Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

sterster posted:

Also I hope this hurts loving Thorin deep inside and we see him break and rage quit the desk.

Thorin has a huge boner for s1mple, he's crediting literally all of Liquid's success this major to him. Never mind that Elige and Nitro are going loving nuts and JDM has been killing it (aside from this map).

I hate Thorin so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Anyone know what the neato little player cameras are?

They look like GoPros

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

It might be worth noting that coaches did not have their own PCs at this major, unlike other tournaments where they're basically able to spectate their whole team at all times. Valve has outright said that they wanted it to be 5v5 and not 6v6, so coaches were somewhat limited in what they were able to contribute in this event compared to others. I still think that the 5 fraggers + coach is more solid overall, though.

Perhaps to take your point to an extreme, zonic said his role standing in for dupreeh was basically to run around and get info and drop guns and they somehow made it out of groups.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

RIP skins http://store.steampowered.com/news/22883/

efb

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

So Splyce picked up Machinegun from Mongolz. When Splyce approached the Mongolz manager with a buyout offer, he said that if they take two of his players, it'd be free. Dude just wants his players to move on up in life :unsmith:

They eventually told him that they were only interested in Machinegun, so the Mongolz manager said to donate the money to charity and take him for free.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

That's the nuke I know and love.

Also TACO owns

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

The EU minor and major qualifier are gonna be insane. Not ez for ENCE.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Value of players like pronax, seangares, gob b, adreN and ex6tenz (maybe) just went way up. Also lol at c9 who just benched Slemmy and are about to pick up autimatic in his place. Also NaVi who benched Zeus and picked up s1mple

RIP DaZeD :smith:

NiKo now the most valuable player in the world??? Also Fallen and shox????

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 17, 2016

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

free my niggas dazed and steel

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

symbolic posted:

FaZe, Cloud9, I think Fnatic had vuggo calling for them for a little while this year.

Speaking of which...

quote:

Effective immediately, Alec "Slemmy" White has stepped down from the Cloud9 CS:GO starting roster. Following our final ELeague Season 1 match against Na'Vi in late July, Alec communicated his wishes to the organization. After thoroughly discussing options, Alec asked to be removed from the starting roster shortly before the two week team break scheduled for early August. Following his decision, we approached a handful of players and organizations to begin looking into finding his replacement. Throughout this scouting process, Alec has echoed the sentiment that he currently has no intention of stepping into a coaching role, and fully intends to continue his career as a player.

We continued to speak with and trial players over the course of the last three weeks, and, as of last night, we have agreed to terms with Team Solomid, facilitating the transfer of Timothy "autimatic" Ta into the Cloud9 CS:GO family. Formerly of compLexity Gaming and Team Solomid, Tim's introduction to the scene dates back to playing casual Counter-Strike: Source in 2009. Only in the spotlight for the last two years, Tim has shown tremendous growth as a player and we're confident he will do the same as a teammate. 

Please join us in welcoming Timothy "autimatic" Ta to the Cloud9 CS:GO roster! His debut with the team is only a short time away as #C9CSGO look to take on Team Liquid in their first ESL Pro League Season 4 matchup today at 5PM PST; Tune in at ESL_CSGO or down below.

He's not even coaching. RIP C9

vvvv I think autimatic is a fantastic player actually and fits really well in the c9 roster. It's just that this was running on the fact that they would still have Slemmy's leadership as a coach, which isn't true anymore. autimatic is a super consistent player in terms of fragging ability and game sense. He can pull all sorts of crazy unorthodox poo poo on the fly in clutches (see his near ninja defuse against SK a little while back). He's just not an IGL...

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 18, 2016

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

It didn't look like any of them were blinded...

Whatever, we summer 2015 now bois

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Stumbletron posted:

I feel like if we were going to end up with this rule anyway maybe someone should have said something when a top team first went to an external coach. You know, 18 months ago?

:rip: navi

There have been rumblings about Valve not really liking the 6th man role for a while now, so while I think they didn't go about implementing it the right way, it's hard to say that it came completely out of nowhere.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

no give it to me

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

China #1

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

It's probably in their best interest to fix it though, as a lot of these maps are balanced around the fact that some ledges are designed to be 1-way for a solo player like under window in Mirage and vents in Cache.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/EL/status/778625296589283329

loving :rip: Echo Fox and aTTaX.

Group A seems like a toss up, groups B and C are mega stacked and group D is basically a total crapshoot. Should be pretty entertaining!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

God sent the wrong team

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

symbolic posted:

Meanwhile, Fnatic just beat NaVi 16-3.

Liquid didn't die for this.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

The Philadelphia 76ers just bought the Dignitas organization lol

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

symbolic posted:

I know nothing about basketball, are the 76ers good?

From my casual following of the NBA, they're basically the worst team in the league

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Dazed is a meme machine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjICaekMdc
cya at b

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Speaking of which, https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2016/09/27/wizards-warriors-and-magic-a-strategic-partnership

An investment group headed by the owners of the Warriors/Wizards/other sports teams just bought out Team Liquid.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Macnult posted:

Who choked harder, Liquid or Golden State?

Hard to say. GSW just got Kevin Durant though, while Liquid lost s1mple :negative:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Free my nigga Dazed. Actually yeah why isn't he at this event doing casting/analysis? He's doing a pretty great job for ESL Pro League.

Also on that note,
https://twitter.com/iBUYPOWER/status/781917754387341313

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

My favorite spray in 1.5 was the one of a crouching CT that I'd put at chokepoints to bait the enemies to shoot and then I'd just turn the corner and headshot everyone. Glad to see we can do that in actual matches now :lol:

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Xx0k_TVY0

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Kio... is still the problem?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Also -Lekr0 +Krimz confirmed. Also also, fnatic is going to use a standin for e-league because Dennis is about to have a baby, which would perhaps explain why they can't commit to going to ESL Pro League finals.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

http://pastebin.com/sym3UyCE

Complexity 2006 playbook. tr1p made a reddit post about it http://www.reddit.com/r/globaloffensive/comments/5bmy4c/_/

Throwing them good flashes

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Can't have a discussion about old CS without linking the original frag video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ylWONP4Y7A

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Every era of frag vids has their signature soundtrack. In the early-mid 2000s it was all Linkin Park and Evanescence.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Soulex posted:

Good editing makes a frag video. Not the frags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qOwPS7Xak&t=827s

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

That's... one way to look at it, I guess. Bogdan absolutely did not belong in Rank S at all.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

symbolic posted:

These are still tier 1 EU teams with some legendary names. I only caught the OG/Fnatic series but OpTic just looked on point the entire time, albeit with a few mistakes. They could very well best Mousesports in the quarterfinal, and might have a chance to go to the finals if FaZe upset VP.

More importantly this would give us the epic meme match of OpTic vs FaZe in CSGO, finally.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

For a serious answer, death match is for improving your aim with the gun of your choice (seriously don't play with random guns) and literally nothing else. Valve's DM is bad, you're much better off looking for community DM servers.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

My OpTic/FaZe meme dream match is slipping away

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Bust out the Doritos and Dew boys, FaZe vs OpTic is a reality. :pcgaming:

I hope it's AUG/SG553/noscope snipers exclusively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

One thing to note is that you can contest top mid from a few different locations other than window. If you have a good spawn, you can run from CT to ticket booth, past site and jungle into the left connector corner to try and get a pick at top mid. You can also spot mid from cat or boost above the double stack box outside ladder room. If you've got insane movement and have a good spawn you can try jump to cat from window on top of the railing and and get a pick there before running away up cat afterwards (obviously less practical for most players). You can also try jump down from window to underpass and surprise a guy at top mid before running away through connector.

Generally speaking I feel like most teams smoke top mid from T spawn so the CT can't get an easy pick from window. This lets the Ts cross and get control of top mid from the wheelbarrow/bench area, which lets them throw mollies and smokes at connector/cat/window and work mid control. It's pretty important to get a read on how they use their utility so you know where to contest mid from as a CT at the beginning of the round.