Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Crimson posted:

Why do I solo queue? God drat it's painful. Just had a match where I think all of the other 4 queued together. They generally played like idiots and threw flashes and smokes directly at me. I've had leavers several times this week, including one who was pissed for some unknown reason as we were winning, which cost us the match. Where can I play when the goonman is empty? Is FACEIT generally a griefer free way to play?

I've soloqued a bunch and there is no rank at which you won't get teamed with the loving dregs of the internet. You basically have 2 options when it happens, well 3 but 3 is something you might want to do anyway. 1 you go hyperaggressive to put the number of live players in your team's favor or 2 you lurk and stay the gently caress away from the retards. 3 is you open the console, type "voice_enable 0" and hit enter because its simply not worth hearing from the scum ever.

The best option is to be a very encouraging and positive person (especially when its going poorly) when you get people capable of emotions other than frustration. Even when they gently caress up because everyone fucks up. Then you add the people who reciprocate and invite them to lobbies. They won't remember you or accept an invite very often if you take like a 3 month break from the game but if you stick around its the best way of getting a few people together who probably won't act like children if things go wrong. Don't add literal children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Looked at twitch, c9 down 7-2 to some team i never heard of called optik gaming while playing ct side of inferno. Yeah I'd like to seem them defend against envyus.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I remember shazam from when he was on c9 at some major I think and he awped his own teammate after being warned that he would be crossing his angle.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Just watched the most charming overwatch, probably a silver level game.The suspect was blatantly walling but he was silver so a lot of the time he couldn't really make use of the information he had. Like if he knew a guy was in checkers he would still go around the corner like a car or he'd be tracking someone badly through cover who would then eventually pop out and land shots on him. He had good k/d obviously because most of the other players were natural silver but all the same it was kind of amusing.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well nuke looks prettier to be sure but you can really tell that the people making the maps could not give a poo poo how they run on any computer but their own. Or maybe I'm being ott and the blame is with some gently caress up with the engine itself or some other technical jibber jabber and its not their fault. Either isn't my concern, seeing 100 fps is.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I didn't even spend the money and I'm moaning, I must be turning russian

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Elman posted:

I know CS players are super serious about their 240hz screens and all but it's funny seeing people complain about only getting 100 FPS in a videogame.

Its silly but you actually can feel the difference

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Don't they all live in some nerd clubhouse together or something so he could have just sat down at the computer that was on, not defending him or anything because the situation is entirely hilarious

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I saw it on reddit but without a comedy outcome like a bullying seminar I'd have been embarrassed to mention it

Also saw this

New nuke

Old Nuke

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Hope the pcs are up to it then, I play high res with a lot of things turned up so I could mitigate the drops more if I wanted but I will laugh if the pros are on average pcs and get comedy stutters

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Just watched some random spanish team make fnatic sweat a little on inferno, was good. Anyone catch how you can jump up on the pillar at porch and shoot under the roof to mid. The angle was monstrous I hadn't seen it before.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I saw a guy spinbotting in ffa the other day, it was literally a why are you even here moment for me. Because it was ffa it was considered more of a novelty than a hindrance anyway. You know like as much as those people talk anyway.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 19, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Reminds me of the time I faced a spin botting hacker. I 16-0d them by myself.

I never said people did well against him, it was just interesting to some people if they could get him while he was getting someone else. FFA as you should obviously know is constant death anyway so no one is ever wound up about any fail.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

aborn posted:

Cool! Is this new? I don't report that many people, but I've never seen this in a million hours in this game.

e: I guess it's been in since Bloodhound at least :downs:

Its been a while, it even gives you xp

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Dignitas stopping fnatic from getting a single plant on cobble at matchpoint is pretty good

and as i type that they get one

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The next vacwave can't come soon enough. Like half my recent games have had people with 100% headshot kills who see people through walls. I do check the demos, some of the time they're on my team and some they're not. I do have a cursory look after if the other pubs complain loud enough about someone on our team.

Maybe I'd mind less if they threw less lovely nades. If you're going to download and possibly pay for some cheat how much more loving effort is it to learn basic smokes. Like if you are cheating and you want to play b site cache how can you not look up a smoke that doesn't help the ts into checkers. On one level you can just headshot them in the smoke as they cross your awful main smoke but the 20 hours played account is going into the shitter when the overwatch people see you doing that.

Sorry about the despair posting I'm just praying for the vac update

edit: that gif looks alright, heres a real lovely ace from earlier in the week but it turned the game around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCiSk4Smj4

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 21, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm just going on the silly poo poo I see in games, I played like 3 games with your norway friends like 2 weeks ago and out of those 3 there was one guy blatant cheating on d2 (we should have won but nothing to be done if a motherfucker decides he's going to awp you through smokes and doors), we lost some other map fair and square and won on overpass. So that's not half but I'm not being like statistically accurate, just venting.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 21, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I always thought the point was if you can carry these turds to victory you deserve a rank up.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

A flying knife from jw in the match that was on earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16E_RLRhRo&feature=youtu.be

I'll be seeing pubbies trying to this for weeks now

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Matchmaking would be fine for me but I get a lot of matches with super shady people, that's not matchmakings fault its just vac not doing its job. The smurf situation is a million times better than what it was before the experience point system. It still happens but its a long way from every loving game.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I kind of hope that they decide to work on overpass more, it has a cool aesthetic but its so very ct-sided still. I just prefer playing as to to ct. But if they went by saving aesthetics that I think are cool they would have done something/anything with aztec a long time ago and cobble would have never made it to the game. Also Season would be in the main map pool

I can see why they would swap out inferno though just because the banana dynamic is stagnant as hell and its also ct-sided but I actually like playing it a lot because the badge and eaglemen don't throw 4-5 smokes into banana every round so its never as tedious as some pro-games can be.

Dust 2 will never die though. Never ever. For like probably half the playerbase that map is csgo.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 23, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What happened to vp anyway, they from red hot and then just dropped off the face of the planet

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I like the french b team, I dunno why. They choke hard and like half of them are retarded compared to top teams

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

MrSmokes posted:

thorin being popular and managing to get analysis spots at LANs is still the most baffling esports thing. He's a stupid jerkoff

e-sports are a total ghetto and he can talk fluently and off the cuff for as long as you want him to which is probably a big deal when you have a lot of delays. I don't like him either. I'd be more worried about Richard Lewis punching someone on screen or dropping a racial slur

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

How hard are c9 about to bomb?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Oh well on the plus side Thorin was wrong again

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Do you not appreciate uncomfortable prison rape joke after prison rape joke?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Crain posted:

LoL is RLewis a salty motherfucker over that Dota poo poo.

Maybe he can read the writing on the wall that Gaben might tell him to gently caress off too.

I watched part of one his uncensored or whatever its called with thorin and some other guy and salty is mild, everyone else in the world is a manipulative, greedy, dishonest retard sjw who are just so mad that he wrecks them with his journalism. It was like a 15 minute rant

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If anyone was still watching the qualifiers that was a hell of a comeback for liquid, I figured they would go tilt but they didn't and got the game back from 13-7 or something like that.

And Adren gets his stickers, s1mple punching the desk was pretty funny too

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Did he just say he was crying because he thought he was going to lose to hellraisers and theyre so bad

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

how many maps deep are they?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Renegades org must be totally mad to do that, I heard that vegas hotels are cheaper because they want you to gamble but still, why not rent a house

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Who picked the map?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

starting ctside, this could be interesting is renagades dont gently caress it up

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

There are unlucky periods I find, like two or three weeks ago was totally insufferable because so many games had a guy who knew everything because he could see it through the walls but the last week or so I didn't see any cheating, some smurfing but nothing absurd. I don't think the overall percentage of cheaters changed, just my luckiness or lack of luck avoiding them.

It is worse than it was though I think.

I'm looking forward a little to the division too. If they find some way to deal with the basic issue apb had of cornerhumping+third person+burst damage leading to super passivity at any decent level of play it could be fun.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

CTs can fight dragons and zombies now, when will the game give Ts a break

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvhbwV8IeU

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634737301

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Xenaero posted:

I successfully deranked to mge and then a loss put me back at dmg MFUC'R

The elo is so confusing. I thought wins were + and losses were - no matter what you did but if you ranked on a loss? Maybe someone in a prior game got banned.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

So did nip look like they could be decent again or was it a total poo poo show?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

vp remembering they like and are good at cs is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

envy throwing so hard