Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
FaceIT griefer free?

No. But if you're in NA it's OK. In the EU I found it worse than MM by quite a stretch. Never seen so many games actively thrown. Premium queue a little better, but you have to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

You can play this game forever and still be garbage with grenades, like me. It's ok to be a fail nader.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQtMGSF3XqQ

Didn't see it posted, crazy sick RpK ace.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Please tell me that goonman map is not what nuke will look like, holy poo poo

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

A single player doesn't carry a game. You couldn't pick many pro players out of a lot of regular decent players. Honestly most of CS is pretty ugly kill and get killed, even for pro players. I've played with and against plenty in my time and if most of them were under fake names I would not have pegged them as pro.

Shouldn't be too fooled though. A pro player running hot is usually a tonne better than most GE's will ever be, and their level of team comms and overall game sense is usually leagues ahead. A lot of that is only relevant in a team environment, however.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bleh this poo poo always happens. Updates in the middle of the night, I don't play until after work next day when a new case is worth roughly one pittance so I don't ever get to price-gouge nerds. They should release it for EU peak time, the region that is good at CS

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

symbolic posted:

Another Swedish PUG team is making waves, this time it's TzatzikiKlubben. They destroyed LGB.fe 16-2 (supposedly the best female team in the world) and just took a map off Games4U, a team with pretty experienced players such as BENDJI, slap, and t3h f4rm3r. The future of CS is PUG teams.

Except in NA. We're already there.

Doesn't mean anything really, and it was a different Swedish team that rolled LGB.fe. Nordic Masters is just a bunch of Swedish mix teams beating each other, none of them are even really Tier 2.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

im the uk player who mouths off all game in mm, come at me m8s

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Depths posted:

Build a wall around the Uk to keep the slime from pouring out

ill av a bit of ya, u scandi ponce

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Got the anime AUG dropped during a game, FT, worth like $100 lmao

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Overall they didn't deserve to win though to be honest. They will probably go out vs Tempo Storm as well. I don't really want a team like F3 at the majors because they just play extremely unflashy, drilled and disciplined CS with sub-par players and can almost never beat top tier teams. At least G2 and TS are teams that can upset the best.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Sucks to see the games go the way I wanted to bet, but they all got deleted on CSGL for some reason

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I found out all my bets wouldn't go through because my account is "Escrow Blocked" and I need Steam Mobile Authentication. Why is life so hard?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Top MM ranks aren't as bad as they were once, but it's still bad. I play with 5 usually and there's an obvious cheater on the other team every 2 or 3 games. One nice thing about Overwatch though is that the hacks are always the same pretty much these days, wallhacks and simple aim-assists. Never spinbots and poo poo like there used to be. Usually the people playing with these things are trash and it doesn't even mean an instant loss.

I think we played maybe 30 games or something over the last month and we won like 26 or 27 even with that many cheaters. One game we played was a tie on inferno and three of their team were just wallhacking the entire time. Blows my mind that people can not win when they can literally see through walls.

Had one game recently where the other team were 4+1 I guess, and two of them were like 30+ frags and the rest under 10. Then one of their top fraggers at like, 11-11, just declared that the other guy on his team was aimbotting and said he wouldn't help a hacker win, so they kicked him. And then we won like every round after that because it turned out they pretty much needed that legit guy to stand a chance. Felt bad for that guy though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Perfect no-scope through the wall, FalleN aimlock malfunction, casters in on it and covering up!!1

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Casters often just use a phrase over and over. Once you say something once it comes to mind quicker when you're under pressure to speak on the spur of the moment I guess. I remember one tournament where Semmler said "get out of dodge" like 8 times, then other casters started saying it. It was weird.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

That throw by Na'Vi on 2nd round, almost unbelievably bad.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

that's just embarassing, instead you should get this ugly as gently caress overpriced designer jacket where you have to prove you're a global elite to put in an order

http://www.drkn.com/product/all/jackets/elite-bomber/

That costs 239 Euros, which for our American viewers is roughly $8,000

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

goldblums eyes posted:

It says 215USD for me lol

*sweats nervously*

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

me, in hell, listening to this caster say nartua vinseer over and over

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

oh poo poo history

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

sick af

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

One of the best games I've ever seen to be honest, although Na'Vi fumbled it in regular time. In OT LG looked stronger, but those boosts :drat:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The gently caress was that read from Fallen in library lmao? Looked so weird.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

If LG do well, like take 2 maps or the whole thing, I think I'm going to win a loving ugly hoodie on ESL Fantasy. Currently like 20th out of 5000+ people, and pretty much everybody above me put like the entire of fnatic as their picks for the final day.

and i want my loving ugly hoodie

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

exethan posted:

if only they didn't donate fnatic loving ak's on round two lmao

it's like those fuckers didnt even read my buy guide in the op?? wtf

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

gonna be 3-0 fnatic :cry:

Probably. At least inferno is a good map for LG, and if they somehow get through that, so is cbble.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Not sure about peeking boiler on like 15 health on that 1v1.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Literally no-one in this thread is a good cs player, so i dunno where you're going with that

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I... I don't know what you're going for here.

Irony probably.

Doesn't matter though because it isn't really a valid comparison.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

symbolic posted:

It's entirely possible. I've watched a few of the accusational demos and they are a bit fishy.

And yes, pros have been caught before. See: KQLY (Team LDLC, Titan), Sf (Clan-Mystik, Epsilon), emilio (Absolute Legends, Property), Nille (Western Wolves, Copenhagen Wolves), smn (Team ALTERNATE), and cLy (mousesports, Planetkey Dynamics). It's not impossible.

e: Yo, this is really neato cheeto.

https://twitter.com/MLG/status/709785740658343938

Yeah it's nothing new that pros cheat online sometimes, but so far no evidence of cheats on LAN.

Also there have been a bunch of Allstar NA vs EU matches already, dunno why they are calling this the first.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

qhat posted:

Saw this poo poo a few weeks ago, guy was blatently hacking before the ingame ban but really wanted everyone to believe he wasn't and was even calling our team hackers.

People who call hacks on you are about 500% more likely to be hacking themselves than your average player, in my experience.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

I've only ever played 2 games where someone was blatantly hacking, once on my side and once on the other. Both just walls and pretty obvious stuff with wallbangs and kills through smoke and prefiring weird corners you are and nowhere else.

The most amazing part of people hacking in CS is that a lot of people are just so bad that you don't even notice. Last year when I played MM more regularly, I tracked around 40 people on that website who I thought were suspicious and eventually like 30+ got VAC or OW ban. But there were many many more who ended up getting banned who I didn't even notice because they got like 10 kills total. I played one game of MM the other day and some Romanian dude with like 1000 hours just toggled on WH on my team but he was pure garbage and the other team didn't even realise.

e: speak of the devil I looked him up and he got an OW ban. The system works!11!

Jeza fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 17, 2016

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

gigawhite posted:

Should I just be cranking my deathadder up to max DPI or will that cause issues? I just got mine yesterday and at 3500 DPI I had to lower my in game sens to like .3 to feel comparable to my original lovely mouse at 2.0.

There's no need. Doesn't confer an advantage. Most pros still play on 400 or 800 dpi, so just use whatever works for you.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

lonter posted:

Isnt there a trick or something that shaves off milliseconds befote/after throwing a nade, allowing you to like throw two flashes faster than normal?

bind "key" "use weapon_knife; use weapon_flashbang"

Pressed twice in quick succession allows you to throw two flashes quicker than doing it normally.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The only way I would accept FF being on with Faceit or ESEA would be if it had a hard limit that kicked and banned people who team attacked. Both sites are like, super permissive of griefing. There's really no punishment for it, outside an admin handed down ban or negative karma. And you can continue to play even with negative karma, which is pretty hard to actually achieve without being literally hitler.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Played in a cup with a couple old mates and two DMG level players yesterday and beat a team who I just found out came 7/8th (and came very close to going to semis) of the biggest UK national LAN on that very day. And that's all you need to know about UK CS.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

qhat posted:

Why is UK CS so bad? Are there just hardly any good LANs? I'm in the UK but never really cared about any of that stuff.

UK actually has/had a pretty healthy domestic LAN situation, and lots of orgs are situated in the UK or are from the UK in the first place. The UK is just a lot like a more toxic USA, with worse grassroots and less people from which a good team might spring out.

There's a big cultural stigma here, like in the US, that trying hard at videogames is nerdy af. It's not like there aren't talented UK players, but you'll almost never get 5 non-retarded Brits in one team that stays and practices together. The difference between a really good bunch of players and a really good team is just all the lame poo poo like practice, learning hundreds of smokes and flashes, and general restraint/teamwork.

There are good players here though. Almost every month, UK players are at the top of the EU ESEA pugging stats: https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats

The difference is that five Swedish people will come together and play two hours of DM per night, then do five hours of dry run strats and games. And that's not seen as abnormal. I once did the maths on what proportion of men between 15-24 play CS:GO in Sweden and the number is around 20-30%. The culture around games is just different. I've played with people from a lot of different EU countries, and maybe the only one that is like the UK is the Netherlands, in terms of really not giving a poo poo.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

just tune in to watch some cool clutching, casters apparently dont actually know if you die after time you get no money. how dont they know that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

qhat posted:

Since when is cobble CT sided

just reverting to how it always used to be