Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

CountingWizard posted:

Actual psa: Don't claim your Maewha tokens. Just log out and back in after every refresh. You can claim them all at once. They do not stack and you need 15 of them which can be alot of inventory.

I think I may already have hosed up getting 15, by never logging out of my tamer and triggering the new day's seal drop. I have two so far. You only need 12 for the hawk though, and that's what matters :skink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Welcome to a month ago?!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
2 days have already passed for this event.

Do you guys not know what time zones are.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Bashez posted:

See, this makes me feel a lot better about it. I was under the impression that afk fishing would generate 2-3 hours worth of money.

I use a steel fishing rod, fish in a less well known hotspot to avoid getting killed and make more like 700k-1mil overnight, and again while I am at work. Grinding is definitely more profitable but having a decent passive income is really nice. Before the price dropped, I would also have workers collecting ingredients to make trade costumes and sell those once a day for an additional semi-passive income.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
I think I really want to play this game, but I don't want to spend $30 to find out it runs like poo poo on my computer. My laptop is pretty high-end... for 4 years ago when I got it. Does anyone have any trial codes left?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Got bored and tried to make an anime

Ichigo from Bleach. I'm sure there is better out there..

Edit:

Non-hollow version:

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 21, 2016

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I don't believe hunting is fully implemented as of yet. It can be sort of hard finding guides for the game at first because of the layered versions currently out in different parts of the world. There's a BDO bible pdf floating around though that might help you. I think it's been linked in this thread about 100 times so I'll just leave the googling up to you :)

I found a month old version, but the newer info seems to be kept private to their guild due to some bullshit reddit drama between them, some other neckbeard group and Black Desert Foundry. A LOT of their info seems to come from Black Desert Foundry, in fact, which we know to be suspect. Makes me a little skeptical?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

skeptical of what

hunting literally isn't fully implemented or I would be killing crocs and whales instead of eagles and seagulls

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Skeptical of whether that Sperg Bible is worth a drat.

This environment of never knowing anything for sure freaks me out, man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woo now you can look like a ken doll

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I found a month old version, but the newer info seems to be kept private to their guild due to some bullshit reddit drama between them, some other neckbeard group and Black Desert Foundry. A LOT of their info seems to come from Black Desert Foundry, in fact, which we know to be suspect. Makes me a little skeptical?

The BDO Reddit is toxic as gently caress, and it is hilarious. If you want to observe how to not manage a community, take a look at the mod war that's been going on the last week or so.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I wanna hunt and raise cows. Goddamnit. Where the hell are those.
Fuckin' chickenshit. Fuckin, fuckin, poo poo. Fuckin, poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Skeptical of whether that Sperg Bible is worth a drat.

This environment of never knowing anything for sure freaks me out, man

Yah it isn't worth a drat. This is how poo poo goes.

KR launched. Some creeaboos went to go play there. Koreans don't know poo poo. creeaboos think that the koreans do know poo poo and crib everything poorly translated.

Russia launched and same poo poo.

So when we got all this data from those servers, we got everything including the wrong poo poo like maps saying keplan hill has a tin worker node.

Then all this poo poo got put onto forums and some guys go steal all the data they can and a few more actually play the game and put in data they found.

It is a mess of lies and just wrong poo poo and useless poo poo.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The BDO Reddit is toxic as gently caress, and it is hilarious. If you want to observe how to not manage a community, take a look at the mod war that's been going on the last week or so.

I normally don't make a habit of browsing reddit or other forums, but all I will say is the BDO reddit is less of a cesspit than the official BDO forums. Not sure what that's saying...
Granted I'm not using reddit as my go-to community so I don't really care how it's run as long as I can browse it once a day and get whatever the latest news is.

As for the bible, I never read it and only skimmed a few sections. It's basically cribbed from other places on the internet and a lot of it isn't that useful for our version or out of date or whatever. Especially since the game has been out here for over a month now, I really wouldn't rely on it for anything.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Reddit is a great place to find the latest conspiracy theories on why you will never get an ogre ring.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Probad posted:

why you will never get an ogre ring.

My character's hidden luck stat is low, time to reroll.

If course, this hidden stat can be temporarily raised by buying pearls.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

KR launched. Some creeaboos went to go play there. Koreans don't know poo poo. creeaboos think that the koreans do know poo poo and crib everything poorly translated.

So when we got all this data from those servers, we got everything including the wrong poo poo like maps saying keplan hill has a tin worker node.

Then all this poo poo got put onto forums and some guys go steal all the data they can and a few more actually play the game and put in data they found.

That's what I figured. In the absence of a non-poo poo resource, I will continue to pester you with a nonstop flood of gchat questions on a per-issue basis.

At this point I'm just using Grunil on my tamer because I think it looks the cutest. :cripes:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I really like the word kreeaboos

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

The game could really use a good community wiki. I know about that Orcz thing, but it....well it kinda sucks.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah, it really could. I'd settle for something on par with the GW2 wiki.

Speaking of, do we have any info on how awakenings actually work yet? All I can find is teaser trailers for about half the classes

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Woke up to find my t6 stallion had learned Drift and Sprint overnight. :eyepop:

Also I found out Tamers are straight up supposed to be kids, I just thought it was a creepy ellin thing. Glad their default outfits at least cover them up but it's weird and bad that they can wear the same sexy underwear poo poo that the adult characters can. :| I am going to keep mine in her goofy potato sack gear.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

I found out Tamers are straight up supposed to be kids.

That's weird, because you can make them look (and I presume sound, since you can even pick voices) pretty drat adult via character creation... even if in their barely-sketched-out lore you have to be a kid to tame Heileng, peeps grow up eventually.

Mine is a girl in the potato sack though, because pummeling someone into the ground as a tiny woodland savage wielding shadow paint never gets old.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Woo now you can look like a ken doll

Welcome to a month ago

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So is this info wrong about warrior gearing?

http://guidescroll.com/2016/04/black-desert-online-warrior-end-game-gear-guide/

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

That's weird, because you can make them look (and I presume sound, since you can even pick voices) pretty drat adult via character creation... even if in their barely-sketched-out lore you have to be a kid to tame Heileng, peeps grow up eventually.

Mine is a girl in the potato sack though, because pummeling someone into the ground as a tiny woodland savage wielding shadow paint never gets old.

I pay literally 0 attention to the lore so if my guildie is wrong about it then I'm wrong too

I think the only dialogue I read is what my little spirit bro says

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

A Spider Covets posted:

Also I found out Tamers are straight up supposed to be kids, I just thought it was a creepy ellin thing. Glad their default outfits at least cover them up but it's weird and bad that they can wear the same sexy underwear poo poo that the adult characters can. :| I am going to keep mine in her goofy potato sack gear.

hosed up if true.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A Spider Covets posted:

That's probably why they have the ridiculous T&A physics turned off (just spin them around in the character creator). I never noticed it until I made a... whatever the gently caress the female samurai are called.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

lol I pointed it out to one of my guildmates and he got really mad

I'm not sure why he's still in the guild but I hope he sudokus himself

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

lol I pointed it out to one of my guildmates and he got really mad

I'm not sure why he's still in the guild but I hope he sudokus himself

THEY ARE A THOUSAND YEAR OLD SOUL!!!!!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Anyone have a good guide or anything about Knowledge? Everything I've read doesn't seem to say what is the best way to get a higher "grade". I know I can buy Eye and Ear slotted items to help, but are there other stats that factor in? Killing it faster/one hit or slower? Is it just RNG? Hidden stats? I'm not having much luck finding anything solid, so I'm leaning towards it just being stupid RNG...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Here's a hot spot(i think) I've been using the past few days.

Map

The location I used and my haul. I am skilled 7 using a steel rod.

don't share with goontang they dont reciprocate.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
So, how active is SFD on Edan? Me and my buddy got kicked out of our last guild because they were elitist pricks and just looking for some dudes to play with on Edan :(.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Ryoutarou posted:

So, how active is SFD on Edan? Me and my buddy got kicked out of our last guild because they were elitist pricks and just looking for some dudes to play with on Edan :(.

We've got a decent core of regulars, but we could always use more. Follow the link in the OP to get started, and contact me (Char. Probad / Fam. Wildlife) in-game.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

It's the hotspot Ive been using since the beginning of the game. If you sell your catch at Altinova you get a 50% bonus

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Map

The location I used and my haul. I am skilled 7 using a steel rod.

This one is really good for EXP. It's a blue hotspot but it's usually abundant, so if you're active fishing it's great. Definitely only go if you have your own boat/raft/ferry though lol, a guildie of mine got stuck on the rocks for a while as a result of freeloading.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Herring/Smokey Chromis spot that is usually empty of people, but good for Fish for Villagers:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009
How to auto loop and sprint:

Remap secondary attack to a numpad key (for instance 8)

Set your auto loop and hit T to go.

Hold down the numpad key, and tap shift to enter sprint, and let go of shift. Hit numpad lock and then let go of the numpad key.

There you go, auto loop while sprinting.

Won't work anywhere with sharp turns because your horse has a wide turning radius while sprinting.

Not sure if this works while minimized, but am going to try it tonight.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Agonist posted:

Hold down the numpad key, and tap shift to enter sprint, and let go of shift. Hit numpad lock and then let go of the numpad key.

Won't work anywhere with sharp turns because your horse has a wide turning radius while sprinting.

one of my guildmates said he just left autoloop on and put a paperclip in the Shift key and that he got to 20 overnight just like that

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
I leeched off Luxily's group and I give him an A++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Agonist posted:

are you even playing a video game anymore?