Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Yes yes yes yes yessssssss

I started playing this a few months back but never really got into it, so I've been hoping for an LP of it. The fact that it's the continuing adventures of Chokes just makes it even better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
It's that new strain of warm-blooded snow wasps.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

Everyone loves loot!

Especially Mephistos and Phantoms!

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I always liked the Abigail Williams look they went for with the witch.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I notice the Witch is an Enchantress now on the status screen. Do your minions have class changes as they level up?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
<obligatory hanging chads joke>

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
At least the glitch wasn't that the puzzle was unsolvable and therefore you couldn't proceed, I guess.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Glazius posted:

His only regret is that he didn't get to chop enough things?

Have we ever stopped to consider that, in fact, we may be the heroes?

That was the direction that Wizardry IV eventually took. There was no real way to unambiguously win and still be evil.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. If you look at the stills, you can see the padlocks on the chains. It's literally a callback to the ghost of Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol, although I'm pretty sure it was part of legend before then. It's neat!

I'm just going to imagine that the chains have big metal lockboxes on the ends and Ziggy's using those to brain his opponents.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
This is a good LP despite the lack of Sternn.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Wait, did we even find any weird rear end puppet parts this time?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure the ones from the Puppet Master movies fed off of brain fluid or something like that.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Glazius posted:

We have mostly fought humans and ghosts of humans so far, haven't we? Wonder if the endgame is going to skew toward monsters geased or turned by the power of the prison.

Or one of the heroes is an angel or something.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Picayune posted:

The game is cool and all--and the LP is great--but sometimes I just want to beat up the game's script with a red pen and a trunk full of punctuation marks. Argh. :v:

That's how you know they're evil.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

>=(

Alright, I'll edit that back in as the Director's Cut or something. Like I said, I swear I clicked on everything but the game gets really sneaky with some of its triggers.

e: Oh for poo poo's sake. The "Search" bubble doesn't appear until you're right up on it.

If it makes you feel any better, I just started playing the game again and spent fifteen minutes trapped in the first hallway (yes, the one outside your cell) because I couldn't get Search to appear on any of the doors.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Just take a page out of the book of Hugo Award nominated author Chuck Tingle. :v:

"Pounded in the Butt by Vlad the Impaler Frankenstein's Monster David Bowie The Raging Bull"

oh god it works :magical:

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 19, 2016

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

While approved, I'm pushing right up against the edge of the rules, so let's all remember this is the Let's Play Paper Sorceror thread and not the "Chokes McGee Presents Chokes McGee's Tainted by Chokes McGee." A page or two of "hay this is neat" is okay but I'm going to get an update out pretty soon and I expect you to all go back to talking about the game. Okay? Okay!

Other than that have at it, and please leave a review if you like it! That kind of thing is solid gold for self published authors so it's infinitely appreciated it. If you don't like it then never to talk me again you jerk!!

What if we plug your LP in the reviews? :iamafag:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

UmbreonMessiah posted:

What about Canada, good sir? :)

Now you're just making up countries.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I'm just waiting for the part where Dispel Party unsummons the entire team. :getin:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

FeyerbrandX posted:

It isn't your block yet. A couple weeks away from home and the Wasps may have started legal proceedings citing imminent domain.

Didn't the Bundys just try that and the judge threw it out?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

ManxomeBromide posted:

The master's pretty dumb too. I mean, has there ever been a documented case of wishing for more wishes ever working?

Actually as a kid I read a book about the same premise, about some kid who discovers the same loophole (in fact, I think I learned the word "loophole" from that book). It comes back to bite him in the end, though, because eventually he needs to use all three wishes to save the town and the genie is too exhausted from all the other wishes to comply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

I confess that this is the first time I've looked at MrYar's avatar closely enough to tell what it was.

• Locked thread