Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm slav why don't I throw down huge numbers like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Photex posted:

Is Sean streaming full time now? Pretty sure I heard summit say that he was and that he will be way better off in the long run.

He's playing for EchoFox with moE.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

aborn posted:

Don't queue dust2, bind "t" "toggle voice_scale 0 1"

Also cl_mute_enemy_team should be set to 1.

Flip to 0 after about 10 rounds of you pushing their poo poo in and act surprised they're calling walls on you. Helps if you keep a private profile.

I've won the last 10/11 of my MM games on my main that got deranked massively due to inactivity. The loss was due to 2 griefers. People get reeeeeeal salty.

This game is more fun when you give less poo poo about talking and just focus on clicking heads.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Luminosity just smurfing away. Col doesn't know how to move on the map with the pressure they're under.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

fyallm posted:

Someone was boasting about how they have been playing CS forever in MM the other day, and I asked if he even had a 6 digit and he had no idea what I was talking about.. Dammit I hate being old...

5 digit represent!

Of course now it's worthless but back in the day...

Also sens chat - how much physical room do you have, what's your dpi, and ingame sens at? Unless you're something really drastic you shouldn't have a problem with clearing angles properly if your movement is good.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Goofballs posted:

Don't they all live in some nerd clubhouse together or something so he could have just sat down at the computer that was on, not defending him or anything because the situation is entirely hilarious

Dude lives with his mom

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I suck at KZ maps. This video by Launders made me learn this job consistently with 20 minutes of practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc_YvYSUfSw

I kept counter-steering by pressing A near the end which kept causing me to fall off. If you're having trouble, pay attention to his crosshair.

EDIT: In fact, I just went ahead and learned the mirage window to ladder room jump following the exact same steps. Just go left instead of right.

My mind is blown right now.

Audax fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 22, 2016

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

NtotheTC posted:

gaben's email has been public for years though. isn't that why people started calling him gaben?

do you remember when the source code for half life 2 was stolen? people call him gaben because gaben was the extremely complicated password he used for all his poo poo back then

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Since demos are down, I figured I can do some quick look at my stats over the amount of games I have at my current rank. I have an account at LE and have been playing on my main which was downranked to MG2. After getting it back up to DMG relatively quickly, I wondered how well I need to do to rank-up. So I kept track of my records via end-game screenshots to see how I did.

My last 15 games have been 10 wins, 2 ties, and 3 losses.

If I win, my K/A/D is 19-6-15. Average score is 16-8.
If I tie, my K/A/D is 27-8-22.
If I lose, my K/A/D is 17-3-18. Average score is 8-16.

I find that kinda funny. Even though I have a positive win/loss record, from the looks of things it appears that I may be getting carried in the games I win? Or it could be just a symptom of well-functioning teams/better players.

Just some food for thought. I'm curious to see what kind of scores other people generally have with the role they prefer. Ex: I like rifling as entry/support.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I've been using the Head Shot Box program since August and tracking my games ever since. It's a really handy tool. I'm pretty satisfied with where I am, although I know I should be LEM since I tend to top frag in regular LE/DMG games pretty easily. Also, I love being an entry fragger/solo site player. Nothing like dominating a site all by myself.

Do you just need to make sure you download any demo and it takes care of the rest?

Seems pretty nifty, might have to check it out. Thanks!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Finally ranked up one another win. So there you go, DMG -> LE is 11 wins, 3 losses, and what - 2 ties? Definitely feels much longer than other ranks.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I played 1.6 for years at 30 fps so I laugh when people complain about not hitting 300.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I had a Mionix Naos that I liked but was getting a little crampy. I decided to splurge and get another one and got myself a Castor. Sweet lord, this mouse is heaven. If anyone wants something else besides the standard logitech/steelseries stuff, get one of these.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Xenaero posted:

I'm really close to ordering this since I hate my uncomfortable deathadder. I loved my naos before it broke. How's the grip on the Castor?

I think the only complaint I might have is the left side rubber grip. It's incredibly light, a lot smaller than the NAOS but just amazing craftsmanship as well. My favorite over the G402, the Rival, MX510/8, and the 7000.

edit: may have to adjust your grip slightly. I'm palm grip with 3 fingers on the top and gripping sides with thumb/pinky and love the shape

Audax fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 12, 2016

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Spiros posted:

I have huge hands tho

Naos. If they're >19cm you'll enjoy it

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
It was after I think a train match where frod put up like 30 damage per round. Absolutely horrible performance from him. He's struggling to be back.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Xenaero posted:

Enjoying the Castor so far.

Glad to hear it. I'm in the same boat, I'm enjoying every second of it. I liked my prior mice, but this one takes all of the things I liked about them and just mashes them together.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Luna Was Here posted:

Here's the thing though, even when kqly got vac'd and reddit went insane trying to find out who was gonna be next, they never did. No one called emilio being the next one down and HR was fairly popular at this time point. I can guarantee you that if after all the scrutiny by valve, the majors, and the community, that if after all of that flusha has not been caught, then he is not cheating

If he gets vac'd then permaban me

I'm trying to understand what your point is. You singled out a VAC ban, then said people freaked out and started a witch hunt but they didn't catch anyone. Then the point was brought up that other people hacked.

Is your point a defense of flusha or a defense of there not being any cheaters?

Either way, just because someone hasn't been caught yet even after some scrutiny doesn't mean they are guiltless. The guy is good, but he makes fishy plays a lot of the time. Let the people speculate, I need some drama to read about at work.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Is it because you forgot what it's like to watch video on a 56k connection?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Yes, have a separate bind for each type of nade.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
An advantage that CEVO and ESEA have is that their pugs have dropins available when someone leaves. Half the time I just join a game in progress because it's quicker.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Friendly fire is actually on for scrims/10 man's/league for all those services. So there's that if you really want it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
4 adreN stickers + new AWP that dropped for me + "Decoy Grenade" nametag = best $4 I've ever spent

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Any US East goons LE level wanna queue up for MM? I'm tired of solo queue and just want people that wanna work together, set up basic executes and not be dicks to each other (and I'm asking here?) etc.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/audax

I generally play after 9pm during the week and a few hours during the weekend. I generally rifle. Hit me up.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
CEVO has a pug ranking system now too I guess I needed another measure of knowing I'm a shitter

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
http://www.sothatwemaybefree.com

Little easier to use when you're in-game and dead because you hosed up a smoke.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Can I get a goongroup invite?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/audax/
Thanks

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

NtotheTC posted:

Did you guys not watch the CPL video I posted? the SIG had a niche in cs1.6 pro scene and by god I will get the AUG/SG into the meta for CS:GO. In fact I solemnly vow this. 6 months to a year, we will have COD-guns purchased in pro games (and not by accident). Start cornering the market on skins now.

Neo used the AUG on cobble very often I believe two majors ago.

So you know, don't.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I love my Mionix Castor. I recommend that one

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Smol posted:

Wow, dustmouret has really been gaining weight.

I think he mentioned somewhere he's dealing with depression - that tends to do it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Famethrowa posted:

Why do people ever buy decoys? All they ever do is throw them mid or in spawn.

I use it to make the enemy mistime for AWP duels. When you throw it the other guy sometimes thinks they have a window to peek when you haven't done poo poo.

Works at LE/LEM level. You'd be surprised how often.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I mean my mousepad literally spans my whole desk what more do you want from me am I inadequate?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You will literally just sit through an extra map load because pubbies will switch away from Mirage to Dust2 in a heartbeat.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I recommend doing what I did and buying eight brand new mice in the span of the months

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
These community FFA servers just don't seem like they're worth it. I'll hop on and it's literally stand in one spot and wait for someone to peek. It teaches you nothing about moving across the map because you're stuck since you'll end up doing constant 180s trying to get whomever spawned behind you.

I feel like the team deathmach one slightly better but even then.... gently caress, Valve's Deathmatch is better thought-out - it's just that it's too easy to do well there.

Deathmatch as I know it (Quake) was spawn, collect items, and work the map. This instagib bullshit is worthless besides just getting the twitch on someone; which is actually pretty easy. Working the map, understanding sightlines, etc is harder and more important.

If I want to practice I feel like I have to actually do aim_botz and just stick to that. I swear that map is the best for ugprading your aim over the course of a few weeks than this FFA bullshit. Only difference is the bots don't shoot back, but with how these servers are laid out - it doesn't matter.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
So I spent the last week and a half playing at 900 effective DPI (dpi x sens) and realized that I'm sucking way too much at tracking to justify the use. Back to 800 effective even if I can't flick backwards as insanely it's still good enough.
Guess playing all this long you just get used to something. No reason to change.

I also tried an experiment a few weeks back to do 700 effective DPI. Found that way too slow.

Audax fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 21, 2016

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
This dude got a factory new AK hydro in my last MM game. His screams of ecstasy will forever haunt my dreams. Lucky fucker.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You need a jump throw script. I'll post a screenshot later when I get off work where to aim. It's pretty simple.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

NTT posted:

Thanks for the games Schlurps; always fun

http://plays.tv/video/5774703ceff43ba55e/i-am-badeed

My my... what big crosshair you have :bigtran:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
M4A4 or M4A1-S? I've been partial to the A4 for a long while now. Debating if there's reason to switch.