Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

goldblums eyes posted:

So I've only played ~5 DM games of cs... Lol gently caress

I'm sorry that you've decided to join CSGO. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Edit: Also let me be the first to welcome you on behalf of our dear leader Gaben
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqzgTWhbT6A

sterster fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Curious if anyone has speculation on what happens when you get kicked by a team after the last round. I was playing with a lovely 3 man group after 1 person abandoned on the 1st round. After 2nd fragging the whole game and dealing with their constant comments after they were dead.
'Yellow lost that round for us'
'Yellow go back to COD'
'Yellow you suck so bad'
'OMG yellow you're spray' etc etc etc...
And doing my best to ignore it. I finally snapped towards the end of the match and told them to just kick me. They all loving suck etc. It really hurt my feelings guys :'(

Anywho, they kicked me after the last round. Curious if the round still counts or not. It shows up in my recent plays.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Wanted to come here and say a huge thank you to. Blue Man. Seriously. He's taking some basic gn1 plebs and trying to turn us into something better. Unfortunately I can't rank up to save my life even though I've only lost 1 and tied another of my past 8 games :iiam:

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Ixtlilton is a cool dude, and we actually have a solid GN team going with him leading. I was Silver 2-3 before I started playing with him.

You'll rank soon Ster, I feel it in the air. (Just stop pushing so hard!!)

How else can I push the other team's poo poo in?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

...Oh my God.

Operation VACation

Please Valve.

This would be amazing.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

Could someone do me a favour and look at my autoexec and tell me what I'm missing?

I had this that I miss typed once as FOV stuff. But it moves the model. It was stollen from Bohemian Nights.

viewmodel_presetpos "0"
viewmodel_offset_x "0"
viewmodel_offset_y "0"
viewmodel_offset_z "-2"

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Nuke crashes the game for me every time I try to play it.
The jump to marshmallow is non existent.
I haven't even made it down stairs because the map keeps crashing on me.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Scroll wheel for the win! Also left, left, right man!

Edit: gbots holding their own more then I expected.

sterster fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 19, 2016

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

More than anything that's my point. I don't really care about my rank, but I'm not going to waste my time and the frustration of dealing with people like that on my own team.

Hell I'd take 4 Mr. Pinks because he doesn't try to get you kicked from the game and try to vote kick you every round. Dealing with the odd greifer is not worth having the little digital bar fill up a tic or two so that it displays a different set of colors after enough tics happen.

Report them and try to queue up with awesome people like me and other goons who MM. steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of a site that sounds similar to this. It allows you to select what inventory you have and simulate a trade up contract. Giving you what possible outcomes you have and what % of getting said things and possible skin qualities. Tried googling a bunch but nothing seemed to work.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Think of the advertising. You'd get S&M stickers for your R8. Tons of Army Commercials for awesome CT side plays. It'd be a nightmare.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

NtotheTC posted:

I got MM'ed with a 4 stack just now, one of them got salty because I didn't drop him the AWP I picked up the previous round and as a collective they decided to kick me mid-way through the last round (after I carried them to 15-4 and had gotten 2 kills in the last round). I was under the impression that you couldn't kick people in the last rounds? But I guess they changed that. I'd be annoyed if that actually didn't count as a win for me.

On a another whining note, the F1 key on my keyboard is entirely broken, and Valve in their infinite wisdom seemingly still don't allow you to rebind the vote keys, meaning I can never vote yes on anything. I get that this is a problem that's going to affect < 0.0001% of the population, but it's still annoying as hell. Maybe Valve will pay for a new keyboard. Probably come to less than the development work.

Are you Kn1ght?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
NACS pls

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

harrygomm posted:

freak in his stupid gunnars is killing me

Be careful bullying him. You might have to make a public apology.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Is this going to be a new boost gate? I didn't think you were allowed to do 3 person boost?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
:wtc: My heart can't take this

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Esl is replaying the tempo/navi overpass match right now. its 0-6 right now -http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Ixtlilton posted:

Got my first ever 1v5 ace clutch today. And they weren't even dicking around. :feelsgood:

It was good stuff maybe someone can throw a video together from the demo *cough slurps cough*. I would but I don't have recording software and I'm not fancy with the computers.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Up Circle posted:

you can get a link for the demo by checking the watch page and post that in here.

Yeah, but no one will watch 2 min of a demo compared to a 2 min youtube video. And I like to give slurps poo poo so there's that too.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
round 28 is the ace steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-8Xh47-qr3ze-abbbn-xHABq-mNcqA

Thanks circle.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Brilliant. Don't the players get a cut of the money from stickers? He's probably going to earn a lot. I want one and I only have cute girl stickers on my guns.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

BehindDennys posted:

Bah! These are all right click kills BTW

Does the sticker rotate with the cylinder? Because if not this game is broken.
Did a quick google search everything checks out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXAei3IzDA

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

MF_James posted:

hey dude that was too far man.

I like how he was super pumped was going to yell it, then thought about it for a few seconds, then yelled it anyway.

I think he was actually pausing to make sure that the defuse was going to happen or that the game was truly over. At this point I don't think he actually knew what he was going to say. Until he lifted his head again and with all his nerd glory spouted the most insulting thing he could muster.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Had an interesting night in casual trying to farm for a fake gold coin.

First server 2/3 hackers I assume. Becuase they kept posting in chat where to buy hacks and had the 'clan tag' as the same website. Bought Negevs and just started shooting me as soon as the round started. 1 would shoot he'd start to reload and the other would shoot. This means you can't move. Okay gently caress this poo poo. Disconnect. Try again. Oh guess what same server.

Was working on the use an enemy's gun and get X kills. Was in a map with 3 other people 2v2 + bots is awesome to get this going. Had gotten about 10 kills for the mission. It's close to finishing the game. Kill 4 people, can't find the last guy/ want to save the rifle to continue on my mission/ fail to plant. Guy vote kicks me after round finish. What a cock sucker.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

metallicaeg posted:

I need to hit you up for some of the co-op missions

I don't know who you are. You people who use different names form your forums and ingame. I'm going to guess aborn? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Demostrs posted:

its a dirty game KKona its a dirty world KKona i beat astralis like a pregnant girl KKona aint no tellin what i do for that paper KKona but when it comes to betting skins i've got a major

You selling all these back to the community? Or offering discounts to goons?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Demostrs posted:

hmmmm, you know, i've never thought about selling directly to goons. i've always just done opskins and called it a day. i might actually be able to offer a small discount from the prices they have, but it may not be anything too significant. probably around 7% off of what the average price is there, maybe more if you buy in bulk. if you or anyone else is interested, hit me up on my steam profile (https://steamcommunity.com/id/Demostars/) and i can give you a quote

I don't have any real spending money. Was just looking at the cheaper skins. Maybe awp or tech 9 or something similar. I just like having something to look at that's not base skin. Or could trade you for equally cheap skin. Freinded.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Demostrs posted:

hmmmm, you know, i've never thought about selling directly to goons. i've always just done opskins and called it a day. i might actually be able to offer a small discount from the prices they have, but it may not be anything too significant. probably around 7% off of what the average price is there, maybe more if you buy in bulk. if you or anyone else is interested, hit me up on my steam profile (https://steamcommunity.com/id/Demostars/) and i can give you a quote

10/10 would buy skins from again.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

nftyw posted:

A whole bunch and then a lot less because now everything is factory new and holds much less value and makes them less money on the market. Battle-Scarred becomes the new expensive.

Just make it a tiered system with a very high value for FN. So your gun goes up 1 skin condition based on reaching a level. Say BS -> WW needs 200 kills. WW -> Field tested needs 500 and just make MW -> FN like 1000 or 1200 kills during the operation with that gun.
A 1000 loving kills. I feel like that would take a whole lot of DM. During an operation period. Or maybe make it viable on casual/mm. Why am I spending time thinking this out?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Demostrs posted:

I WOKE UP IN A NEW BUGATTI

How do you....what do you...? drat dude.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Apparently ^

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Mukaikubo posted:

I'm still trying to get placed (but it'll likely be GN1/GN2, given that I massacre everyone at high silvers, am middle of the pack in GN1/GN2 games, and barely cling to not being worthless at the high gold novas in my placement games) and in about 1/3-1/2 of the MM games I play there's a blatant cheater or multiple people who drop after losing the pistol round.

Someday I'll be good enough to use one of these third party doohickeys and have a good player base to play with. :smith:

Come play with the GN crew! http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972321082

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Mukaikubo posted:

The goonman 5v5s are actually not that frustrating even when I'm getting a mudhole stomped in me save for the times where, after I die, I ask myself "What did I gently caress up and how could I have made a kill there" and I don't understand what happened well enough to have an answer. If I can see how I'm loving up, I'm a lot happier, because that means I can work on it.
Sometimes the answer is bad luck. Not always but sometimes. Or it's, you need to hit a hs. But like I said, sometimes it's bad luck.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Smoke/Mollys/Flashes for everything. Quick and easy gifs.

http://www.thewarmup.net/

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

ArfJason posted:

this major has drops!?

Yes. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/03/13816/

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
This is basically how I throw my corner smoke. It's consistent. Doesn't take long to setup.
Run to the shadow for the power line that goes overhead.
Stop on the shadow.
Line up the open edge of the right door with the middle of the arch thing inside. Just like this picture.
Go straight above and inline with the edge of the door to the height of the light off to the right.
Throw.
Keep running & get some kills.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
If you get a drop from the stream can you see it in your inventory via web. Or do I have to boot Go first and see the message that I have new item. Then click 'okay'?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Kuros posted:

You should be able to see it from the Steam Client itself.

I assume this means steam web login will also work. I'm @ my work computer so can't install steam but can log in via web.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
This is a lot of CS. Jesus. 48 rounds of CS. Also Gaben Plox, case drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Also at this rate. They will still be playing games when I get home from work.