Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
did you turbo nerds decide on a guild name yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
do you nerds wanna play with the server with pvpers or the rpers

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

lewtt posted:

So here's Seal Team 96:
ohsosad
kojicolnair
alexander delarge
tadders
LumberingTroll
Stanleypain
markkei
dirtyfalcon
redtonic
kimsemus
fat and useless
bored grunt
kiffetastic
dancingshade - Mostly Harmless
stormgale
sirbuddha
mikesaysno
taran
kalstrams
amergin
beo
codekeeper
appliedphilosophy
Mirk
Lewtt

ADDED:
Orty
Kyuzo
RunandGun
Dunkan - Dunkah
Killtrash - Aleeni Malac
Dryzen
Quake
Von Bonez

If your name isn't in here and you'll be with us in 5 hours, quote this post and I'll add you to the list.

We have a lot of cash cows, so we'll have to get at least a 3 guild missions done in the first day so we can get ALL of us 96ers in. when servers go up, ill be in mumble in the BDO channel. I may have to temporarily remove some of you to bring in other goons who have energy to spend on the gathering missions. Don't assume something bad happened if you get kicked; just message me whenever i'm on (lewtt)

So when the servers come up: SAVE YOUR ENERGY. Accept your daily reward that you get every time you log in, and save your loyalty points up.
If you are in a rush for something, you can spend loyalty points on energy restoration potions.
You can use your housing coupons for a bed which gives +3 energy every 3 minutes. Normal Beds are +2/3m.

Talk to ALL npcs who have a "?" on the minimap to increase your energy reserve. Follow the black spirit storyline to get your free donkey, and when enough people have gotten that far, I should be able to up the clan to a guild and start inviting. After about two hours in, I'll check our energy reserves for starting the gathering mission.

We get 90 minutes to gather whatever the mission tells us to get. Usually its like 80 maple and ash, but sometimes it can be 300 pine. All that matters is you GATHER it during the quest. It doesn't care what you do with it afterwards. When the guild mission completes, I turn it in, and all of you get payed out in silver based on how much you contributed to that mission. It's a LOT early on, so seriously, If I start a guild mission, hop straight to that poo poo.

I probally won't be on in 3 hours with you nerds but Ill but be up early tomorrow

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Do your workers show up for other people? I don't think so, or some places would be teeming with them.

I think it only shows your guildmates... Ive seen other goons workers walking around town and in the nodes

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

silver goons dont know what they are missing

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
you fucken nerds just delete your logs folder, open up a cmd where C is your spinning hard drive and E is where the logs folder is and type mklink /d /j "E:\Programs\BDO\Log" C:\logs\bdo

i tried and it didnt work

ioneye fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 17, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

drat the world is huge

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

kalstrams posted:

This is what has been implemented so far - (n)ow, (M)ediah, and (V)alencia.

what about the south continent and all the islands in the north

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

jdfording posted:

Loving the game so far. Is there some way to turn off all the guild war spam and item selling spam that pops up on top of the screen every 10 seconds?

Check your notifications options

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

LordAdakos posted:

So what are the good moneymaking schemes these days besides AFK fishing?
(How do I turn energy / contribution points into silver)

Sunflower Crates?
Mushroom Crates?
Generic Trade Good Wagon Runs?
Plywood manufacturing?

I make steel crates in Epheria Port, sell it at Heidel city, make special sunflowers crates at heidel, and sell it back at Epheria, then go afk fishing and wait till I have enough mats to make steel crates again.

Oh and good thing I saved all my seal and stones. Probably have over 100 of it. Doesnt matter, Ill still hit 40 failstacks to upgrade to a +8, this is why I have so many in the first place cuz I just gave up

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

YOTC posted:

jesus did you hit max - karma?

we are at war vs them so no karma loss

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

kalstrams posted:

Maybe Ioneye, I don't remember people's names well. I remember a nondescript amount of tier 2 scroll(s) remaining, and some very bad excuse, after someone nagged them for bailing out early, that went along the lines "well it will take us 5 hours to get to the witch from altar imp" or something.

Got to leave? Fine, just do it, you live with your family, not people from your video game guild. Not going to bash about planning time etcetera since poo poo happens, just don't invent ridiculous poo poo if you want to go. Also, leave the loving party if you are the loving party leader, Ioneye or whoever was that.

Hi, wasn't me. How dare you tarnish my good name

ioneye fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 2, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

The Quake posted:

Actually found a better one. This one will get you 300~ accumulated favor and 70~ maximum favor level.

Try this one, it's even better

ioneye fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 2, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Look what I caught, too bad its only worth 1.2k silver

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
My only gank was 1 guy kill me in the Hexe Sanctuary, saying this was his "spot"... which right after everyone in the zone ganged up on him and he left

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

fletcher posted:

Can I make some decent coin by catching fish in Velia (or somewhere else?) and then selling it further inland somewhere like Glish?

I catch my afk fish on the epheria hotspot, I then go to altinova to sell, its a good +50% distance bonus. I also get the bargain bonus... I think my best run was something like 1.2 million silver, not too bad for doing absolutely nothing.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
how many of you turbo nerds are gonna reroll the plum and blader

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I have somewhat decent gear but my jewelery is poo poo, no luck with witch earings or mark of shadows

ioneye fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 14, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Here's a hot spot(i think) I've been using the past few days.

don't share with goontang they dont reciprocate.

It's the hotspot Ive been using since the beginning of the game. If you sell your catch at Altinova you get a 50% bonus

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I got a tier 6 Female, 5 black and tier 5 male 2 black who will be ready to f*ck in a day or two. If I get a tier 7 Ill start selling my t6 collection to goons

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Gearing your gear to +15 is really loving easy, I had all 15s a few days after I hit 50 and Im casual as they come. And I already have a few alts with some decent failstacks ready to go once they raise that cap.

Enchanting accesorries, though, gently caress that. I got a couple of MOS and witches earrings in my bank that I'm way too much of a pussy to enchant, and there's no way I would even PRI an ogre ring if I managed to get one.

But at least if you play casually and get some money, you can buy all the gear from the marketplace.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
There's another thing I would like to bring up... can we not get wardeced senselessly by the top guilds just for the fun of it? poo poo I like being the assholes on the server like any other game, but most of the people on the guild isn't level 55 with PRI and DUOs and getting curb stomped isn't any fun.

Fighting vs noob guilds like reckoning and disposable heroes is fun and all, but we had something like 15 wardecs vs us last night. Say goodbye to doing world bosses if we somehow end up pissing off veritas.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Actually it's not even me, I hate doing world bosses besides the guild scrolls, and I've yet to get killed (killed a few though) when I farm for MoSs, Earings, etc. I do enjoy killing people, specially since apparently witches and wizards are the worst 1v1 class in the game but I gently caress people up 1v1 just fine and can even hold my own 2v1 if there isn't a sorcerer around. It's just the sentiment of some people I've been talking to.

ioneye fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 2, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I did it

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Rothsfeld is killed by an ogre

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Some thoughts about last nights pvp fight:

Be on loving mumble.

Follow directions.

Make sure to have some money for pots and repair and horse revive. Had to run to Heidel to stock up and repair :(

Dont group up, or wizards will wreck your poo poo. Spread the gently caress out

Group with a wizard/ranger and feed him rage. A 200% meteor with 140 AP will 1 shot players with less than 130dp. Wizards cast your protected area before going in for the extra
resistance/dp

Ignore valkyries, berserkers and warriors in the frontline. The other melee classes will get insta gibbed when caught in a knockdown or stun so go nuts.

Dont be caught walking around by yourself.

Get better gear. Honestly if you been playing at least from day 1 there's no reason to have at least all +15s and some MoS and WE. If you honestly need more hunters seals to get to +15 I''ll gladly to let people leech in my group if I start one up. Gear is everything in this game, a bad player with good gear will kill a good player with bad gear.

Batphone ParksNRec for more numbers.

If Lewtt says drop everything you are doing and get to X spot for pvp, then loving do it. Why the gently caress be in the guild at all

Buy Serendia specials and Melee/magic/ranged AP enhancers. Drink your rum. That makes a huge difference, specially for classes like wizards who has huge % attack modifiers. Have some in your inv in case of instantaneous pvp fight like last night

Sick on the enemie's wizards/rangers. If there's someone targeting me I can't do poo poo.

Berserkers are awesome with their lion king grapple move for assisting and stuff. Kill the gently caress if you see a zerker grapple someone

Last night was the most fun Ive had in this game yet so I hope we get more organized fights.

Pass it along to your non goon friends in the guild

ioneye fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 10, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Yeah boss scrolls will be your #1 source of stones. I have something like 600 stones in my bank, and I'm pretty casual... Finally hit level 53 yesterday, not that level makes that big of a difference compared to gear.

Make sure you spend all your loyalty points on scrolls. Each scroll you have is worth like 10 hunter seals, plus the black spirit dailies you should be getting like 100 seals a week.

also attend the guild boss scrolls. Sometimes we have like 4 scrolls and each drops like 7 seals so that's like almost 30 right there.

Oh and is the XL scrolls even worth it? Seems like we get better drops with small and medium scrolls

ioneye fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 10, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
lewtt log in and update my contract to 1000 days

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I'm asking who Goontang's officers are, you dingus

Whats your character name? Ill toss you an invite when im on.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
We should probably merge guilds. Theres still active people at goontang, but as many as a couple of months ago.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
ParksNrecs joined in and now we at war with 20 other guilds, goontang used to be a peaceful guild

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Asciana posted:

I've been off on holiday and I come back to this. Guess i'll grind my witch up unguilded and then see where I go. I'm not a massive fan of PvP and much prefer the life skill stuff so I'll need to find a guild to suit.

Same, not a huge fan of pvp, that's why Im still in Goontang for the time being, will probally join everyone at the other guild once Valencia is out and I have good gear.

But there's no point staying unguilded though. Goontang still has the +5 ap, +4 acc, +60 hp +2 fishing +2 gathering bonus, and I undeced all the wars for now. I can still invite people so, so just msg ioneye and I'll toss you an invite.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
um does this mean i can spam magic missiles indefinitely

ioneye fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 15, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Leader was hacked, kicked everyone out from the guild, so they dont show up at the rankings anymore since you need at least 20 people. Why the hacker didn't just disband the guild, I dont know. He attempted to delete all his characters also, but he got his account back and stopped the 24h timer.

Not much damage was done other than halve everybody's contribution points.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Im not on Goontang anymore so lewtt needs to make one of the people there an officer

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Asciana posted:

Is there any confirmed information about what affects a workers chance to be promoted?

Did you say your hail mary x 20 to rngesus?

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
I think I duo'ed all my equipment without any fails. It was super easy, only took 2 weapon stones and 8 armor stones.

I just didn't realize when you fail to TRI you go back to PRI... I was trying to TRI my stuff and I never realized my poo poo went back to PRI when I failed, and it ate my 40+ failstacks like 3 times before I realized wtf was going on and wasted my stacks.

Patch hasnt even been out for more than 24 hours and people are expecting to have all TETS. The equipment that will get right now will hold you over for the next couple of months so whats the loving hurry.

But yeah I'm avoiding PVP for the time being.

I havent touched my offhand yet, I guess that will be my next project

ioneye fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 30, 2016

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Bushwhacked posted:

I'm still playing and having fun. Been in Flex for the past few weeks. Lots of interesting battles against the giant Orwen alliance in Node/Siege wars.

Random question, has anyone had issues getting the Lv. 40 life skill advancement quests from the black spirit? I'm at the required skill of prof 9 in alchemy/cooking/gathering and he stopped giving me the quests after the Lv. 37 advancement one. Want dem sharp/hard shard rewards.

Edit: Just kidding, looks like the req is prof 10 according to someone who has completed them. Even though all of the sites with the quest requirements say prof 9.

you in flex? you need to join discord so we can talk poo poo about our sperg guilds together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Demiurge4 posted:

Is the goon guild active? Last few pages alluded to drama but I have a good handle on the game now so I'm considering moving to NA.

We are all in different guilds but we are hanging out here http://discordapp.com/invite/y6PcMuR