Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

https://twitter.com/michau9_/status/1310489151633002497

A ton of Brazilian and EU/CIS coaches caught here, nobody from NA.

:eyepop:

That's almost every coach of note. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

poo poo i havent played CS in months now cuz of tarkov, but watching these highlights is giving me the itch again

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

If you are going to watch any reruns, go watch Map 3 of the Furia v Navi game. Holyyyyy poo poo. What an insane crowd.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

i caught the back half and im losing my loving mind. transcendental map 3

levitating, hair on end, best csgo ive ever seen

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Audax posted:

If it's a 1v1 or something, they'll cheer when your crosshair is near/on the person so you get an idea of where to look.

Most pros are pretty clear about it at best ratcheting up their awareness of an imminent fight but not necessarily as a hint that their guess is correct and are pretty neutral about its utility since it mostly seems to add stress and pressure. the csgo fan community is remarkably dumb about this tbh.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pandaal posted:

Nah, I watched every minute of the major from challengers on. They were there and insane when a Brazilian team was in it, but the crowd was missing or dead otherwise. For the final the crowd came really late and even then were very low-energy. Really high highs, really low lows. But you can’t count on one specific and unlikely success scenario for your atmosphere not to suck.

This was so overhyped from the crowd angle (people in Brazil were lobbying for an even bigger stadium) but at least the lesson was hopefully learned. They announced another IEM tournament in Brazil in 2023 but it won’t be a major.

ESL hosed up big time with the fanfest. if I had to choose between sitting in hard stadium seats for 6+ hours and chilling with my boys drinking beer outside, I'd pick the outside beers every single time. I can't really blame the fans for chill option when their hometown heroes weren't playing.

they split the difference and made the broadcast a little worse.

e. iirc they did the fanfest because it sold out so fast. if they had a bigger stadium and no fanfest, seems like it'd have been perfect.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

bring back the r8 damage

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

let's loving go

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the ping changes make gameplay look so smooth. it's insanely apparent.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the custom player model ship is long sailed. you can even add patches to them, lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

they also added grenade camera to practice mode that shows where it'll impact. I might actually learn set smokes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

krakow sticker capsules are insane right now. cashing out at 60 a pop, I've got 20 of them

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

icantfindaname posted:

Isn’t the ability to disperse smoke with an he grenade a gigantic nerf to smokes? I’m not in the beta, can’t see for myself

you can't treat them as much like an invisible wall and it's kind of a risky move. if someone is watching smoke and you clear it, they will probably win the fight.

also, it reforms a few seconds after the he goes off. it'll be interesting how that works with a stale smoke. does it reset?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

don't go through dmarket. their identification process is way too invasive for how shady they are.

I've heard skinport is better but no clue.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

knuthgrush posted:

I played a mess of 1.6 and later CS:S competitively many many years ago. Did a few leagues, etc. Recently I installed CS:GO and got rekt by bots but I'm slowly getting to be less bad. I need to tweak a few things on my machine for performance and switch out to siq gaming rodent and digits from my programmer RSI weird keyboard and trackball setup but I think I might try to play some public games soon.

How bad of a time am I gonna have? Are the public servers just full of nothing but pros and hackers given the age of the game? I also saw that ESEA is still a thing. Is it the cesspool it once was?

EDIT - I'm also thinking about a steam deck. How's it run on one of them fancy future computers?

there are no public servers, it's all matchmaking elo hell unless you do esea or faceit elo hell. runs weirdly bad because it's very processor heavy, I can't imagine steam deck will do very well with it.

hacking is mostly contained, and once you get a prime account matchmaking is generally balanced, but you should play with goons in the private server whenever possible.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

what? this is extremely wrong

I mean, yeah, there are a handful of public servers in some timezones, but good luck on finding one that is populated. I didn't think "matchmaking has eaten the lunch of public lobbies" is a controversial statement. a 1.6 or CSS player had a totally different experience to what is in CSGO.

e. I'm not including retakes or DM if thats what you mean?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TrueChaos posted:

Matchmaking is on public servers. You're thinking of privately hosted servers open to the public.

:sigh:

knuthgrush posted:

I've got a SP7+... don't threaten me with a good time.

Related: I just looked up skin port and there were some items upwards of $4000. The children have ruined video games. :bahgawd:

dont talk too loudly I just bought a new computer with my sticker investments

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Well yeah, I just need to practice.

have you followed the DPI settings guide linked in the OP? the first big change that helped my aiming was to zero in on some sensitivity settings that felt natural.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

are private servers already working?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

holy smokes might be time to jump back in

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I don't know how CS has always had the sauce, but it really does. Just enough inertia to avoid being floaty, just frail enough to make TTK incredibly fast and satisfying, and aim and recoil is fully under your control.

amazing how badly they missed with Valorant.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I am pleasantly surprised by MR12. way more fun.

e. Wouldn't mind a MR15 premiere though, tbh

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

-full amd here been rock solid

-half second freezes are shader recompiles which happen once per particle effect and will go away eventually but will need to be redone every game patch or driver update

so basically, jump into a offline match and throw a molly and a smoke every time it patches so you don't get hosed on a second round eco rush.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

nah, randomly

I had a ryzen 2600 until recently and it really struggled with CS2 (lots of micro and macro stutters), so it's possible it is dropping packets due to struggling overall.

rubberbanding though...I'd think that'd primarily be a network issue. are you seeing packet loss? you can lose packets and still have good ping. try direct connecting with an ethernet cable if possible.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Premier is so hosed right now. Just played a team of ESEA Advanced players at 4k elo.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Having overtime in premier elevates it a lot. Was like a fresh shot of adrenaline clutching out a close OT win.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Psycho Society posted:

I can still see servers with players in them, but get the error "server is reserved for a game lobby". Somethin's broken

gotta restart. I don't know why but sometimes you match but then no one can join

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

PirateBob posted:

Tried out the wingman mode in 3 games. First (and third) game was full of Russians who refused to speak English, teammate was useless, and I didn't even know you had to buy kevlar in this mode, so it all went south.

Won the next 2 games. Pretty good fun. I like how it's more focused, with smaller maps.

Feel like I should learn a few things about them though. I'm not familiar with Overpass or Vertigo in full size modes, let alone wingman. Are there any decent videos that show smoke locations etc for wingman?

Edit: Also open to any other tips for wingman. I'm thinking I should buy kevlar for the pistol round, especially for CT. Not entirely sure about T. And, are "eco rounds" a thing?

Wingman is best to run with a buddy and practice pop flashes, in my experience. I think you'd struggle to get good lineups for smokes since the maps are so small, but if there are any, I'd suggest just learning smokes you can also use in competitive.

We usually force every round to get some practice with lovely guns but generally try to stay at 1900 if you want full kit the next round. Kevlar is good to buy by default on all sides because of aimpunch, unless you have really good reason to buy a nice pistol. Raidboss setup, where one teammate buys kevlar and his teammate buys him a tec9 is really fun.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hbag posted:

bedazzling my frag grenades for extra shrapnel

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Budzilla posted:

PC Gamer interviews Valve's CS2 development team. Some things I found interesting.

Not sure how I would feel about adding more weapons. Things like the R8 and the PP-Bizon are dead weight to the game although an expensive gun in the 3.5k-4.5k price range could be good.

t-side SKS

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I was defending A site on Nuke from behind the tanks, I was trying to grenade tetris, and I massively fumbled it and the grenade bounced into squeaky and killed a T I had no idea of, then I shot the T coming from tetris. Gamesense.

where is tetris on nuke?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hbag posted:

if you get loving shot in the chest it kind of goes without saying that your aim is going to be off

it is making awp play very difficult and changing a fundamental part of the game. balance is tilted towards rifles right now with peekers advantage and spam tags.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

hbag posted:

personally i think its good that the oneshot hitscan gun is harder to use now

I'd prefer the gameplay of knowing how to flash an awp off an angle rather than the current state of jiggle peeking and blindly spraying.

I don't even awp lol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

saw on Reddit that capping your fps to 32 makes you hit almost every bhop. gonna try this before it's patched.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

wait so unless im missing somethign with csgo turned off and no workshop support in cs2 theres no way to play surf or kz maps? Booooooo

csgo is still accessible just "frozen" so I'm sure there will be a way to go to surf servers using it eventually.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

PirateBob posted:

I finally got my 10th wingman win after being saddled with utterly useless teammates too often.

My skill group is revealed. I'm a lowly Silver II. I'm guessing that's very lowly. I, too, am quite useless...? :saddowns:

If you are new new that's a pretty normal rank. just keep playing and watching how good people play. it's 50% aim 50% game sense.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

its bizarre how the skins just dont feel as in your face and like the whole game is being steered towards making you buy them as opposed to something like R6 Siege

it's wild how it's both the best form of microtransaction since you can recoup your money once you finish playing, and the only form of nft that makes sense since there is a reason to actually want one.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I think premier experience is heavily dependent on region and ELO. At 6-7k I've had a lot of silver teammates vs MGE/DMG level players recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm sure it will be fine eventually as things distribute but it would be nice to not have to solocarry 200 hour players every game.