Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

yeah this is nothing new, if you want to trade, bet, gamble you need to enable 2 step auth.

I don't understand why people wouldn't do it anyway just for account security purposes? My original five digit account got phished from me years ago when I wasn't using it, so I definitely want to make sure nothing happens to the one that I have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

because it's a loving pain in the rear end to have to mobile authenticate every time you login

It's seriously 5 extra seconds. Your time is not that important.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

That doesn't make it any less of a pain in the rear end. Fortunately though I'm not a complete moron wrt doing things on my computer that results in my account being phished, so it doesn't matter.

It happened to me on a PC that I had never installed Steam on for years, so when I actually got back into PC gaming about almost five years ago I noticed that my SteamID had been VAC banned during the almost six years I hadn't used it. It had nothing to do with "doing things on my computer". It can happen to anyone, and it's best to be vigilant about your own accounts security, especially if you have bought as many games as I have.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 28, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Audax posted:

Since demos are down, I figured I can do some quick look at my stats over the amount of games I have at my current rank. I have an account at LE and have been playing on my main which was downranked to MG2. After getting it back up to DMG relatively quickly, I wondered how well I need to do to rank-up. So I kept track of my records via end-game screenshots to see how I did.

My last 15 games have been 10 wins, 2 ties, and 3 losses.

If I win, my K/A/D is 19-6-15. Average score is 16-8.
If I tie, my K/A/D is 27-8-22.
If I lose, my K/A/D is 17-3-18. Average score is 8-16.

I find that kinda funny. Even though I have a positive win/loss record, from the looks of things it appears that I may be getting carried in the games I win? Or it could be just a symptom of well-functioning teams/better players.

Just some food for thought. I'm curious to see what kind of scores other people generally have with the role they prefer. Ex: I like rifling as entry/support.

I've been using the Head Shot Box program since August and tracking my games ever since. It's a really handy tool. I'm pretty satisfied with where I am, although I know I should be LEM since I tend to top frag in regular LE/DMG games pretty easily. Also, I love being an entry fragger/solo site player. Nothing like dominating a site all by myself.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Bohemian Nights posted:

Wasn't really a lot of highlight worthy stuff in our matches but I had this nice eco clutch where I get five kills yet no ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSqHOplI6pY

I'm glad you brought up the matches again. Would you mind posting your POVs? Having played against you a few times in goonmans I know you're a better player than I am and I'd just like to see how you and your team got to victory.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

idk glips i think my immersion would be greatly improved if I could open and shut the vents on cache!!!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

dex_sda posted:

fixing aztec would require the map not being aztec

Aaaaaaaaand this is a bold faced lie. Aztec is very much like Nuke where a strong T side is a must. I remember owning bones on bridge in CAL 8)

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

NtotheTC posted:

Is there any chance you could re-PM that ESEA code? For whatever reason it hasn't come through

I think I added you a while ago and messaged you about being the goon who needed an ESEA code, but I never got a response back. :( You are "nikon" on Steam, correct? If not, then go ahead and add me instead.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Certainly! Note that the train demo is probably beyond trash since we play that map almost never, but inf is our home turf
https://www.dropbox....iftinf.dem?dl=0 - inferno
https://www.dropbox....ttrain.dem?dl=0 - train

I don't know why but the URLs are broken for me. Any chance you could do a repost or add me on the Steam account linked above and send me the links directly?

In other news, I have been working non-stop since Wednesday and missed all of the Katowice games. Which ones should I download the demos of and check out?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
LAUGH MY loving BBALLS OFF

https://twitter.com/FMPONE/status/707389734977458180?s=09

Hey fmpone, how about you add the green gas clouds that the Gas Chamber used to have all across the new de_ca$h

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

sleppy posted:

I hardly care as long as they don't gently caress up the frame rates like nuke did.

WELL AREN'T YOU IN FOR A TREAT. WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK WITH MORE FMPONE! *audience applause*

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Aztec was certainly in more than one season of CAL. I think dust even made an appearance and the general consensus was that it was awful.

I remember when de_cpl_fire made its debut in CAL, and my team was set to take on the best team in CAL-IM at the time (might have team "I don't care" or "it doesn't matter", I can't quite remember) and I was my team's resident poo poo-talker on the CAL forums, which were absolutely brutal to every member, and pretty much the entirety of the forum said that we were going to get dominated by our opponents.

We had discovered through hours of practice that as CT while watching mid and timing it just right, if you had a rifle you could spam through mid and hit the T's as they were making their way from spawn to the main hallway. Our guy pLaF would do this every round he had an M4 and by the time the T's would get to any site, most of them had already been hurt badly. Having started on CT, we ruled that half and broke their spirit as they ended up talking more poo poo to us in global chat repeatedly while our only responses would be "mm2", which just infuriated them even more.

When all was said and done, I believe we brutalized them with a scoreline of 23-7 (yes, this was before the change to best of 30). Needless to say that demos and screenshots were requested and they soon disbanded.

Ahhhh, memories.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

exethan posted:

Rumor mill: optic Oskar

Wait wait wait wait wait... Oskar from Hellraisers?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

exethan posted:

yes

hopefully we can just get a whole stable of ex hellraisers players in NA and maybe NA teams will start taking their jobs seriously. I've heard a lot of good things about stan and rush and daps. Shame for shahzam, because he seemed to be doing very well but as a team if you get a chance to pick up oskar you absolutely have to take it

I agree with this. I hadn't seen Oskar play until the MLG qualifier, and if it weren't for him and ANGE1, Hellraisers definitely wouldn't have gotten as close as they did. That dude floored me with some of his plays.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

Not sure if anyone noticed but the first two groups for the major are out:

http://www.hltv.org/news/17307-mlg-columbus-groups-a-b-out

Easy rear end group for fnatic. I think it's 50-50 on whether liquid or faze will progress. Splyce comedy option.

I'm going Splyce all the way. GET ROWDY BOYS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Smol posted:

gently caress all other mice but Zowie. They're lightweight, have good sensors that don't lose you rounds and don't need lovely software to change DPI.

NtotheTC posted:

Could you recommend a zowie mouse? I miss my steelseries sensei raw, but they don't make the version I had anymore (the one they make is ridicuously heavy)

MrSmokes posted:

I have an EC2-A which is good for people with smaller hands. Even though I'm a bad player, I like it a lot, it's comfortable. I hear good things about the FK1/FK2 models also. Not sure about anything else.

For real, I will never go to another mouse brand ever again since coming over to Zowie from a SteelSeries Sensei Raw (and a Rival that died after only a couple months). I have an FK-1, and I have smaller hands so it's the perfect size and outperforms my old Sensei like no ones business.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Spiros posted:

g502 is legit, bro. If you liked the g5 or the mx518 this is the spiritual and performance-wise successor. The beauty of it is it grips your hand like no other mouse I've ever used so you have very precise aim.

I need a mouse. Not an alien space ship. That's one reason why I have been turned off by the majority of Logitech products (except for the new G810 keyboard, because it actually looks loving normal).

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

http://oddshot.tv/shot/esl-csgo-20160313232712170

Finally Niko carries mouz to beat fnatic, their first loss on D2 all year.

MY BOYS

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Google Butt posted:

i hope the guy who broke his leg, has to have surgery is okay and has a speedy recovery.

you scumbags have little heart and little soul.

pfffft, I once stubbed my toe and ended up playing a CSGO game about twenty minutes later. I'm the REAL tough guy here!

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Buller posted:

lol @ people believing pro CS players are hacking, did you believe pro cyclists were using doping as well?

I... I don't know what you're going for here.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I hope he ends up autoerotic asphyxiating himself to death with that loving scarf.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm calling it right now: mouz wins Columbus.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

A lot of kids just lost a bunch of money
Holy gently caress that 92/8 rating hahahah

WHAT UP NOW FRENCH?! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 18, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

I just watched this like five times in a row and I'm loving PUMPED

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
LETS GO BOYS

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Not the entire line-up of mousesports.

You're slipping, turk.

Hey, hey, hey. These cost money.

Xenaero posted:

That's an ok lineup. I can't wait to see how FalleN performs, though.

Fallen is going to push everyone's poo poo in with great abandon.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ArfJason posted:

yeah if i were to do the whole sticker thing id go with fallen or jw for sniper

I considered JW for sniper but I think he has been slipping as of late, and while Na'Vi is wildly inconsistent, GuardiaN is typically a pretty safe pick for it.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

LGs T sides might need some work

I don't think a word exists to describe the disgust that I've had for that whole half.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Google Butt posted:

Apparently the esea fpl style thing starts at noon today, captains mode.

Oh cool. Looks like I'll need to try it out.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

That is fairly sick. What are the comp settings on ESEA? I hate how Faceit disables friendly fire and has no timeouts and how the round end time is random. Is it the same or different on ESEA?

Sadly, ESEA also succumbs to disabled friendly fire if I remember correctly.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I bought the operation and haven't done a single mission.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Fire Serpent looks like a dick with eyes.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Bohemian Nights posted:

SK running old school naming conventions, I like it

The nostalgia is too strong. My god. Next think I know SpawN, eLement, or potti is going to come back.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Edit is not quote

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm going to start playing ESEA again either today or tomorrow.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Sooooo I just found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZggcP1P1gU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

There are so many good resources nowadays for grenades and they're easy to learn there's no excuse to not know the most important ones.

"Hey does anyone else know the mirage smokes?"

*silence*

console quit

I haven't learned one single smoke since the game came out yet I am a GOD

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
alright so I hear surfing is supposed to be relaxing. I've never surfed before and I need to work on my anger issues, so can I get some recommendations for beginner surf maps?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm pissed that I won't be getting off work until after the games are over.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Why am I still at work gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
This is an absolute mauling.