Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^^ you eat food to increase your max HP

Ahdinko posted:

Cheers mate, from what I'm reading, the Scrooge McDuck package gets 3 guest passes. I don't think I actually got you on Steam so if you could PM me over one that'd be grand. I'll run around with you in game and we can get spacerich/searich again from playing the market.

Kalstrams, what classes are unaffected or least affected by lag? I was on the EU server during the beta but I'll come over to the US one so I can be with goons, so I guess I'll get about 150ms too like Stormgale

I get my passes at launch so ill send you on then, and honestly im playing a super fast paced class (sorceress) and it's going fine on my 150. A lot of moneymaking is solo as there isnt much in the way of trading, i'll happily help you out/take you on fishing trips tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Drythe posted:

How do you get ponies and a house. Also how do I build a boat. What's the path to this? And what's the purpose in leveling, pvp? There's no PVE in this game, correct?

If leveling is best by grinding, why are there so many quests? There's like 50 options on the main menu and the UI is hella cluttered, what's important? What do the icons over NPC heads mean? Why do the dialogue minigame?

That's only a few that come to mind of not being clear through the in game descriptions. I'm sure some goon can make a post or guide over what's important and some of the basic things you can do and not make it 60 pages of :words:

Maybe some pictures, as those are easier for our simple minds. I do want to know how to get a pony and house though, and how to outfit the house.

To get pony: Level your animal training to 5, talk to the stable master at velia and get a rope, go find horse.

Boat: Get a boat workshop (velia has one) get materials, have workers craft boat.

Levelling: Quests are for contribution XP, how you get nodes and get into the crafting system. if you just wanna fight guys and pvp and live like a murderhobo you can ignore all non black spirit quest.

Dialogue Minigame: Some NPCs will give you things for higher reputation, unique stocks (like one vendor has endgame weapons for you if he likes you) more information (to get energy and for the minigame) or quests.

I can go into more detail if anyone wants, Post here, PM me or get me on mumble when i'm on, i'll do my best to help friends.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Get on my level son.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Drythe posted:

How does one get slaves

From some quests or talk to the workplace supervisor for 5 energy to view 1 and money to buy (pickaxe Icon on the map), you need lodgings for them (a building type) and a few npcs you can recruit with the talking minigame

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Drythe posted:

Ok. How do I get lodgings? and Which npcs do I need to recruit?

If I'm at the start of the game, what do I need to do in order to get slaves?

And to confirm I talk to the supervisor for 5 energy and then buy a slave from him? But I need a house to put them in?

In velia press M, click on the town youll want the row of houses buy the inn. Don't worry about recruiting specific Npcs yet

Reach Velia

Talking to the supervisor to look at 1 person is 5 energy, if you like them you pay money to buy the slave.

If you want to look at someone else that is another 5 energy

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^ Just keep getting inventory, remember your rod is probably gonna be about 1.5-2 durability a fish (counting for random seaweed)

Kimsemus posted:

Protip:
I fished all night in a city, woke up with another few hundred thousand silver in fish in my inventory, and all the jobs I set to run overnight are done for me to process later today. Can't turn my nose up at that.

:eyepop: Most I've gotten so far from AFK fishing is like 160k

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 2, 2016

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

Woke up this morning to a ton of blue fish, felt good man.

Gold fish are where it's at, also we should do some grinding tonight man.

Speaking of money:

:siren:Money in this game actually weighs poo poo, feel free to convert your money into (lighter) gold bars at storage vendors or storing it somewhere:siren:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kikilupo posted:

Look at the top of the screen and do what it tells you to do. Sometimes its "Get x amount of favor" or "Fail Interest X amount of time". Things like that. To save energy, dont collect the amity points, just continue, you can run it about 4 times before it ends.

Be careful on risky ones, if you don't cash out your amity and fail the next goal you get 0

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

madstrike posted:

Any EU goons playing on US? How does the latency feel?

I know about stuff being calculated in the client but still ... how does it feel?

(Note: play/played GW2 on US servers and had no problems 99% of the time so just wondering)

Ping is fine, I've been enjoying it

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

kalstrams posted:

And so it begins. :allears:

I personally blame Lemonking.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'd say BDO has a lot more positional Depth, like with spacing dashes etc but yeah the actual classes arent super complex

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

I'm also happy to see everyone working together and helping each other so much, I would seriously be lost right now without the advice of my fellow MMO spergs. :wooper:

gently caress you making a splinter now, Fishgoons recruiting anyone who wants to make fishing pacts and poo poo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Random thought: I was thinking of for personal use making a node tool to work out the best way of getting a specific set of nodes (say you want to connect 3 cities and get this farm) would that be interesting to anyone? Maybe even one for city buildings too.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

:perfect:

Did you even have to really ask? Of course this would be amazing.

I'll talk about the reqs for this this weekend, shouldn't be that hard to A* search with some requirements, especially with a (for path searching) small nodebase.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ffycchi posted:

we raised it from 200k-600k before the market crashed and brought it back down to 450k, due to lack of people that could afford it.

You simply get a gently caress ton of them set them for max price, buy out all the low priced ones, and put them back on for a higher price, runs a min-max system and you can artificially inflate the max quite easily, though with the 30% tax, it means you need to have a large capital to start out with and take an early loss to make a long term gain, OR have a way to simply farm weapon stones like candy like we did.

So what does this have to do with the post you quoted?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ffycchi posted:

that it is not only possible, but has been done.

With a massive influx of capitol and some prices are still hosed

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

They stick to a lovely trade route cause it was in a guide. Same with the leveling guide.

For trading it's pretty god because the farms have trading so you have a lot of chances of geting 200% in demand items, it's a little more costly but why i'm routing through heidel and glish to Keplan

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Carecat posted:

I had a look at the store prices :eyepop:

How much of a pain is it to get a horse/pet without splashing real cash?

Horse is easy, pet is impossible.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Envy Insanity posted:

I'm playing on the EU server and focusing on everything but the main point of the game. I was curious if anyone has found a guide talking about trading, particularly, crafting trade goods to sell to NPCs. I've found a lot of guides talking about this but they mostly mention it without discussing which craftable items sell to where, etc. Is it mainly buying from one trade manager and selling to another, or is it viable to collect from nodes, craft and sell to NPCs. If it is, does anyone have a list of items, or a link to a guide to go over it at all?

It's any to any based on the node you crafted to the node you go to.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Envy Insanity posted:

Ah, I guess I was overthinking it. So I can make my crate of whatever and ship it on down to somewhere far away I'm connected to and sell it. Thanks!

Yes

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

mehall posted:

Is the game pretty much all tutorial till you hit the first actual city? (Calpheon?)

I'm having fun, and it's hitting my "play more" buttons, which MMO's don't normally do (including WoW), so my 7 day trial is likely to convert.

Define "Tutorial" to you

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Xzov posted:

Your family shares a maximum energy cap, but each character has their own energy pool.

So you make alts to increase the amount of energy available to you. They regen slower than your active character, but it's still more energy to use than if you only had one character worth of energy.

They regen only when your main is capped I believe

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

nah it's not in my warehouse and that harbormaster guy is saying the license is still required. i did just notice that my warehouse is full so maybe you lose it if you don't have space? that's some lame rear end bullshit if so.

Did the last worker for the item come from a different town, if so check that town not the town the shop is in

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

nope i've only hired them from this one town. also despite making the old fishing pole or w/e and equipping it the quest from the otterman won't update. hopefully it's something stupid that i'm doing and not my character being bugged.

That quest wants a fishing rod not an old fishing rod... I think... or it might have been a different one?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvtMBUAEbk

Valk Awakening Lance video. Probably the awakening that changes the class the least so far? It seems to be focused around charges, just counters, shield pushes and an ability that groups mobs in an area for a big gently caress off jump attack. It also has a small teaser for Bladers Halberd and Plums Spear.

Seems kinda like the greatsword, turning the classes strengths into wide AOE, could be good for group combat

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

GS seems to have a lot less mobility than lance but usually in group combat wider arcs are more useful than thrusts. And unless the lance has built in guard on most of its attacks, the GS would have the benefit of life leaching too. If lance has a lot of extra CC then I could see it being pretty useful, the sort of forward reach from its rushes could absolutely poo poo over rangers if they can lock them down.

Sorry I meant like how the GS gives warrior cleaving, this seems to give a lot of AOE CC etc but we will see, I thought it looked neatish

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Soreign posted:

Are there any vids about the witch/wizard awakening yet?

it only got announced at an event (I don't think there are even screenshots/concept for it) probably see ninja/kon first

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phi230 posted:

I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around this family name/character name system.

I know its for spergs to have RP names but it is possible to just do my name twice over or something

Family name is account wide name

Character name is... well

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Oh that makes more sense but what do you mean by account wide name

All your characters have the family name (may not be cross server, can't remember) .

If you join a guild you do it as a family but almost all ingame commands (friend, whisper, invite to party) go off of Character name IIRC

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Hy_C posted:

It's mainly cause titties and 1v1 cool kids. From what I've read and been told from dudes in Korea is that the biggest differences between the two is that Bladers have a spamable aoe and plums have a block.

Don't plum's also get a microstun?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

:getin:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Need more content for your KMMO

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

It's a crazy world we live in when a kMMO dev releases a Good Game™©® and then proceeds to add in the missing content at a decent pace.

Wait when did we decide this game was good, I thought All MMO's are bad?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looks like pretty neat changes, lewtt should I play this dumb game again?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Idiots who are bad with money is their target group.

Hi

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

lewtt posted:

DEAR GOONTANG: WE ARE GONNA SWAP INSTANCES.

Velia 1, Calpheon 1, Balenos 1, and Serendia 1 are on the table.

My vote is for serendia 1, because it sounds like the sexiest stripper name by far. Put your votes in the thread

Serendia 1

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That spear looks pretty cool

You might even say it sent a chill down my spine

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

That doesnt sound too bad. Is farming worth it for a casual?

If you want to do trading, growing sunflowers is good for pack making I hear

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

VoLaTiLe posted:

Cool have had an accident so gonna be off work with only my right hand. I have a naga razer so I guess that could work?

Volatile Friend, I hope you are okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also big sea monster is coming out on the 28th, the event to get a boat is so everyone can go and shoot it a bunch