Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Not really sure where the issues come from, i5 6600k, 970 and 16 gigs of ram. pc gaming! I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

stump collector posted:

i blasted away about 50 windows 10 services and programs running in the background. then i unsubscribed from all my workshop maps because supposedly the scripts in those can make your game run slower in general. i think my fps is up around 15% but it is still worse than before the new hitboxes/htrf stuff came out.

i wish they' come out with an optimization update for this game so loving bad

Its specifically the hrtf for me. Without it I'm 250-300 fps because I leave the normal cap on and that's with all manner of bullshit in the background. I don't even have the overclocking on. That'll be to make the hardware last a bit longer. But hrtf and it will be about 200 fps which would be lovely fine but with sudden shuddering framedrops. I never noticed a hitbox effect.

The only other time i had an issue it was some weird esea bug where it would lock to 30 fps unless I tabbed in and out.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

potentially or some heckler was using my pc to ddos

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It needed loving with. The pro meta was boring as gently caress to watch. We get short control at 1:10 and then guess whether they went 21,2 or 1,1,3 or rough long takes. In actual practice it was the map of every tedious autistic oval office and it was a mistake to queue if a random could join ever.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

At least cs doesn't as far as we know have those parents who kill their kids through neglect because they're too plugged in like the mmos do.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Just tuned in. NiP making GBS threads the bed now. Have to wonder if another swedish shuffle is coming and if nip will join in beyond booting the awper. If they dropped xist and friberg for flusha and dennis and then pyth for lekro/twist whichever did better at the the major. Not sure jw or olof are worth bringing anywhere right now.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

a bunch of close rounds. Buying up as ct is expensive as gently caress with m4s, molotovs costing more and the need for kits.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

This thread is v. mean

Its important to have what you need out in a hurry. For example if you are going somewhere with your knife out and you hear a step you don't want to pull a flashbang or your loving glock because you get destroyed by the time you get to your rifle. Its a little bit dumber than failing to be ready for a fight because you had autoswitch on pickup turned on, walked over something and you were bringing the new gun up when the guy peeked you pretty much exactly when and how you thought he would. They're both real bot moves.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I've never seen someone do enough damage to teammates to get kicked where it wasn't deliberate. Sometimes those people probably deserved it for being insufferable shits but more often the person tking was having a meltdown like a toddler.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Can anyone remember where the region blocker program is?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

cheers google gave me a list of cmd commands and thats more than I'm willing to do

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Up Circle posted:

do they actually dislike each other i thought they were great friends and solid mates.

From what I've gleaned through general csgo reddit clips browsing osmosis not at all. Dazed seems to think Steel is insufferable glib little poo poo and for his part Steel thinks Dazed is monumentally tedious, rigid and joyless. I don't watch a whole lot (near zero) of rank s games but I guess they can stomach each other for that. I imagine moving into a team house with someone you already feel that way about though would be like fast forwarding to the stage of the divorce that comes right before the neighbors call the cops to cool down your domestic dispute and then there's suddenly a loud thud and the sound of one person weeping.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

fps_max 500 maybe. Its fps_max 0 for no limit. But if say you leave it at 300 which like smol said is default you generally see dips to like 250 every so often. If you turn it up to say 400 you see drops to but higher than 300 usually. I don't watch that stream but it must be a pretty highend pc to get consistent fps with no drops. csgo is a weird game. For example

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/5vev69/shroud_turning_off_hyperthreading_gives_more_fps/

I didn't test that myself but it sounds like a totally ridiculous thing to do.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Why should we hate niko now?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Didn't they add a test version of the game that you can opt into to avoid this kind of thing raping the regular experience. Was that not a thing?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Seems like this would be the ideal situation to have something like that handy. I haven't played the game in a good long while because I got angry at it but there's no loving way I'm plunging back in to 2k negevs even with it being a bank holiday weekend.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What, was it like in your head to say, why do you mopes play with a shitter like that? Congrats for not making the situation gigantically awkward by insulting their friend.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

guardian getting wrecked by shazam, more evidence we truly are in the darkest timeline

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

why cant i get above silver elite its been weeks

Watch some professional player streaming the game. Then look at a demo of you playing on the same map. The difference between you isn't just that he has far superior reaction times.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Unless he's playing with happy

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If you have a high sens and you point at a corner and the guy pops out and you have to adjust the chances are you overshoot where you should be even with a small movement of the mouse because of the high sensitivity. Making the correct adjustment with a lower sens is just easier because the same small mouse movement leads to a smaller adjustment and given that its counterstrike and not quake 3 or unreal tournament the trade off in your capacity to do an easy 180 and adjust to some guy behind you is worth it.

There are a lot of videos about good crosshair placement that show you it in practice. The one thing I can't remember any video giving enough time to was not sticking your crosshair exactly to the wall because for normal slow brain players like us the target is going to move a little before you can react to where they appear so when your crosshair is a little wide of the wall or whatnot you are probably making the adjustment you have to make even smaller and its at roughly where they are when you are reacting.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Jeza posted:

tbh I feel like taz is coming for father time

Are they coming out of the slump so brutal only nip could top them at the moment or something?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Michael Scott posted:

I top fragged on my team, not that it matters, and yes I lost. I posted awhile ago about how 90% of my games end up with me doing well but the team is bad enough that we can't win no matter what I do.

I suppose the question you have to ask yourself are you making high impact kills. If you're carrying on the pistol round, making the opening kill on the gun rounds and winning clutches fair enough. On the other hand if you're getting to thirty by getting exit kills on rounds that are already dead, instantly getting traded as ct or getting mad aggressive on the anti eco its a pretty hollow thirty bomb.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

a spot of good news, they threw thorin off eleague for nothing

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Haven't played the game in a while but I prefer the extra time on the bomb, even attempted retakes were much rarer before. The 10 seconds extra in the round made some maps like overpass work a lot better though it might have slowed cache down a bit too much

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

giogadi posted:

I’m relatively new to MM - what is wrong with CSGO’s matchmaking system? Is it that everyone is playing on esea? What caused that migration? I’m still in silver, without prime, and have so far had a super positive experience solo queuing in MM (no cheaters yet). Do things get worse as I climb the ranks?

When you get to the upper end of it its just wretched with cheaters. Like last week I think on the csgo reddit a supreme guy living in Europe posted his last ten games and in 9 of them there was at least one guy cheating. Faceit isn't as intrusive as ESEA so its not as good but you don't get nearly as many shady dipshits making genius reads off zero information. It can really get absolutely disgusting when you're putting like 40 minutes into a match at a time and if you play like 3 matches and took the time to warm up for 10 minutes or whatever you're evening is just gone being a bot for some tiny dick rear end in a top hat trying to prove himself. The valve matching maybe because its doesn't have as smooth a curve as Jeza says Overwatch's has you end up with just a lot of people who 100% do not give a poo poo, are actively throwing, have nothing to say ever because they're still tilted from their last or should never have been placed in the server with people who can routinely poo poo on them. Anyone who cares is on third party already. And if you're bad when you get there you get better or leave. I don't like paying the sub just because it feels like I'm wasting my money like people who join a gym who and never go but that's a me thing.

I haven't played in a while either but I'm doubting the experience got better. I have no idea what the solution is either and I have no idea how much or how little valve puts into the game. I'm fine with or was fine with the amount of maps but in general I think they put too much into looks and not enough into function. Like offhand those stupid bits of arch you can get stuck on in mirage.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

giogadi posted:

Thanks a lot for the insight! That stinks about cheaters in the higher levels - is there any point to looking into ESEA/Faceit at my rank, or should I wait until later? I was playing with a goon last night who suggested that playing with silvers is a terrible way to get better, but I also don't want to poo poo up PUGs; otherwise I'll keep up with MM until the cheating gets prevalent, and try to join in on more goonmans.

I wouldn't worry about cheating at silver level. Your worst case scenario is guys from higher ranks on new accounts deciding to have some fun with you but its probably way less common than it was and possibly educational if you look at what they did to you in the demo viewer. When you get into the eagles its time to go third party but thats a ways off.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

That's some decent advice. I'd add watch a little pro play or some high level streamer. Not obsessively or even much but just to get an idea of how the game is supposed to flow. Nothing you do and no one you're going to play with is going to do anything resembling very high level play but if you look at it you'll get the why of things and their pace faster than you will flopping around in matchmaking trying to invent the wheel. I'm not talking endless hours and hours but if you watch someone very very good play inferno or some other map for 20 minutes you're just going to get the map better faster, especially you've played a match or two yourself before on it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You can region block https://gamebanana.com/tools/5684 and get far less russians who I assume outside of their gamers are a lovely people

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Photex posted:

It's been used.

Care to elaborate? Sounds like an interesting story there

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

hasn't seized been making GBS threads the bed a lot lately? I don't remember how fitch has been doing but did he really gently caress up that bad?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

2 aces for flusha, yep. What a monster

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

30-15 in regulation

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Flusha is god again. thats nice

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

jw is just an unfortunate looking person, real innsmouth look about him

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What I remember hearing about ex6 is that he is super tight as a leader which is great if you have people who are at their best being ordered like bots but if you have shox you kind of probably should let him off the leash a bit. Obviously though more structure has to come from somewhere for g2. I would be a hard no on smithz coming back though. Maybe he would make more sense under ex6 but my memory of him is being a total anchor outside of dust 2. I can't imagine dumping him for apex or nbk and i can't think of anyone else you would want in. If you have to drop 2 maybe rpk and body as the guys willing to be ex6's bots to set up Kenny and just let shox be shox

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

one of my favorite gaming memories is some turkish guy telling me he was going to gently caress my mom, my sisters and my dog. Its the little things

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have yet to figure out what he contributes to any panel either, I guess he knows some historical CS stuff? Seems like other than that almost anyone can pull off stats off HLTV and repeat them.

He's the color commentator, they need a jerk that people react to who can speak reasonably fluidly. The recipe is smooth guy, nerd and jerk. He's not there for his cringe history, he's there to be, see that shithead was wrong or unjustly right

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

edit nevermind 1 map means groups, this is a really long major

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

hbag posted:

im just trying to figure out how that arc even works. seems like itd just land behind those boxes at the other end, at best

I know the url says csgo but they actually have cs 2 nades there. I haven't played in a long rear end time but you don't want to try memorizing everything. Just learn a few of the important ones

https://www.csgonades.com/maps/mirage