Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Awakenings announced to be released not soon but in a loving long time for the sake of pvp balance. Lmao.
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...t2=&authorName=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lewtt posted:

i just got out of ICU so i'm now un-awol except for the part where i can't walk much irl for a few weeks
Take care.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Clocks posted:

That's actually... pretty bad.

I was watching a russian streamer stream node wars (or maybe it was sieges, I wasn't too clear since there was no commentary available) and the way it worked was that both his guild and the opposing guild had a tower "base" that each guild was trying to destroy. So they had to split up their people between repairing/defending their own tower and also had to send out sizeable forces on occasion to besiege the other guild's tower. 27 people wouldn't even be enough to really defend your own base against an invading force tbh.
In node wars you have bunch of forts in an area, node changes owner if only one of them stands in the end. Sieges are similar to that too.

DancingShade posted:

So since we struggle to put together ~5 goons at a time now (though it does happen) what can we realistically do re: node wars with that?

Because I'm thinking "gently caress all". Unless we just dump 5 meteors from the bushes and leg it.
Might be tough to get hands on anything attractive, if they don't enable separate territory ownership for first channel of each channel cluster.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 30, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

So, how's the game been doing? Haven't played this in like 2 years, last I heard was that it's circling the drain with monetisation ("pay $ to finish your crafting job" etc, but didn't delve into details).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Katt posted:

Yeah that's true but it's still way less P2W than most MMOs. I never got the crafting jobs things because workers are churning out stuff like a factory. Maybe high level siege stuff has more use for it?

:staredog: Game must be doing really well if you first reaction is to defensively point at other games.

What even are thoe P2W MMOs people play these days? None of big 3,5 are complicit, does someone still play ArcheAge?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Katt posted:

The money stuff in BDO is overwhelmingly quality of life stuff and aesthetic outfits. Things to make gameplay flow better or look better. Not so much giving you an advantage over other players

Silver is the the real important measure of power in BDO. Gear matters more than levels and most gear you get by buying it for silver or spending upgrade/failstack materials that you in turn can get for silver.

Yeah you can turn money into silver but the rate is something like 1 dollar per 1 million silver and so you're looking at $500 to $1000 for one mid level piece of armour or weapon.

Top level gear would probably run you like ten thousand bucks per item if you want to go the money route. The way you progress in BDO is mainly through low effort/passive income things like nodes, fishing, processing. Then as you make silver you gradually over time upgrade your stuff.

The shameless money stuff in BDO is things like not having area loot. So you need to either loot every enemy one at a time manually. In a game where you might be killing 3000 enemies an hour. Or you can spend money on pets that run around and loot for you. And then money to make the pets higher level pets that loot faster. Because your low level pets can no longer keep up with how fast you kill.

Pets for looting, camouflages/aesthetic costumes, weight limit and inventory stuff was all there back when I played too. What else have they added?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Katt posted:

Kama blessings for pearls,
combat book for pearls
Did they have Artisans memory back then?
5 pet slots total

I'm pretty sure there weren't artisan memories back then. Anyways, this doesn't look too terrible I guess, maybe if 2 extra pet slots don't sound too cheap if they are really needed/upgrading has remained the same. Going to read up on the rest, cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fairly amusing how it all seems to have turned out. Back before release the game was very often touted as the new turn in the evoluton of PvP in MMO games.