Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They're pretty god-damned ridiculous. I watched the video on the node exploits from a month or two before I started and was shocked to find out that most of these people had already been banned before for the same bug and Kakao never fixed anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I basically just have whispers/party/guild on in all chatboxes, items looted in another, then a third where only messages containing both alienwares and traps are seen

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Koi

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah kzarka isn't that tough. An important thing to look at is your damage reduction and total renown score because higher rs gives you percentage damage reduction.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I get chunked for 1500-2000 by karandas basic attacks when in my cooking clothes

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I am still entertained by this game

stump collector
May 28, 2007
My new alt is named CronPearlman so I'm fully qualified to say that there are several use cases for lighting your money on fire optimally

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Also I got Tet on around five or fewer attempts on all but my last item which took over 25 attempts so your math is pretty close. Some of these Reddit dickheads are claiming that pen is a 20 percent chance but I'm pretty sure a closer guess is 5 percent.

Making the math more confusing, there's some value in failing cron pen attempts in our version because I believe you get a caphras level every three tries which can be worth it to bust into the next AP bonus

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Minclark posted:

I downloaded BDO in order to see jiggle physics. I think I may be switching to BDO from eve online. Any suggestions for a new valk?

Play mystic is the best suggestion I can provide for that class at the moment. Other than witch, wizard, striker, and mystic, it seems that most classes are bad for pvp and pve and/or extremely gear/level/skill points dependent.

Valkyrie has a cool kit so I'd just try to pick up as much of the question free gear as you can and enjoy the game without worrying about being competitive

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You can check a box so that you don't collect trash anywhere you decide to fish. Velia is 2nd to grana. It's much less worth doing grana fishing if you don't have a lot of cp to connect the nodes at least to altinova

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you have trouble getting to 56 get in the discord and you can probably find someone to leech xp from for a few minutes

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They already resolved it I guess

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I will defeat mender

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's worth giving shadow arena and the new boss content a shot. About six months ago, koreas anniversary event gave out a bunch of free* accessories, up to tri, and na/eu are coming up on three years next week.

*You had to enhance free items or something and you would get to keep the good version each week or something

**No telling if they will give other servers the same event

stump collector
May 28, 2007
That's not typical, people are having issues with downloading it lately through the launcher. I'm a dirty steamie though so I haven't had issues myself

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The free tri accessory event* started today. I'm not going to do a huge write up but check out patch notes. For four weeks you get to enhance event accessories and trade them in for real ones. Great event check it out

stump collector
May 28, 2007
save your cron stones for pen attempts by the way

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Most of the class discords are complete poo poo for advice beyond skill builds and combos, by the way. Up until a couple months ago the official dk discord was basically an advertisement for reroll coupons.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I think it's because the gear curve is infinite now, whereas early on once you hit level 55 and had +15 gear there was nothing to do but pvp

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lifeskill update: September 4th!*

*Tbd

stump collector
May 28, 2007
As far as I know, lifeskilling on Xbox is pretty much dead, so possibly the best way to make money could be through imperial cook/alchemy sales. Use bdodae.com as a reference for crafting stuff. Also, it's good to have your fishing character(s) stop at level 49 so that you can fish outside of safe zones. If you get into farming, have that be something that you do specifically on one character.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

SweetBro posted:

I saw this game had recent very positive reviews on steam. Does that mean they removed the RNG clusterfuck that is end-game gear grind?

There's even more rng clusterfuck action because there are a bunch of lifeskilling tools and gear to enhance now. But I feel like the game is more accessible than I ever expected, at least for playability through the new questlines. Many good to great qol changes have been made in the past year but the endgame endless gear slog is still there.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You have to do guild missions for xp. There is no max after you earn all the skills

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah you basically won't know how the game works until you're reading the patch notes each week. Even then I still find myself clueless on a few of the basic game mechanics. For example, I didn't know how to start sailing out of port epheria so I haven't used my boat in months. Someone else in my guild explained to me that you have to click on some weird new UI element that's mostly hidden on my screen to raise or lower your sails, dependent on the wind/current.

Naturally I haven't gone back to my boat since, as this is too much work for a lifeskill I never liked anyway.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lahn is the best low gear class out of those three and she can fly. I think she has pretty good sustain and probably has the best base stats out of the three.

I main DK and the succession is weird. It feels overtuned for PVP and worse in several grindspots in PVE. I like it though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Arthil posted:

It seems a little weird to tell someone new to the game to completely avoid the best places to grind. Better to scout it out quick and then go to town as per usual, and if someone wants to be a jackass they can enjoy the penalty for killing you. More specifically almost every spot I have been in was marked on the map in some way. Unless you expect them to grind on random beetles/deer/buffalo instead.

What's this referring to

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Fried Sushi posted:

Thinking of picking this up on sale, any classes to stay away from for a pve focus? Reading reddit and official forums it seems everything but Warrior and Sorceress is crap, but that's pretty standard for those sources.

But sounds like balance might be all over the place with all the awakening and succession stuff so just didn't want to choose something and regret it.

Tried the Guardian a bit on a trial and had some cool stuff but might be interested in something with faster animations too.

play whatever looks cool to you. i think you should go after succession classes because they take fewer skill points to be monster pve classes

Arthil posted:

There's all kinds of spots with wild animals rather than packs of threatening enemies. What you'd kill to gather meat and stuff, or do the hunting stuff.

yeah i thought this was strange starting out. i gathered lions for an hour or two yesterday and it was suuuuuuuuuuper good

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah, home channel is serendia 4 if you want an invite. There's a guild discord too if you want to ask questions there. See the OP for invite link.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Everything is good now

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The list is insanely long but for starters you should pick up the daily scroll bundle from the loyalty shop for the next two weeks, then make sure you run them with a party of gamers because they're valuable.

Fourth anniversary events are starting and they will probably give away a bunch of poo poo so it's a good time to be a bdo gamer.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
until i saw these all put together i had no idea how many good qol changes were made this year. good stuff.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
There's no level cap...but essentially levels are pretty hard to come by after 61. I'd suggest trying more characters, or trying out some life skills. Also, there's nothing wrong with playing it and moving on, and maybe coming back for new content. They've been doing a really good job with QOL changes and smoothing out the lovely progression.

Also, starting next week*, they're going to give out a tri boss set that can't be enhanced, so you can feel free to sell that or keep it if it's an upgrade / you want to play alts. Personally I'll probably sell the armor and keep weapons to try out a new class to me.

*It's happened on every other bdo server but na/eu didn't patch it in this week or announce it but kakao sometimes lags behind on events for whatever reason

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's more art than martial

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Jumping in on lifeskills chat to say that lucky or magical tools are generally better than mastery tools (loggia, dottster, manos) until about 600-650 mastery, then you should pivot to at least a tri loggia tool. They're pretty easy to get, if patient, and good for the money.

However, green and blue grade lifeskill gear is NOT cost-effective to enhance. If you want to enhance any lifeskill tools or clothes it should be on manos gear. It will take longer to see the return on your investment, so I'd suggest buying lucky/magical tools until you decide you like lifeskilling enough to invest in the gear.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
There are a few siege guilds with many players famous for paying pilots and never playing the game, except for posting their gear scores and ERPing in calpheon 2 I guess. Most of the people who are 700 gearscore are incredibly bad but I guess 50-100k on selling costumes makes you pretty tough to deal with

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Absolutely better than it was. The time before the Central market was absolutely loving horrible for casual players to progress in any meaningful way as all of the best items were never listed because everyone knew the caps were dogshit and you lost money by doing so. Now things are different and if you can understand the market you can buy and sell specific items and make a profit without playing / p2winning an obnoxious amount

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'd still say it's better because you can put in orders for pearl shop items now like the value packs. I didn't play back in the early days before value packs were in the game, so..it's better than it was in mid 2017 I guess.

The two best consistent long term moneymaking activities in the game are imperial cooking and crate tradeins, which don't need a valuepack running.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 3, 2020

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Generally you just have to get a new set of weapons. You can transfer all four armors and six accessories. Classes like warrior/Valkyrie and striker/mystic share main hands and subweapons, but most weapons are somewhat unique. All awakening weapons are unique to one class.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You get one energy per hour when offline. Not very big, I guess. You also earn a daily pay based on your family fame and if you logged off to take a long break or whatever you'd get paid your bonus per x days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Pretty much. There are a total of two group grind zones in the game. A few of the new updates plan to implement roughly three to five new group zones, but they're all for really high geared players.