Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Necc0 posted:

the left+right click is literally how I pulled off my famous reverse double-mcvey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYlWZDCxPs
That was hilarious. :laffo:

Also now I'm watching your 52 minute aptflood.flv video. Truly a modern cinematic masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

McSkillet made a video showcasing the likely maps for the next operation. It's based off the fact that several map creators were contacted by Valve and told to patch certain maps by the 9th. Those maps are:

Cruise
Santorini (Big surprise)
Empire
Coast
Tulip
Royal

Someone put them all in a collection if you want to check them out for yourself.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crain posted:

So CSGO's going on vacation it seems.
...Oh my God.

Operation VACation

Please Valve.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Cruise looks dope as gently caress. It might be the new Agency. Empire reminds me of de_facade, which I liked a lot, although maybe not as close quarters. Tulip looks like a COD map, but I could see it being fun. Coast... eh, I'm not so sure about this one, but we'll see. Royal looks like you could stick it in DoD and it wouldn't look out of place, which could be a good thing.
And Santorini, Turk? :smuggo:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Suran37 posted:

Bring back de_zoo, TIA
An operation that brings back de_seaside, cs_agency, de_chinatown, de_blackgold, cs_workout, and de_zoo as the maps.

That would actually kick so much rear end. Please do that after Operation VACation, Valve.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm gonna be super impressed when c9 manages to throw against these CoD kids
Considering the map pool, it's definitely likely.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

Looked at twitch, c9 down 7-2 to some team i never heard of called optik gaming while playing ct side of inferno. Yeah I'd like to seem them defend against envyus.
OpTic = ex-Conquest

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

I remember shazam from when he was on c9 at some major I think and he awped his own teammate after being warned that he would be crossing his angle.
That was Katowice 2015.

Also CLG is getting destroyed on Inferno by Tempo Storm. It's entertaining.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I'm kind of wondering how well Luminosity would be doing had they picked up HEN1 instead of TACO. They would have had a very strong secondary AWPer but I don't know how well he does with rifles.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Even if the Brazilians weren't destroying NA STILL shouldn't qualify for ANYTHING. All "pro" NA teams are loving trash compared to the rest of the world.
The main reason I've heard is that the talent is spread way too thin for any one team right now to be effective. An NA superteam of, say, shroud, skadoodle, roca, Hiko, and NAF with seang@res coaching could make waves internationally, but egos and contracts get in the way. It's a drat shame.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The C9/TS score was 12-4 when I went off to DM for a bit. I come back and it's 14-13.

Choke9

e: 16-14 TS. The hope of NA really is Brazil.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 15, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

nothing has no idea how to play t side
Their fatal mistake was picking up another PUG star instead of an IGL.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Whelp.

:911:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maguro posted:

Tempo storm just upset the whole of NA in a single day.

symbolic posted:

The hope of NA really is Brazil.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I'm glad TS is not in Group A for Katowice. They only have to deal with a relatively weak NV, an inconsistent Astralis, a very weak VP, a very inconsistent FaZe, and E-Frag as opposed to three on-fire teams in the form of Fnatic, Na'Vi, and Luminosity as well as NiP, mousesports, and Mongolz.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Games › Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - new thread new sens, same old NA CS

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

It's one of those things where you don't realize how much work is being shouldered by a single individual until they're gone.
Thank you, now I have Cinderella stuck in my head.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Please don't show this to turk.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

I actually don't think that's fishy at all. He knew Taz was low, so he'd probably be hiding instead of peeking. That spot is extremely common to spam. The rest is just jiggle peeking and preaiming common post plant spots.
No but turk still claims most pro players cheat, so yeah. :shrug:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

I don't know about most but I'd be absolutely floored if someone (still playing) hasn't occasionally toggled something in all these months and years.
Flusha hax :ssh:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Oh yeah, it's such a conspiracy theory when pros have been caught cheating numerous times. I'm the crazy one.
No, but when you say something as audacious as

A TURGID FATSO posted:

The amount of "pros" that now turn to aimlocks is absolutely ridiculous.

You tend to be viewed as crazy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I can only assume that people pining for 1.6 stuff never actually played 1.6
I started with GO and love it, tried Source and liked it, tried the original CS (is that 1.6?) and hated it. That's my CS story.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daeno posted:

this post makes me feel so old
The first Counter-Strike public beta debuted four days before my second birthday. :unsmith:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

There's a lot of speculation that koosta will replace adren on TL and s1mple will move to a primary rifler/secondary awper role.
It's not even speculation anymore. Koosta mentioned trying out for Liquid, and Ryu (NME's coach IIRC) Tweeted that koosta would be playing for a different team once his contract is up. All we need is the official word from Liquid.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, then, there we go.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

For gently caress's sakes.

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/699673261655904256

RIP Liquid's chances for doing good at the major.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

qhat posted:

I love how people on reddit think source 2 is coming even remotely soon, even though there is 0 evidence to even suggest it. If CSGO of getting a big update soon, my money is on unranked queue.
Glove skins, including team glove skins for the major.

You heard it here first.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

But Liquid qualified by being Bottom 8, not from the qualifier qualifier :confused:
NME qualified with the America's Champion qualifier. However, because of this rule, koosta will have to play with NME for the qualifier while Liquid will probably have to use adreN again. Same goes for the major from what I can tell. It's a very badly-worded Tweet.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So a Valve dev and CS co-creator has been dropping hints about Newke on Reddit the past few days. So far, they're moving it from Germany to the U.S. Rust Belt, making it less CT-sided, the CTs will be Seal Team 6 and Ts will be Phoenix, and this image was taken outside of Mini.

Hyyyyype. :pcgaming:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

:agreed:

If anyone sounds like they're under 21 I just instantly mute them at this point.
Rude. :smith:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

for real though, anyone with an anime avatar you should just immediately mute and report for griefing, even if they don't grief.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sleppy posted:

That picture is from the hitbox update, so old.
I'm well aware of that, sleppy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

complexity is so bad
"B-B-B-B-BUT GOD FROD :qq:"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

I'm trying so hard to sandbag post-rank shift and I can't drop below dmg no matter how hard I try

What's the secret
Be me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xenaero posted:

This is impossible

The other team surrendered somehow
Run and spray
Aim at feet
Et. al.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The MLG Columbus qualifier groups have been released. It's an interesting bracket. Here's what I predict:

Group A: G2, probably Flipsid3 as well but Tempo Storm has amazing momentum, so there could be a possible upset.

Group B: Mousesports, Liquid

Group C: Vexed, and then a 50/50 chance of either CLG or SK.

Group D: Dignitas, probably Cloud9 too unless Gambit steps up.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

mongolz can't get no respect
Mongolz have never played an EU team. I don't expect them to do all too well.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

yeah but they beat the piss out of renegades to get into the qualifier, and I'd put renegades in roughly the same class as vexed/SK. That group is pretty wide open to upsets.
Renegades are definitely not the level of Vexed and maybe slightly below SK. Mind you, Vexed and SK have experience playing against and for multiple EU teams. Mongolz have not. It's really just a matter of inexperience that will hurt them.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The ST FN AWP Hyper Beast I got in a knife trade two weeks ago when it was $210 on the market is now $394 on the market.

...Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nftyw posted:

Sell it, buy a ST Worm God or corticera and enjoy having a few hundred steambux you can spend on whatever games you want for the next year.

Oh who am I kidding, that money would just go right back into the CSGO economy.
Already have a ST FT Asiimov. Also someone put theirs up for $250, so RIP.

I will say, though, going from 14 on the market to 4 in two weeks is something noteworthy. Maybe this will still be on the rise.