" monitors for whatever reason.

the reason is that there isn't an appreciable difference between 1440p and 1080p until you're above 30 inches. Also try running your game in 2560x1440 or whatever stupid poo poo nvidia defaults to, everything looks really dumb and runs poorly

alienware has 240hz freesync and gsync versions on sale periodically. The gsync one ended up going as low as $375-400 at bestbuy only. I'm retarded for buying the freesync one at $330.

a lot of people are stuck on 24inch with CSGO because ASUS monitors are cheaper and come standard at 24.8inches for the most solid 144hz on the market. BENQ 27in 144hz monitors used to cost you 100 to 150 more. 27 inch monitors also suck pretty hard at BYOC LANs. If you like playing games at high refresh rates don't bother with an ips. if you like cool colors go ask SH/SC how to waste your life savings on a retina display 60hz monitor

stump collector fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 3, 2018

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the map seems really good after playing it twice. Is there any way to fix the massive frame drops when viewing the map from T spawn? It seems like I'm stuck at 130-150fps until I get closer to the sites, at which point I'm back around 200-300

stump collector
May 28, 2007

FMPONE posted:

Certain areas are more challenging to optimize, we've honestly pushed things so far, farther than I expected we could. However I'll still try to squeeze some more frames out of it.

Thank you, great feedback.

I agree model visibility may be one of the last potentially "serious" issues I see with the gameplay, we used to have the green CTs which had 0 visibility issues at all, but they're more dated looking. I may need to either brighten the map or sacrifice there for the visuals, don't have much of an appetite to create custom CTs as well...

Agree on all the gameplay stuff, will be interesting to see how stuff plays out in time. I would like to play with you guys! Maybe reach out on steam or twitter, would be fun.

It feels fine once you leave the "useless" areas of the map but I think thatll be a concern after your nap is in an operation. Casual 12v12 is all about spawn camping. However...nuke still runs kind of poorly in t spawn. Also cache gives me problems in t spawn.

On second thought if you don't find a solution for the fps issues maybe people will learn to leave t spawn, causing an entire generation of noobs to be slightly better

stump collector
May 28, 2007
That's a good monitor and 96 is a massive improvement over 60. I'd look for a used benq XL27 over the next few years. There's a good chance people will want to upgrade to 240hz monitors from Dell/alienware and benq and will start posting their old stuff.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

feelix posted:

Thanks, is there anything magical about any of the refresh rates? I see 96 thrown around a lot but I think that has to do with old cards not being able to go higher. I had artifacts appear somewhere between 100 and 110 so I just figured 96 is a good safe spot.

I think most PciE cards can push 120 to 144 if your monitor supports it. You must have a dvid or display port 1.4 or HDMI 2.1 cable for anything at 120hz and above I believe. Never hurts to google specific monitor and video card specifications as I may be wrong on some of the cable specifics.

Also, remember to manually set your refresh rate in some titles, like overwatch, as it will default to 60hz.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's colder

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Alternately. The ts are penguins and the cts are polar bears or sharks or whatever. Duh. Good map. Thank you son. So do.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

lol @ the coughing

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Body was not the problem

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

has he really been that bad? I feel like I've seen so many crazy highlights I imagine him as a good player.

I don't follow the french scene because tbh gently caress the childish french drama.

edit: :lol: he's .94 rated

yeah i thought the same thing and then i looked up his stats

although only kenny has a good rating on g2 so maybe losing all the time is Bad

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't agree with the change but they only won the final because of hero flusha

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Greatest Living Man posted:

just got teamed in mm with some "groyper" dudes who called me a cuck and a jew

"Well"come to csgo. Goondolences

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tenkaris posted:

HRTF is apparently on by default now and no longer directly mentioned on the options menu for audio. I’ve been playing with stereo but gonna give 5.1 surround a go now and see if I notice a difference

you can disable if you want to in advanced audio settings. i'd recommend it

stump collector
May 28, 2007
supposedly SK is going to do something insane with their current roster before the next major

lets get some guesses for how they're going to gently caress their team up!

-coldzera, fer
+fnx, lucas

who says no!

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Thom and the Heads posted:

rlewis is :qq: all over twitter because people don't like him or some poo poo

https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/976846981774610432

the man wrote for breitbart, has pictures of him hanging out with milo and is constantly getting in twitter fights. truly a tragic character

also he's literally a gamergater lmao

he's completely retarded online but does a good job with the hosting gig for eleague. thats all i got

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I knew the Navi and SK boot camp was going to make simple catch feelings

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I wonder if simple on liquid would've worked if they tried it this year. The players have significantly more time between tournaments and for the first time ever. It's healthy for the (e)sport and may foster an environment for more successful mix teams in coming years.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im forever cancelling as soon as this seasons over

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rest in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think he was over performing wildly "contract year performance" and actually not that sick