Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Looking at all of the names on that video and also the map :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Cs2 is good!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think it feels great, but I’m having troubles in 1 on 1 engagements at long range. It feels like I just can’t loving hit them sometimes.

It probably has to do with my aim sucking since I haven’t played more than a couple of games in the past year, so im just complaining about being bad.

And yeah the Galil feels really drat good.

I really like abusing the smoke clearing from HE nades, you can get some quick kills when enemies are setting up behind a smoke and a teammate chucks a nade in.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Sep 28, 2023

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
No rubberbanding for me, except sometimes when I bump into a teammate sometimes there’s a little weirdness, nothing that actually affects anything.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m kinda pissed, have won 5 MM games so far, 3 of them were premier but it’s still saying 9 games to get a rank. No idea what the deal is, all of the people I played with have the same thing. These games were split over launch night and last night.

I guess it’s probably just a display thing, we’ll see.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Having a lot of fun so far, I am reinvigorated on CS!!! Been years since I’ve played this much and actually enjoyed it like this.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Cs2 lowkey copied valorant…

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Anyone know what a decent rating is lol?

I believe I went 10-2 in placements and got 3.7k.... I heard they lowered it since beta but that feels weird considering how the placements went. I'm on like a 8 game win streak.

E: it was a complete wipe right, like no CSGO mmr is included? If it is I guess that makes sense, I had a poo poo rank in GO because of years of alcoholism lol

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 2, 2023

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Good soup! posted:

glad you got your rank, face, lol

:cawg::cawg::cawg:

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ilmucche posted:

What is the spraying like in valorant? How is it different/the same?

In valorant sprays become random after x amount of bullets.

CS isn’t random, but I heard a theory that subtick makes it feel different each time. The idea is that depending on when you start firing, the shots might happen slightly delayed by a few ms. It can feel different each time depending on how far between ticks you are.

Obviously nobody loving knows, but given how shots do sometime seem delayed, it’s an interesting theory.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hbag posted:

why not just play comp and turn off the maps you don't want

Premier is the rank that people care about.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hello internet posted:

Is there any actual proof that walking with a knife is faster?

The only proof I can find online is "the pros do it". It doesn't seem like a 5 unit or whatever increase in speed is worth getting caught with your pants down

cl_showpos1 shows your movement velocity. I don’t remember if sv_cheats is required. But yes, knife out walking is faster.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

PirateBob posted:

Community server problem update:

Yesterday, CS2 was the only game for which the server browser was bugged, nothing showed up.

Today, CS2 servers show up, but they're all empty and all on de_mirage :confused:

Noob question: How do I get better at shooting? Should I learn the spray patterns of each often-used weapon? Should I start moving the crosshair downwards even during a quick burst? Sometimes it feels like the M4 and AK starts hitting above players' heads even on bullet 2 or 3.

Spend some time shooting long bursts/sprays at a close ish wall and just try to learn to make the bullets into as tight a grouping as you can.

You pull gradually down for the first 5-7 bullets, then usually want to move left for a bit, then some weapons you want to move to the right towards the end of the spray.

Once you’ve played enough and practiced enough it becomes muscle memory. Mostly I’d say to just practice with the AK, once that starts to get cemented you’ll be able to use the M4s better too.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Dongicus posted:

would love a bind for follow recoil. it's too distracting on ARs but for the mp9/mac10 it'd be pretty great

Bind a key to “toggle cl_crosshair_recoil true false”

What’s a good jump throw bind? I don’t think I get it perfectly alot of the time

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 8, 2023

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

PirateBob posted:

My question about why use smoke at long range wasn't answered, so I'll try again.

So, my noob understanding of smoke is that it increases the win chance of your team by blocking off some sniping spots/shooting corridors for the other team, and even blocks off the use of some routes, because the person running through smoke is at disadvantage when coming out of it, they'll be spotted slightly before they can spot the enemies on the other side?

You know smokes last a long time right?

An easy example is smoking Window on mirage from T spawn. You throw it from spawn and by the time it’s blooming you and your teammates are coming out top mid. This means window isn’t a threat so you can work your way up cat or connector. Plus you threw the smoke from a place where the enemies can’t see you, so you won’t get killed trying to throw it.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hbag posted:

im just trying to figure out how that arc even works. seems like itd just land behind those boxes at the other end, at best

Jump throws can go really far.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Yeah, if you’re gonna learn some set smokes I recommend just trying to learn a couple on each map, get to a point where you can throw them reliably in the moment to help your team. Don’t go crazy memorizing

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hbag posted:

remember that holding left click throws further than tapping left click, and if you right click you underhand throw it a couple feet in front of you

Yeah that’s wrong. Left click tap and hold throw the same distance. Holding both mouse buttons is a medium throw

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I played csgo on my MacBook a couple times and it’s pretty bad. Was also using my airpods for sound, and I found out Bluetooth audio without a dongle either is like 50+ms delayed and you can’t use voice, or it’s mono and sounds like a tin can

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Thom and the Heads posted:

Personally I'd love to only ever queue with other solo players. I despise playing with three stacks that are clearly all just talking in discord or whatever.

Yeah it really sucks. We always use in game voice if it’s not a full stack but most people do not give a poo poo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

PirateBob posted:

It's also wide open to abuse. I don't know if this is just in casual mode, but there you can spectate both teams when you're dead and see where everyone is with x-ray. I believe it's called 'ghosting' when you give your voice chat buddy the locations of the enemies.

Umm yeah that’s not the case in competitive lol

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I wish spraying wasn’t so incredibly bad now. If I don’t kill someone in the first 4 bullets or so and I don’t pause to reset, I die every single time. Used to be pretty good at spraydowns in GO.

I also would like some economy adjustments, MR12 makes CT side pretty rough, where on T you maybe need to save like once.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Yeah they just did that for fun. I saw another clip with giant chickens walking around on dust2

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Infernot posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/17c7qzq/packet_loss_out_of_order_packets_and_a_comparison/k66e3yo/

Interesting insight into CS2's networking from a Valve employee who's been helping out with CS2 recently. He's the one that got dogpiled a week or two ago for some remarks about locking your FPS to 120 when someone complained about performance drops. He's a saint for continuing to interact with the community. He also gave a beta branch code for anyone to try who have been having packet loss issues. I found this part of his post a bit concerning:

I can only assume that the increased information that subtick has brought is the main culprit behind the increase in bandwidth usage. I'm excited that subtick's accuracy is so much better in terms of hit registration and all that, but it seems like CS2's networking overall is in a bit of a weird place with all the issues people have been posting about since release. Even some pros at IEM Sydney said it didn't feel right on LAN.

Also there's a rumor going around that workshop support is coming this week or within the next few weeks (Valve time and all that), I really need my surfing back Volvo. :argh:

Lol that choice of words “I believe it is planned” makes me mad. Fuckers

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

PirateBob posted:

Is the only way to get cool items/skins to pay to open a box that *might* have something you want? Can't believe they get away with this loving lootbox bs

Valve invented the loot crate.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hbag posted:

personally i think its good that the oneshot hitscan gun is harder to use now

It’s not. You can beat an awp just fine if you’re not loving bad. This mechanic is stupid.

Has anyone confirmed if rifles also do this? Because it would kinda explain some things. I doubt they are effected but just curious.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

wait so unless im missing somethign with csgo turned off and no workshop support in cs2 theres no way to play surf or kz maps? Booooooo

Ya, and with no support for game plugins, even if you can load the maps no surf plugins for restart commands time tracking etc. it’s fuckin dumb

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
We had a streak of a few days where almost every game was sus… Started wondering if someone’s trust factor was low or something lmao. Been trying to get from 9.5 to 10k for a couple days now but the games haven’t been too fishy.

Idk we’ll see, if we start running into more cheaters I wouldn’t be surprised if we move to faceit. gently caress valve for just being ok with letting third parties run the only halfway decent matchmaking and letting theirs rot.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Yeah, goofing off on wacky maps and 24 player servers was the majority of my time when I originally got into the game, they really need to get plugins working for community servers and just generally support the game better

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Just played a couple MM games and didn’t notice any server issues, luckily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Nuke is good.