Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bait and Swatch posted:

From what I remember, the pedos and pedo defenders liked to try and deny the things they said/did, so goons started keeping proof and posting it on the forums.
Dear lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

For your latvian or estonian (potatoe) reading pleasure, check this thread out

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662550&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

requires archives if you got it, but it is a good read, slow to start up

there were like 5 or 8 AA threads that kept getting closed or opened and what ever

the imp zone made fun of it the whole time in one
Latvian and that's a lot of pages but thanks, bookmarked and might skim through it some day.

Those of you who are getting keys from Massivelyop thing, what browser do you use? Both Chrome and Firefox remain stuck on 'getting your key...', regardless of my tantric manipulations with cache, extensions, and sandboxing.

Edit: Nevermind, one of the Chrome tabs did get me a key eventually.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

I am trying but it won't work for me in IE or Chrome. It is stuck on "getting your key..."
It gave me key in Chrome after some 5-10 minutes on "getting your key" and spamming a bunch of tabs - in one of them, "you already have a key, it's BLAH-BLAH-BLAH" did appear.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rafzakael posted:

i actually have not kept up with albion or read the thread, did it die?
Two posts I did read in it suggest that they grind from wipe to wipe for greater good.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i felt a strange pull towards this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAspAtamZrA

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PurplieNurplie posted:

Where do you enter keys on the site? Seems to be pushing for pre-orders, there's no like 'put in a code here!' link or whatever.
You do that beginning with February 12.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

I'd have to ask that Latvian dude as he obviously knows, but what's to stop us from splitting into multiple guilds who are allied, not that I figure we'll have over 100 for more than the first 2 weeks or minutes...
Nothing, just make guilds until it's enough for everyone. Top Russian poopsockers did hold two castles that way. Interaction between guilds will work slightly backwards due to the nature of the game, but other than that - who cares. Of the 10 primary castle-contending guilds on Russia, one is 400-strong and three are 300-strong.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RedTonic posted:

Oh poo poo, that wasn't available yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah they did gently caress it up, there were some dev messages somewhere about it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

that sounds awful for me and the people I'd lead
That would be something awful indeed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Who is making goon t-shirts for this game? If we don't have anyone yet, I know a guy...
Latvian linen, da. Friend owns a factory, da. Can arrangements make, da.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Go on, don't worry.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

I lost my Dio character file

does anyone have a cool anime character made
I made mine after Valeriya Novodvorskaya.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

im having a hard time deciding between the wizard, giant, and ranger
Play them all on the coming beta test.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

That's because the person writing that garbage doesn't actually know the words, and is more than likely mentally ill. Was that the OP or in response to something?
Does it really matter?

Also:

Eonwe posted:

also please don't talk about Gamergate or any of that stuff because there is hellthread for that you buggers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Loose Ifer posted:

which class seems to be the most annoying
There's lots of hate for Valkyries.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Anoia posted:

Really now...
It is indeed.

Loose Ifer posted:

Are those gonna be in EU/NA on release?
They will be, look for girl swordfighter on character creation.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Stealing illegal trade goods - I think this is a thing? I've read about it multiple places.
Koreans were abusing the mechanic for goldselling, so it got patched out.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Seems pointless, they're always going to find a way, unless you literally prohibit any player interaction of any kind
This game, in fact, happens to limit player interaction to minimum. :v:
Since we're not having player to player trade, I doubt the publisher can be coerced into reimplementing resource theft into our version of the game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's mindboggling to think that this is the same game that we were calling "EVE on the ground" four years ago.
There never will be a Korean MMO game to match playerfuckery potential of EVE Online as long as their primary market is Korea. It's just antithesis of what sells there.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's the thing though, even with the crazy amounts of pandering they did to Eastern markets, it's not doing too well. If they kept the original design, it would've been seen as "something different" in the West and surely it'd do better than it'll do here now, so they had nothing to lose.
If Korean MMO developers would keep up with their early promises, everyone would still be playing ArcheAge.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It's a shame ArcheAge didn't work out. I really liked the world.

Also, how do we know that it wouldn't do well in Korea? I don't think UO/Asheron's Call/Galaxies even operated in Korea. It'd be seen as "doing something different" just as much as it is here.
Yah, it was sad to see the changes between Korean closed betas and Russian open beta, sad enough for me not to even seriously consider EU/NA ArcheAge.

I think the only decently popular open PvP MMORPG in Korea is Lineage 1, which is played still because it was literally the first MMORPG that Koreans did get to play, which matches reasonably well my impression that Koreans culturally are conservative traditionalists. Lineage 1 is the most popular MMORPG game in Korea, by a mile. Next two, Maple Story and Icarus Online - neither has any kind of reasonable open world PvP. Then it's Lineage 2, 15 years old at this point and with PvP long since butchered. Then it's Hero Online, Blade & Soul, and Aion - neither has any kind of reasonable open world PvP. Then comes ArcheAge as the 9th most popular MMO game in Korea. Same EVE Online is not in top 100 of most popular MMOs in Korea.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

Black Desert gutted their living world and PvP. Wushu gutted their entire PvE.
I keep attacking this sentence with all combos I have, but it still does not reward me with knowledge.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbom84mybGU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FireWhizzle posted:

e: Why the gently caress does this new thread already have seven pages. Have you guys actually played this game? Do you realize what even 2x KR grind means, let alone 4x? Does +20 mean anything to you?
Epistemes are plentiful, and some of us do play right now, be it Korea, Japan, or Russia. +20 is :suicide: but also irrelevant to the experience rate, which is one of the regional differences.

Edit:

FireWhizzle posted:

As a KR player that has grinded in most of the patches, the content is boring as gently caress and couldn't be over quicker. Does this upset you?

Yes

No

I love BDO

Please choose one
I love BDO Just watch the following video, at least the first two minutes of it without skipping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ2zZWZwY6A

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 13, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Are you defending current NA exp rates?
I think they make point that in the long run +20 is achievable simpler than buying it for 13 thousand USD like the best geared player on Russian servers did.
Though I'm not quite sure what the context line is about.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

When I logged onto the website right on the dot (18:00 UTC), trying to refresh, error after error occurred. It took 45 minutes just to SEE the screen that would allow me to make a family name and then I got another few more errors. Naturally by the time I was able to log on completely, all the names I wanted were already taken by that point. (And yes my PC and internet are awesome). So my question is, why does EVERY pre-order client get to reserve names all at the EXACT same time on a server that can't even dream of handling that kind of traffic? It's black desert online, not google. (Google and Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc.) If the admission onto the servers is staggered, why isn't the ability to reserve a name staggered as well?? It should be staggered by at least a day to give people who purchased conqueror's package a chance to log on and make a name that first day. (Explorer's package the second day, Traveler's package the third.) Or allow people to make names a couple days prior to their ability to play BDO for the first time, as their "Package" indicates. Consider all the people who were at hard work that Tuesday morning (or slacking off at work) and had no chance to make a family/character name. Little do they know ALL good names were gone within the hour! I paid $100.00 for this game and could have EASILY been beaten out by a person who ONLY paid $30.00 for the game and won't even play the game for a few weeks afterwards. (Jokingly) But hey, he's got the name I wanted, so he's set! Seriously though, this definately needs to be fixed! I know of several very angry people whom this also happened to, buying the conqueror's package and not being able to make it onto the website, like some poor man's lottery. People who spent the most money on this game should have first rights to names. Second should have second rights and third to third. Congratulations to those whose pressing F5 skills were impressive. My condolences to the other 95% who failed to click refresh "correctly". Thank you very much for your time and consideration in reading this.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I think an Optional Subscription Service for Black Desert Online will be great for those that prefer to play that way.

• Players that subscribe will support Black Desert Online development.
  • Players that opt to B2P, will choose how much this game is worth.
By being optional, it's not forcing players to pay a monthly fee. This will make the game a hybrid B2P/Subscription model. Both type of players will be supporting Black Desert Online, that means more content can be created faster.

Now for example, just look at Star Citizen, https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/subscriptions it is B2P, and it has an optional subscription model for those that want to utilize it. "The additional revenues also fund the development and release of subscriber-exclusive perks and merchandise." I see no reason why Black Desert Online can't take this approach.

Think about it. More revenue creates more content, and that content can be delivered to us at a much faster rate.

What do you think?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

YOTC posted:

Well I was gonna do sorceress but jesus christ. are they still that invincible? :eonwe:
Not sure about Korea, still such on Russia, making it the flavour of cactus local turbospergs are eating.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

So from watching videos on youtube and browsing through the forums a little I have come to see this game has no END GAME PVE content what so ever.

There is no Dungeons (instanced) or Raids ( 10+ player bosses) besides the select few World Bosses, I know a huge amount of players would LOVE to see this added.

Coming from World Of Warcraft myself I am hoping that eventually ( maybe 3 months after launch or less ) we have some actual content besides mobs we grind to level.

PvP is fun and all but there has to be more to the game , I have pre ordered the game and am still going to play a poo poo ton when released as I spent 100$ on the drat thing.

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE

- About 10 5-man instanced Dungeons with Multiple bosses that would roughly take an hour to do with game play mechanics that are semi-challenging to the player base
- Atleast 2 Raids for 10-30 players (basically massive dungeons that take days to complete and are even more challenging)

This content can easily be added at a later date after launch as players are going to have to reach near max level to do them.

So from here I'd like to hear what types of PvE content is missing and would like to be seen by YOU THE PLAYERS.

NOTE: BALANCE OF PVP/PVE GAMEPLAY IS KEY FOR MOST PEOPLE TO PLAY AN MMO FOR YEARS AS WELL AS A GOOD STREAM OF CONTENT

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chronicles of Elyria is the perfect MMO model I think. If you don't know about Elyria, basically it's based on genetics/bloodlines and your character will die of old age. You pay for new lives ($30), depending on your play style, your character could last quite a long time, but the average will be 10-12 months. I wish more games would go this route. Even if they get a niche audience, they have revenue from new sales and retained user base.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/435-DJ-6-Character-Customization-and-Bloodlines
You know, I was just quoting someone on brown forums acid for relating to Star Citizen in a positive light while not discussing the optimal strategy to scam people from Portland.

This Elyria thing though sounds cool, but I'll be really surprised if it dies a feature complete game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

didn't the super desert region add in dungeons on KR?
Two dungeons, and an open world raid boss, yes, as well as special mobs in the desert. Also, a landwhale.

Edit2: Two open world raid bosses, in fact.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 13, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

You can always destroy a guild with neglect. Invite tons of goons, then invite some pubbies, don't promote anyone to officer rank or give anyone else invite privileges. Then just don't log on for a few weeks and let nature take its course.
Weeks?!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

amusinginquiry posted:

But what if the next one is good!
Certainly not Bless Online then, even by my standards where best PvP game without spaceships is Lineage 2 C4.

Jimlit posted:

Holy poo poo wtf is even happening with that ui.
Eh, it is a bit messy, but you get used to it quickly, and it's fairly customizable. Besides that, it's the Korean version of the game with artisanal Russian translation so text placement is not exactly good.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Let's call the guild Beanless Chili and plunder the caravans with cooking goods.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

If I would want niggerstomper58 to be my clan leader, I would just go to hellthread.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Let use set up an Exchange server this time.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

This post is something awful.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looks a lot like the deadline to complete bulk of studies.

:v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Discord is really cool, but I don't know if it'd fit your guys' needs when 80-100 people are connected to the VOIP
Is it known to fold under modicum of stress? Besides that, thus far 80-100 people connected to VoIP do seem like a really optimistic prediction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Conversely I can set up a dedicated Black Desert Discord with all the permissions and pingbots and everything if that is what you would prefer. :toot:
That would lessen the drama potential though, 400 innocents come handy in this regard. :v: