Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
He's a darn cheater

e: lmao that was over two years ago holy poo poo

https://play.esea.net/users/93772?tab=history posted:

Cheating (1:0:88363) 3/12/14 365 days

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

aksuur posted:

not sure if you know this but there are 7 days in a week

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107926751

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ColoradoCleric posted:

If I launch CS:GO one more time without remembering to not put my headset on, I'm going to go deaf.

Every time I launch CS:GO, Windows sets 100% volume. If I alt tab out, and I'm scanning for a match, it turns up to 100% again when a match is available to accept. I turn it down, alt tab back in, and as soon as I click accept, it turns up to 100% AGAIN!!! HOW DO I STOP THIS MADNESS?!?!?

I dunno but I'd probably just use the volume setting in game/console to set the volume

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Photex posted:

summit just blew $90,000-$100,000 in about 3 minutes to basically cover up the molly incident.

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/summit1g/v/69164414?t=1h49m30s

What is this website and how is it related to csgo? Looks like an RNG website lol

e: oh you fill your account using csgo skins, jesus

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I used to like the feel of 4:3 stretched cause everything seemed faster but eventually joined the normies at 16:9.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Did they actually kill gambling sites? I assumed they were just saying that.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Photex posted:

If I was a rapist I'd be out of jail, that's how old my VAC ban is

That's cool.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think I've put this in this thread many times but it's so good.

n0thing doing ridiculous poo poo on nuke in 1.6

https://youtu.be/Qkb_RSvtkUA

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Infinotize posted:

I played a game (nova 3 lol) where we lost pistol and then this kid is telling everyone to force up on round 2. That was dumb I thought so I didn't buy. Of course we lose then round 3 same kid says "oh Infinotize you have money buy us all pistols." I say no so he starts a kick vote that doesn't pass. He ends up rage quitting after a few more rounds, we ended up pulling off a tie. tl;dr it was probably 5 rounds in before we had a real buy and we lost all of those.

Oh I forgot he said "you always ALWAYS force on round 2" - I'm pretty sure that's only if you won pistol. :rip:

Nah you can force on round 2 and still have enough for a rifle and helmet on round 4, nades too if you get any frags. You just can't buy anything at all on round 3 if you lose.

Guys still obviously a dumbass, but yeah.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
*registers on-call work phone for prime* job has it perks, what can I say.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Ozmiander posted:

You could say i love a dark horse.

ps pardon the glare, my lily white skin is usually protected by a thick layer of bramble and thatch.

:stare:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I mean, the guy in vent is definitely close enough for the player to hear any sounds he made.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Yeah I'm just saying most players try to point toward where a sound comes from to kinda zero in on it, especially when mid is smoked and the only sound you hear comes from vent, makes it unlikely somebody is pushing that smoke.

I did rewatch the clip though, and on second thought it does look pretty drat weird.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
1.15 @ 800

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

The Ferret King posted:

Couple questions on counter strafing and stutter stepping.

What's the best way to practice this slowly? I'm going into HS only and Pistol only servers and doing O-K, but the engagements happen more quickly than I'm able to process, so I often don't understand why I land certain shots and miss others. People skating around back and forth are EXTREMELY difficult for me to hit, even when I'm standing still, and even if I'm trying to strafe at the same time they seem to hit me with ease.

As for my own counter strafing, I'm having a hell of a time getting the timing down under pressure. I can pop bots around the corners of walls all day long, but once I'm in game and they start shooting back, I can tell I'm not doing a good enough job of zeroing out my accuracy before firing. Anyone have any specific tips to practice this sort of thing? I'm worried I've got some bad muscle memory built up already, so this is something I'll need to deliberately work on to improve.

Something else I've been curious about. How do you guys move around the map yet stay ready to stop yourself and begin shooting when surprised by an enemy? I understand the concept of hitting the key opposite my movement to stop my momentum and reset my accuracy, but I'm almost ALWAYS moving at a diagonal when travelling around the map (holding W and A for example) because it allows me to maintain my distance from a corner while keeping my crosshair on it. What's the best way to counter strafe out of that to set myself up better when someone gets around that corner before I reach it? Do I need to hit two keys to stop my momentum (S and D)? Do people not spend as much time moving diagonally as I do?

It's just repetition.

It helped me to play with cl_crosshairstyle 3(or 4, whichever one is really really dynamic) with a dot. Use the dot to aim, the crosshair will be really wide while you're moving, and snap to the dot during the moments you're at 0 velocity. Using that crosshair you can learn to find the timing where you're perfectly accurate when youre barely stopped

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ArfJason posted:

1. John 5:7
But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'

sincerely, the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

pls unban

Hahaha

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
FIX YOUR RATES

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
:buddy:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Sens down, twice strong

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The classic BO2

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ArfJason posted:

well

guess thats enough videogames for a very long time

drat.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Up Circle posted:

is therea mechanical keyboard store i can practice on the different fruit flavored keys?

i would like to test blues and reds and greens and blacks and practice writing common phrases like hold b u loving retard or mushu is behind us idiots

if it is easier to type quickly and accurately on a red maybe i should look into that purchase

Get the browns

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Tirux posted:

So... is Valve really trying to stop hackers invading this game?

I really want to continue playing CS:GO but the hacking problem is absurd. Just got this in my last competitive match with this bullshit: https://clips.twitch.tv/tirux85/ElatedFishOneHand

And the hacker has been playing for more than 1,300 hours. wtf

Pretty sure people farm hours and sell the accounts haha

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Best bet is to leave those horrible kids and the awful wife

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
played some goonmans where i went 50-0 and then somebody got mad at me so i quit

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
1.15 800dpi

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Kehveli posted:

4.3@800 default csgo mouse accel curve & extreme angle snapping

:stare:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Not so long ago I saw Dave’s setup posted in some random part of the forums, I sent it to him on discord and he was very honored to be a meme

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Bohemian Nights posted:

A pro crosshair tip is that the crosshair you load into the game with is the one spectators will see, so if you change crosshairs after the game has started you can play with an ordinary crosshair while everyone else sees your obnoxiously huge and screen blocking trash

Lol when they first put in the spec crosshair thing, I played with a guy with a crosshair like that but sorta transparent. When I asked him about it he said “I play in 4K”. I’m still not sure whether that makes sense

E: I mean this thing was huuuuge, it took up about 3/4 of the screen. This was like day two after that update so i think he was really playing like that, but maybe he just figured out that trick before most other people.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 21, 2020

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I stopped playing for about a year or more was LE before, and then yeah played maybe once a week or less and my rank was absolutely tanked. I also suck now, but ya know...

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I mean I get that it can annoy people when some players don’t have or use a mic, but so many players get so tilted about it. A lot of the voice chatter in games is pointless stuff you end up mentally discarding anyways. Obviously some calls are great, but people go way fuckin overboard when the information they’re giving you is already obvious or wrong. And going on tilt because a player isn’t using a mic that much is worse than the player who’s staying relatively quiet.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I used to play with a centerish view model too it’s fun. Valve should do the same as shared crosshairs with specs to the viewmodels too. Gotta see what kinda psychos we’re dealing with.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
There’s another classic vid from a group that would get people to scrim on their server and they’d do goofy stuff like drive around in the func_vehicle forklifts and poo poo. Does anyone remember what that one was called?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Kehveli posted:

You haven't experienced peak counter-strike before you've been playing a pug, watching something that needs to be watched while knowing you also should be looking at flank because none of the other 3 players present will even throw a glance that way. But you won't, out of principle. Then you get killed from flank, knew it was coming so you're not even mad. Calmly say "flank" into coms, take your hands off kb+m and enjoy another bag of snus. Ah, perfection.

That’s right

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Woodenlung posted:

I'm back down to faceit lvl 7/8 hell, and some of the plays that happens here lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvfky4hLrs

Lol sick

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Restart steam

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
:allbuttons:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

"We've got exciting news. We've ported our 12 year old game to our 10 year old game engine."

U mad?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

knuthgrush posted:

Well I bought prime and tried to play online but it was super jittery. Part of it might be my Linux jank and garbage WiFi. I have a relatively stout computer but naturally my tinkering gets in the way. I'm getting over 120fps so it's either my WiFi or the mess of settings I tweaked with autoexec.cfg. I'll probably install it on my surface and see if its any better.

On the upside, nobody called my mother a whore yet. I was surprised by the 10v10 team sizes. Once I sort out the jitter, I'll see if the sub.io folks will cuss at me.

Idk about how it runs on Linux but these days I don’t think you really need to gently caress around much with the interp or other performance settings to minimize variance. It’s basically fine if you just download, customize your preference stuff and go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I played a grueling short match on train last night to get my rank back so I can get beta, only to lose 7-9. In a 1v1 the opp was under 5hp and my teammate crouch walked from Z all the way across B site, then just tried to stick defusing without even watching for the guy lol. Guy just completely gave up.

So I’ll have to try again tonight