Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
So here's Seal Team 96:
ohsosad
kojicolnair
alexander delarge
tadders
LumberingTroll
Stanleypain
markkei
dirtyfalcon
redtonic
kimsemus
fat and useless
bored grunt
kiffetastic
dancingshade - Mostly Harmless
stormgale
sirbuddha
mikesaysno
taran
kalstrams
amergin
beo
codekeeper
appliedphilosophy
Mirk
Lewtt

ADDED:
Orty
Kyuzo
RunandGun
Dunkan - Dunkah
Killtrash - Aleeni Malac
Dryzen
Quake
Von Bonez

If your name isn't in here and you'll be with us in 5 hours, quote this post and I'll add you to the list.

We have a lot of cash cows, so we'll have to get at least a 3 guild missions done in the first day so we can get ALL of us 96ers in. when servers go up, ill be in mumble in the BDO channel. I may have to temporarily remove some of you to bring in other goons who have energy to spend on the gathering missions. Don't assume something bad happened if you get kicked; just message me whenever i'm on (lewtt)

So when the servers come up: SAVE YOUR ENERGY. Accept your daily reward that you get every time you log in, and save your loyalty points up.
If you are in a rush for something, you can spend loyalty points on energy restoration potions.
You can use your housing coupons for a bed which gives +3 energy every 3 minutes. Normal Beds are +2/3m.

Talk to ALL npcs who have a "?" on the minimap to increase your energy reserve. Follow the black spirit storyline to get your free donkey, and when enough people have gotten that far, I should be able to up the clan to a guild and start inviting. After about two hours in, I'll check our energy reserves for starting the gathering mission.

We get 90 minutes to gather whatever the mission tells us to get. Usually its like 80 maple and ash, but sometimes it can be 300 pine. All that matters is you GATHER it during the quest. It doesn't care what you do with it afterwards. When the guild mission completes, I turn it in, and all of you get payed out in silver based on how much you contributed to that mission. It's a LOT early on, so seriously, If I start a guild mission, hop straight to that poo poo.

lewtt fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 28, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
restart the client updater for patch

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
:eonwe::eonwe::eonwe:WE ARE PLAYING ON EDAN, SERENDIAH 01:eonwe::eonwe::eonwe:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
guild has room again.

:eonwe:MESSAGE LEWTT ON {WAIT} FOR AN INVITE.:eonwe:

lewtt fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 28, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Pews posted:

So which server are we on now?

as i updated it in op, we are hoping to stay on Orwen / Balenos 2. not like we have much choice other than restarting all over again

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Jackard posted:

Is there really a difference besides Orwen being a dumb elf?

not really. edan was the big boy server with the big boys and big boy tears but orwen is pretty chill too

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
this is great, we've got tears already

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
tldr:

1. daum puts up servers
2. daum confuses the separate serendia instances; it is actually located on the orwen server when it is LISTED on the edan server
3. orwen serendia was actually ios serendia
4. we all get disconnected and find our characters on orwen
5. did a lovely poll of 20ish people currently on mumble to see if who wanted to go back and we decided orwen
6. the end

we're sticking here with 25/30 (so far) of the people that posted for headstart, so i'm gonna assume hyc is in his own solo/duo splinter

i never trusted the government anyway

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Gerblederp posted:

I saved my $100 for toilet paper so i can poo poo all over this thread

please have enough respect to 2-ply paper

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

thank you for your service

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
orwen now has 40 out of 45 slots filled which was 10 more than said were B1GGBUXXing

the progress is pretty drat good though, despite the early morning fuckery. We had the entire guild out in the swampy forests, murdering pine and cedar to bless the lumbergod. We already have like 4mill $$$ headstart after first day

mushing around waiting for your energy to regen so you can hit a tree and not get the correct lumber was actually fun

anyway im out for the night

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is the majority staying on the RP server? I believe it's Orwen or something.

yes

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Charles Bukowski posted:

Why the gently caress was there drama about joining a server? For reals, what is wrong with goons?

i made the final call to stick on orwen, because after 7 hours in when daum explained the situation, we had people who were with us that would not follow if we returned to edan. I don't recall hearing anyone say they were gonna quit if we didn't go back to edan, so we settled it.

sorry to you fellas who got caught on edan after all the fuckery was done, but the only method of communication I have past mumble is updating the OP and making a post.

didn't have any clue people felt so strongly about edan until after the decision was made. as it is now though, we've got plenty of rp guilds, multiguilds, and animes on orwen, and we're stabilized with 40

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Eltoasto posted:

Sorry, I was honestly just trying to give advice because this game is different than most wrt power leveling. My sensibilities were shocked by the sailor mouth response and I lashed out.

Play how you like, friend, and please join us on Orwen. I'm not even in the guild and probably won't be let in on account of declaring Lewtt my eternal nemesis for making me reroll an insignificant character.

its cool because ive pretty much forgotten all names events and content past 1 page ago

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
you also need to be in the correct channel to receive an invite. Make sure you're in Balenos 2

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
guild cap is at 85. got one person on backlog and two extra spaces

I'm going to start sending out contract updates regularly, meaning you actually get to see the benefit of slaving over 35 mackerels and all the prior tree murder. the game auto sets limits of max guild pay based on your personal contribution, which you mainly get through participating in guild missions

I'm also going to put up a thread in PGS regarding trial keys once I see them activated in preorder bonuses, so don't post them in here

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
The Free trial thread in PGS is UP, post your guest passes in HERE.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
4 slots left in main guild; we just unlocked the final slots (100) earlier this evening

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

ohsosad posted:

I'm sorry I'm single handedly responsible for losing the war against ~Laughing Coffins~ when i was AFK murdered while running to Calphenon.

We are now 0 kills for 1 death.

you best unfuck this score or i'll have drinkfist put another notch on his gun

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
first guild is full up! message grithok for the parksandrec secondary guild

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Razzled posted:

Can someone explain trade to me? Here's how I understand it...

When looking at the Purchase tab: The price on the left of the good is how much it's currently worth at that location. The price on the right is the base price that the percentage is reflected on. Therefore I want to pick up items that are doing poorly (<100% of base) and sell somewhere it's doing well (>100%)?

So then how do I interpret the prices found on the Sell tab? Just a way to see what is going for a lot in that particular location?

read the op

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
i didn't actually read the op either, don't worry

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
gently caress korea, this single +9 to +10 has cost me 6 million so far, not counting the failstack to +5

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

mehall posted:

Don't suppose someone has written an effortpost or knows of decent guides for the node system and the worker stuff? (and suggestions on when to get involved in those)

i dunno why it's so hard to at least ctrl F the OP before asking, you don't even have to read it

do workers whenever you want, but do nodes whenever you're gonna grind/farm there a while

here's another guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9scrIgSWLk

and another

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/01/black-desert-node-management-and-hiring-workers-basic-guide/

lewtt fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 9, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

bonds0097 posted:

Inactivity rules? Please don't kick me (family name Wilco), I am out of town this week.

quote:

Didn't realize there was inactivity rules already for GoonTang. I haven't been able to play the past week.

welp, too late for both of ya. i sort of lumped everyone idle for the past 3-4 days in the "played then quit 7 day trial" group

i will save a spot for you both of you so message me ingame whenever

if anything, you both got severance pay when i gave you the boot

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
so I've been basically unable to play the game at all since 6pm, since their servers now decide to boot me anywhere between 30 secs to 5 mins after I log in. the lag has just escalated to outright kicking me out
hoping this maintenance fixes it, it since its a seemingly common issue

btw, cancelclass prime is ranger. five part series from a guy who doesn't understand volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeCeP9Olbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5NNzunUCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQcomFJhqoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYWchLWDGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgezfIqevU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Bede posted:

I had this same problem a week ago. Deleting/moving the bdo folder in my documents fixed it.

i've uninstalled BDO entirely and removed said folder, but nothing was fixed.

i tracerouted to their servers and the connection dies completely shortly after arriving in san jose. I haven't dced yet after the maintenance, so we'll see come primetime if the issue arises again

regardless, I'm assuming they don't understand whats going on and/or are severely understaffed, as this was their response to my connection issue:

quote:

GM Felaxus Today at 08:59
Hello LEWTT,

Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online Customer Support team. You are receiving this message in response to your ticket regarding the Serendia Server Placement issues during head start.

We have brought the Name Swap Registration feature live which you can access via your accounts page.
This service is currently setup for all victims of the Serendia server placement issue experienced during head start.

Unfortunately, due to technical limitations we're not able to offer the name swap page to all users, but we are actively seeking ways to make name changes available in the future.

This will allow you to register two characters on the same region that you would like to swap names between. Registration closes on the 23rd.
At the end of this month on 30/03/2016 the names of the two registered characters will be swapped.

This is in an effort to combat a multitude of issues, two of which we have detailed below.

Spelt character name wrong // Want to change character name:
Create a new character with the correct spelling or name and register them for the swap. This will in effect rename your original character.
Reserved character name is on the wrong server:
Create a new character on the correct region to continue playing now . Register the two characters to bring your reserved name to the server your new character is on.
We are still looking into compensation for victims of the Serendia incident further and will have more information soon.
A few things to note about this system before you proceed.

Registration closes on 23/03/16 at 08:00 UTC.
Everyone receives one coupon to use this system. Once you have registered your two characters you will be locked out from using this feature again.
These coupons will not be re-issued. You will only get one chance to choose the correct characters to register.
Do not delete a character registered for the name swap as this will cause your request to fail. As above, we wont re-issue a failed coupon.
Unfortunately we are unable to transfer characters across regions.
This will only swap the names between characters and all character related information such as items and experience will remain untouched.
Again this is an ongoing process of compensation and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Click >>here<< to access the Name Swap Registration page.

If you believe you have received this message in error, or it does not address your question fully, please respond to this ticket.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered up to this point and thank you for your patience and understanding while we continue working on this situation.

Kind regards,
GM Felaxus
English Games Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated with current issues. It will answer some of the most common questions and save you having to wait for a response from a Games Master.

You can access the knowledge base by following the link below.
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

You can also follow our social media pages for news and announcements.
https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/ https://twitter.com/BDO_news&#8203;

edit: issue still here, guess i'm hosed

lewtt fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 12, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

now featured in the OP

lag issues back so i'm out of bdo for the night

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

what you didn't mention was when you warned eonwe when i was coming to kill him so goontang would win the final war
you are a DISGRACE and I should dock your pay EVEN FURTHER for pretending this makes up for it
you are a super bad man and you should feel super bad about it

btw

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Minsky posted:

I had it happen with a boss fight last night and chalked it up to just random lag. Then I saw this video linked from an official forum megathread full of angry people suffering from it in pvp, so I don't hold out much hope for a quick fix.

Someone on reddit posted that apparently this kind of desyncing has been fixed in one of the Mediah update patches but who knows when that hits NA.

I had the same issue for a while. watch your send/receive, and if it's the same issue as mine, it was because of massive packet loss on my sends

I'm under 500 miles from the server on a 110Mb connection. I had no packet loss in any other game

some people reported fixing it by deleting your cache folder in black desert install folder, as well as the black desert folder in my documents

reenabling Nagle's Algorithm/Disabling Leatrix Latency Fix (if you've messed with those) slightly fixed it for me. VPNing did not, nor did any other fixes I tried over the week it occured

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
what kind of horse is this? is it broken? I bred a monster of some sort

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

bonds0097 posted:

Ugh, this appears to be happening to me now. What fixed it for you?

couple things it could be:

lewtt posted:

I had the same issue for a while. watch your send/receive, and if it's the same issue as mine, it was because of massive packet loss on my sends

I'm under 500 miles from the server on a 110Mb connection. I had no packet loss in any other game

some people reported fixing it by deleting your cache folder in black desert install folder, as well as the black desert folder in my documents

reenabling Nagle's Algorithm/Disabling Leatrix Latency Fix (if you've messed with those) slightly fixed it for me. VPNing did not, nor did any other fixes I tried over the week it occured

let me also add that if you have any network issues in general, it's gonna get exacerbated by BDO; korean networking isn't near as optimized as it should be regarding the infrastructure for the rest of the world

e: regarding invites, you can pm me, Birginia, Kimsemus, or Carella (Lumberingtroll)

i leave my PC on most of the time, but I may or may not catch your message in a reasonable timeframe

lewtt fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Mar 16, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Manifest/Manafest, you need to respond because i've messaged you a dozen times over the past few days about updating your contract, and you never accept them when I swap to Calpheon 02 and send it

or you get the boot

THE BOOOOOOOT

rest in piss, aaron

lewtt fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 19, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
l o l

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

RedTonic posted:

I told Lewtt to pay dock me but he forgot. Anyway I rightfully got my poo poo pushed in. :downs:

now i have to dock your pay for dying to parksandrec, and then dock it even more for reminding me to dock your pay

people are miserable little pile of secrets, so please don't ruin my worldview with this "honesty"

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

SweetBro posted:

Oh well that's what, I got removed from guild. Now that's some class A fuckery over here.

if someone else wants in i usually drop the person who hasn't logged on the longest, 4 days or so

msg me for invite, got a spot

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

randombattle posted:

That's always how it goes. Gitrock get on line you butt.

Also this game is great.

i have this on my horse. i renamed my horses subaru and lancia because of how much it turns your horse into a rally car

prepare for UNDERSTEER though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

arbybaconator posted:

just got back from vacation - logged in and I was removed from Goontang. How do I get back in?

you message lewtt ingame