Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I see the best keyboard layout ever is still missing from the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I solo queue.

I should stop, it's the main reason I don't play comp more often.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Alighieri posted:

Turn all graphics settings to low/off and lowering the resolution should help a lot, a few updates ago they reset every ones graphics settings with a new auto detection setting because valve.

Also I am pretty happy with still being DMG after the changes a few months ago to rankings, games are a lot closer and have less wild swings in skill gap between players unless a rare smurf appears.

N64 mode for the win.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Alighieri posted:

I doubt comp servers will let it work since the textures look to be redone, likely its a mod or just a photoshop someone made.

Yeah no this kind of graphics fuckery is banned. It involves loving with the DX version and various drivers on your video card.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fennesz posted:

This thread boosted my FPS by a lot.

huh. I might try that. Although I do like N64 mode.

Also some people actually report performance improvement from using -lv in their launch commands.

-lv activates "low violence" mode for countries that mandate it. You no longer kill your enemies but instead your bullets bully them into throwing their hands up and then they collapse to the floor.

There might actually be something behind this since there's no longer blood splatter/spray and the dead bodies don't rag doll (the surrender animation is preprogramed so no calculations done). So there's less going on. :shrug: I guess.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Icept posted:

They're warming up the Source 2 update... it HAS to be that. I BELIEVE

I wish. Also I wish there were map tools akin to their Portal 2 custom map system.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

symbolic posted:

McSkillet made a video showcasing the likely maps for the next operation. It's based off the fact that several map creators were contacted by Valve and told to patch certain maps by the 9th. Those maps are:

Cruise
Santorini (Big surprise)
Empire
Coast
Tulip
Royal

Someone put them all in a collection if you want to check them out for yourself.

So CSGO's going on vacation it seems.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lol at breitbart trying to appeal to "the kids" with gamer news.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Suran37 posted:

So, with that new Vulkan graphics API being released today, could the lack of updates mean csgo is moving to source 2 "soon"™?

HAHA! No.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Jeza posted:

Please tell me that goonman map is not what nuke will look like, holy poo poo

Probably not. At best they took the over arching "suggestions" the map maker had, like "fix toxic" and "rafters are OP" and worked on those without using his "fixes" for those problems. Cause his fixes didn't actually fix anything.

Which I always thought was the point. I figured it was a troll map that broke Nuke in the other direction.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Removing the 5 second dash from both spawns is a nice touch, though.

Yeah, that's useful. The long spawn was clearly put in as an afterthought to slow the map down.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mcvey posted:

Please don't buy this poo poo

But it's like a guaranteed $14 profit.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mistermojo posted:

First game, got case. Love you Gaben

Made $10, free op + extra. Coulda had more but I went with the quick sell.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mukaikubo posted:

What should I do I was not really playing last time an operation dropped :v:

Uh, buy it if you want.

If you play halfway decently you'll finish the starter missions in one go and get a quick item.

If it's a case you'll can sell it right now for like $13, but that goes way down as time goes on.

Overall though you'll come out on top if you sell your drops then just buy what you like from the new stuff after. Other than awps and knives and such obviously.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fennesz posted:

As much as I disliked Bloodhound's maps I realized after it ended I missed doing dumb missions. It's also kind of interesting to look back and see how many aces/wins/whatever you had at the time.

And everyone gets a chance at that Medusa or Dragonlore! :v:

Yeah, not gonna lie, playing the missions was fun. and like 90% of the reason I played anything but gun game and goonmans. Also the extra xp is nice for leveling up the account rank thing.

Still so happy that I made back the cost of the operation plus some bonus within like 10 min of getting it. Still wish they didn't have the two mission a day limit.

Those blitz missions seem interesting. but I'm going to miss 1 or 2 every day they happen since they're at 10am, 3pm, and 8pm. Not sure who those times are good for really...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Did they move toxic to a different wall?

Oh buddy, oh man. I got some bad news for you.

Toxic is ded.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had no noticible FPS drops, just audio errors. GTX660....

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Dunno if you guys saw this: You can open and close the shutters on unbroken vents in the new nuke.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Also you can floor defuse again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDLz_1z_910

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Whats with all the high fps chat. My monitor is a 60hz monitor, so I run at 60hz. How is 80hz 'hell'? Does everyone in this thread have a 144444444444hz pro-l337-sk337 gam1ng PHAYTALETY monitor or something?

Same. But I want a 144hz monitor.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fennesz posted:

PSA: Don't do Blitz missions unless you like the map it's on currently. You get TEN xp for each round win. That's it.

Won't have time to play one till tonight. How many points do you need to complete the mission? Or is it all just bonus XP for playing on new maps?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Can't wait to play me some missions. Although technically I need to wait till 11pm to play new ones instead of them just resetting at a standard time every day.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fennesz posted:

I was hoping there'd be a mini blitz campaign or guaranteed drops for winners or something. It's fine for what it is but XP is beyond worthless.

I think it's a good way to include competitive in the mission mix. Also, I'm not sure that the blitz missions are only competitive.

Looking back at past operations, the complaints people had were usually taken care of in the next.

First people complained that comp missions required a WIN, which could take way too long.

Next Op had comp missions based around rounds instead of winning overall. Most of the other missions followed as well, dealing with things you could do in a match instead of just winning it. People still complained that the competitive missions sucked and were still hard to finish because people would just grief in comp. And people not playing the Op complained that comp was unplayable for similar reasons.

This Op? No competitive matches in the mission book, either story line. It's all casual game types. The Gemini story line is all guardian co-op as well. So now people doing the Op don't really have to worry about competitive missions (except for xp and playing the new maps) and people doing competitive don't have to worry about people in the Op loving up normal games (since they're only scheduled 3 times a day, and only once in the evening).

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/46giit/new_racist_map_of_valve_mikla/

Apparently Mikla is pissing off Turks in a whole lot of ways.

Some of it sounds like they were just making jokes using a bad translator. They're upset that 'gun fights are fun for whole family' is racist, but its probably just meant to be a fourth-wall joke about playing counter-strike. Some of the other stuff is a little worse I guess.

And of course reddit disregards it entirely because "I want to laugh at you".

quote:

Calm your tits man. This is about as racist as having a map that takes in America be filled with fastfood restaurants. If you are this sensitive, lock yourself up in a room for the rest of your life.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Smol posted:

Jesus loving christ people are cheating in valve deathmatch these days?

That's been a thing for awhile. And yeah, so sad.

It makes no sense either since they're always sooooo obvious about it.

Hell, half the time their name is [ZxxxxBonerFAGfuckerxxxxZ](SELLING HACKS NO DETECT SEND VALVE PASS FOR FREE TRIAL)

They must make enough money reselling other peoples hacks that they can just keep buying new accounts.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

sleppy posted:

It's still giving NV betters their wins. I can't believe there is such little oversight on such a simple thing.

You make it sound like csgolounge cares beyond getting free money off of idiot kids.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Define well.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Do goons ever group up for matchmaking? It'd be nice to play with non-asshats, for once.

I'd be down for this. I was slowly scrapping my way out of silver fright before the reset. Now I'm back to silver 2 cause I have like 30 comp wins. Because solo queuing is bullshit.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

symbolic posted:

XC is ShittyPostmakerPro IIRC.

That's XP.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Never queuing competitive without a 5 stack ever again.

Ran into 3 tweens who decided from round 1 they were going to ruin me and buds game.

They spent 26 rounds griefing us, jumping in front of shots, and body blocking to try and throw the game. Me and my friend still managed to go 12-3 first half T, but that was a mistake because CT side they just completely shut anything we could do down.

They finally got enough team damage off of my buddy with 2 rounds left, he got kicked, then they vote kicked me.

Never again.

Which means I'll never be able to play competitive because I'm stuck at silver 2 because of this.

I'm actually angry about this and that's the worst part.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

qhat posted:

however, here's the kicker: those people exist uniformly in every rank in the game.

More than anything that's my point. I don't really care about my rank, but I'm not going to waste my time and the frustration of dealing with people like that on my own team.

Hell I'd take 4 Mr. Pinks because he doesn't try to get you kicked from the game and try to vote kick you every round. Dealing with the odd greifer is not worth having the little digital bar fill up a tic or two so that it displays a different set of colors after enough tics happen.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

sterster posted:

Report them and try to queue up with awesome people like me and other goons who MM. steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

Yeah. Had one buddy, that's why they started to try and get tk damage so one of us would get kicked for too much then they could just vote kick the other.

But after 20 rounds of wasting out time. And a lovely 30 min cooldown for the trouble.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Why didn't you start a votekick on your buddy after 2 rounds of this poo poo, it's obvious that's what they wanted. Report them, kick him, have them kick you, find a better game.

Because we were still managing to win 12-3 at the half despite them griefing us. If figured we could get 4 freaking wins on CT side.

But yeah after like the 2nd round CT we should have just bailed.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I think someone's stolen my skills from me and I've gone from doing pretty well to being the worst player known to the game.

Much like the plot of Space Jam.

Hmmmm so the spell did work.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

exethan posted:

they're making a shitload of money on CSGO and they've been under pressure to increase the prize pool for a long time

Yeah you can't put on a huge party every year for DOTA and leave CS:GO in the hands of a bunch of random Europeans and their lackluster ideas about what constitutes a prize.

Of course we could be TF2. If CS:GO is the redheaded step child, TF2 is literal Harry Potter but without the magic or escaping horrible child abuse.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Again. We could be TF2.

Or even worse: Alien Swarm.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So why do they congregate in games like CoD or CSGO now? I don't remember kids being this salty back when I played UT2k4 and the like.

90% of the time I think it's them trying to mimic whatever streamer/youtuber they religiously watch in place of having real friends. They watch these toxic loving dude bros and see them deagle hopping around throwing insults and just being obnoxious and assume that's how you should act.

"OMG I JUST SAY xxXXXSWiGGLeJiGGLeMoMFuCKeRXXXxx run around in CSGO for 4 hours doing nothing but screaming NIGGERFAGGOT without breathing and people got so MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. I'm going to sign up for twitch and do exactly that and then I'll be popular too!"

Sometimes I think the internet was a huge mistake and should have remained something that the government and universities used to send files around.

Elman posted:

Wish Valve would raise the minimum rank for competitive to like 10 or so. As it is the limit is kind of a joke.

Nah, literal age gating. You have to supply proof that you're over 18 to Valve in order to play anything other than the 5 childrens games on Steam. With a report option for "is not 18" for any and all online games. You get banned if it gets verified.

At the very least it'll slowly put a chilling effect on 12 year old attempting to break glass with their voices for 20min straight while in a match.

Crain fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 25, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

Nah, what you do is pop up a prompt at first log in that requests that you shout "friend of the family human being" into the microphone. Anyone who hits cancel on the prompt is allowed to play as normal, and anyone who goes through with it gets put into a special queue for only them. removed from the genepool at their parents expense

Just a slight fix.

I'm not a bitter old man, why do you ask?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

I never got into Source other then stupid gungames for this reason

99% of my time on CS:S was spent on surf maps and ZMod maps. I don't think I ever even played a 5v5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

LoL is RLewis a salty motherfucker over that Dota poo poo.

Maybe he can read the writing on the wall that Gaben might tell him to gently caress off too.