Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Whenever somebody accuses somebody else of wallhacking in casual or deathmatch, I always say "lol, nobody at this skill level is bothering with hacks"

I think it's funny that the most blatant hacking happens in Valve DM or Casual. Which makes no goddamn sense at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Mag7, hold A site connector. Fast rotates through mid>b and if they take A site you can usually go back mid to CT and push library to site.

aborn posted:

Cool! Is this new? I don't report that many people, but I've never seen this in a million hours in this game.

e: I guess it's been in since Bloodhound at least :downs:

I used to get five or six of these a week. Literally zero since I stopped queuing dust2 :lol:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

Yea I never queue Dust2 either. This was the first time I saw an extremely blatant hacker in like half a year and I am fairly certain avoiding Dust2 has helped with that.

Kind of a shame. I think dust2 is pretty good. But I only really miss rushing mid with $500 in a p250 and a flash and getting a discounted AWP :getin:

Thankfully most of these operation maps are fun as hell. Oddly enough I think nuke is far and away my least favorite bomb map.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smol posted:

Pretty amazing that FalleN can just bring his farm team to NA and they're instantly better than the NA teams (save maybe for Liquid).

I saw the rare Good Post on reddit a few days ago that kind of addressed this. Dude's really, really low tier clan played LG. Most teams would have just pugged and hosed around but LG ran strats, didn't chase kills and generally played like they would any top tier team. It makes sense that LG generally always performs well on LAN because they actually practice for it. They have a ton of in-game experience in legitimate competitive play.

I think a lot of the failures in NA have to do with what you see in FPL. People just messing around, rarely concerned with strats other than default > pick > push and doing stupid poo poo like chasing kills and not really showing any restraint when they have the advantage. It's pretty clear that C9 is completely lost and they don't really have any cohesion, and I'd wager that they rarely play together like they would in a LAN environment.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Maguro posted:

I added you too.

I was gn3 before the derank fest, after my first loss it brought me down to gn2. Now my rank has gone inactive for the last month and a half since I've only been playing community comp. When I do finally play MM again it will probably put me at silver 2 or some poo poo.

Just go with the flow. If it does tank your rank just MP9/Mac10 every game and dominate. As I've started to care less in the newer maps I've taken to dropping rifles to teammates and keeping Mac10/MP9 for myself. I'm surprisingly holding my own with this too.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Has anyone used http://simpleradar.com/ for any extended period of time? I remember reading about people doing basic texture switching back in the day and getting banned because of it. Hesitant about using it if Valve decides it's a problem. Call me paranoid.

symbolic posted:

Probably should do that myself, because I've come to the conclusion I'm the worst aimer in the world after playing for almost 1.2K hours.

Are you running a lovely system like mine?

At this point I know I'll never be able to AWP mid with 110 ping and 55 frames. Ok, sure, it's usually not that bad. But I'm 90+ ping at most times and on some of the newer maps I'm occasionally under 70 frames. I'm usually somewhere approaching passable with rifles but I've found I'm typically able to predict where people will be and I keep finding I'm much better with SMGs simply because movement isn't so dependent on ping/frames. Same thing with holding sites. Change up where you're playing, don't be afraid to push if you hear that AWP reloading on the other side of that smoke, etc. I've also gotten pretty good at pop flashing (either holding a close corner and dropping it or bouncing it off the ground once at a sprint) which completely nullifies the fact I'm slower than the other guy - he's totally blind.

TLDR: try playing to your strengths if aiming isn't one of them.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 23, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

I think a lot while playing, even in casual. Nade usage, checking corners, post-plant situations, etc. I'm essentially an adreN.

This is going to sound dumb but try muting your entire team sometime. Just see what happens. If I hear a lot of retarded bullshit in the first round or two, I mute my whole team, only comms when I die (p sure teammates can still hear you if you can't hear them - not sure tho) and just play. I typically see higher killcounts than I normally would otherwise.

And a somewhat related question. If you're rocking an AK/M4 in Valve DM. How many kills do you usually post?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

35ish? Somewhere around there.

That seems about right. It sounds like clicking heads isn't quite second nature yet for some reason. I bet purely focusing on that would help.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

What's going to happen to Mongolz spot in the major? Is the runner up just going to get in?

Pretty disappointing. The few matches I saw them play were entertaining as hell.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Awesome Welles posted:

New nuke is interesting, I actually had fun playing that dumb map with all of its changes.

The other maps though? :negative:

I think Santorini's mid needs a lot of work but overall it's pretty good. Same thing with Royal. Coast and Nuke feel really busy with the former having so many goddamn angles to clear.

Mikla would be fun as well if the van was just parked further up mid. I guess overall I'm enjoying this operation far more than most.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

I love inferno and it's probably my favorite map, but it has a lot of the same problems dd2 has in that most matches play out the same and could probably stand to be changed a bit, especially super chokepoints like banana

If the crate at the end of banana was removed the map would be so much more interesting.

That said Nuke still completely sucks and if anything should replace a map it should be Royal :getin:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

I had $5 on VP and I am very happy with this result.

I'm glad that was the one game I actually watched today.

\/ All of those teams except Faze and maybe Navi have been playing better than 'normal' though. No shame in losing to good teams. Not like they're loving C9 or something :allears:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 23, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Holding sites because the other team is throwing doesn't count as "playing like poo poo" :shrug:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

Too bad I am an Amerifat, destined to be a toxic ESEA player for my life.

I TK'd a dude throwing on my team earlier for his AWP. I proceeded to get a 3k with no armor to win the round.

:colbert: No Shame.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Just played in three games in a row with a guy on my team throwing. I guess I just shouldn't queue for non-operation maps.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Jeza posted:

Got the anime AUG dropped during a game, FT, worth like $100 lmao

I'd absolutely love to use that skin if it wasn't so goddamn expensive. It'd even making using the AUG worth it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

God drat it, gently caress these stupid rear end teenagers who think it's cool and edgy to alternate between shouting racial and homophobic slurs and literal screaming. :argh:

Where are their parents and why are they failing at raising children so badly?

Mom drank while pregnant. Just block comms and move on.

Thus far I haven't been matched with anyone I've blocked so I'm quite sure you're prevented from getting matched again at least.

\/ I love this :allears:

fennesz fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 25, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

By blocking, do you mean block comms or blocking their Steam profile? I think I've had to either vote kick or block somebody in at least half of my competitive games because someone is griefing, throwing, or being obnoxious.

It's the same thing. Blocking someone in-game blocks their steam profile.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

No, it doesn't.

I remember checking a steam profile after blocking a guy in-game and having his profile blocked as well. Huh, guess I'm remembering wrong.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Crain posted:

99% of my time on CS:S was spent on surf maps and ZMod maps. I don't think I ever even played a 5v5.

Same. Though I mostly played on an Office 24/7 server using a TMP or P90 exclusively.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

TMP was the loving poo poo.

I've been slowly biding my time for the MP9 to get a silencer. I already buy it when the enemy may or may not be on an eco. I actually nearly picked up an ace with it earlier but the last guy was smart enough to tec9+head armor :(

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

real dilemma posted:

I find it endlessly amusing that adren is awping and s1mple is rifling

Simple is better than adren with a rifle, pretty much as simple (heh) as that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Where are you guys betting on these games? I want to clear out my inventory and just bet all of my cases and 3 cent skins on like a 10:1.

dex_sda posted:

loving lol, s1mple and adren are the only reason this wasn't a bloodbath. A sentence never before written.

Good. I think nitro will get more comfortable with IGL but I'm happy to see adren playing well his last time with the team.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Are there any betting sites that don't require mobile authenticator? I don't use it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Demostrs posted:

nogo on the logo partner

Dumb. How am I supposed to afford a smart phone if I can't bet? :downs:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I do like the complete contempt most of the other casters have for him. I guess that's something.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Who listens to thorin speak and then thinks "we need to give him money"

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

e: watching the CLG/Splyce game now. Haha I love how loving pumped Splyce is. I really miss that poo poo.

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm trying to remember who it was, but some recent esports thing I was watching the guy wouldn't shut up about his gunnars.

Like drat dude how much did they pay you?

Is this it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCDoANDkl4

I honestly didn't even know C9 was still playing. I thought they just dropped out.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 27, 2016

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

After two years of getting nothing but 5-20 cent shitters, seeing someone get a $100 drop randomly made me a bit jealous, sue me

I watched someone get a Medusa last operation. I couldn't even be mad.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Phosphene posted:

Tarik is 19-2. Nice to see him finally show up

And then JDM essentially kills two with a glock and no armor :lol:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Buller posted:

Come on Denmark!

edit: nooo

I think you posted that right as they gave up 15.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goofballs posted:

Oh well on the plus side Thorin was wrong again

Thanks for the silver lining. I was really hoping C9 would get shitstomped just so they dump loving everyone and learn that spending money and buying out players is a good thing.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Symbolic: please do video. We could use a 1 guy 1 cup :allears:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Happy to see Liquid step it up on Cache. Felt like everyone but simple had multiple huge impact plays. Which is actually great. They don't need to rely on Hiko/Simple if everyone else is playing well.

symbolic posted:

Yeah, I misplaced my faith in NA CS. Also, seeing as how they did beat CLG, I should have not ruled them completely out against Vexed, especially seeing as how they had a stand-in.

So. When do we get the video?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't think you get the joke

I think you both get the joke, actually.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

gigawhite posted:

I still don't understand why Adren is the main awper on liquid over Simple. Is it just because he's useless with basically every other gun?

Simple can rifle Adren kinda can't.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goddamn Simple :3:

\/ I think he was talking about how hard he had worked to get here. Not sure though.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I accidentally left Nuke in my queue. I got sick of dealing with poo poo FPS so after one of my dumb teammates called me out again for making a "bad" call I killed him. Twice. So I'd get kicked.

I don't feel bad. gently caress you stupid dummy idiot.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

but was your call, in fact, bad?

Nope. The time he freaked out I saw a guy run into smoke and called it. The smoke was near a drop, dude jumps out of smoke on the other side, runs around and kills the guy.

"Uhh, yeah, he sure was in smoke :downs:"

e: Derp.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Goddamn Tarik keeps bailing out his team for loving up positioning or losing aim duels.