Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This is the mocking OP we 100% deserve. All aboard the hype train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

like in AA we had a guy who was an officer (can't remember his name) who ran this dungeon over and over and over for armor and browbeat goons into helping him run the dungeon

but if this specific high tier armor dropped, it was his, nobody was allowed to roll on it

He had multiple sets of this high tier armor and it was supposed to go to goons

oh wait, he hosed off and left to another guild with the armor

materials for the castle? yeah, we gave all of that to one guy

guess what he did

he hosed off with half a castles worth a stone or something

we pooled gilda to get people merchant ships so they could help people do trade runs

half the people with merchant ships would get mad if you asked to help them do a trade run

I think Stormgale was our only pooling success story.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Check this thread out. He thinks there's gonna be political conspiracies, guild spies and warning players to be extremely calculative in their affiliations with certain guilds because if the guild dies and you're friends with the wrong people, you're hosed

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11313-surviving-the-sandbox-a-guide/&page=1

Jokes on him, when the goon guild collapses from internal drama and bad politicking, I'll already be bored. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

I had a lot of land, but it was still terrible

Same. I had a villa in the green zone for rich people, and we pirated much, but game was still poo poo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

gwrtheyrn posted:

The funniest thing about the "fishing pact" was it was written so badly that kimsemus didn't actually break any of the rules

This is true. Expect lots of fun roams and other GvG events as I can lead them in BDO, if goons are interested.

DancingShade posted:

Gold farming was so Serious Business that angry goons chased him into/out of other games. I have no idea if there were other reasons - I don't really know him personally - but it was funny to watch goons act like exactly like the pubbies we make fun of.

The whole fishing pact thing was enough reason for me to get hounded out of goonswarm in EVE and kicked from Goonrathi in SC, but that was mostly DBRB being mad nobody was listening to him and his marlin fishing being "ruined."

Was worth it, made a lot of good friends in AA I still talk to regularly. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

kalstrams posted:

:dogbutton: The gently caress did westerners do in ArcheAge that is hasn't happened in 6 years of nullsec EVE Online?

Edit: In a hindsight though, my guild leader did hire professional Korean-Russian translators for our closed betas, with priority service agreement. So maybe meeting transcript is fairly mild. :v:

The difference between goon content generators in other MMOs vs many goon leaders in EVE is that we're more concerned with having fun and making sure other goons have fun, instead of running some kind of creepy pseudo-professional corporation where you have to submit your social security number for a background check while jerking each other off because of how great we're supposed to be. :v:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

never forget :911:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I will gladly follow any goon who lets me stab mans and cause anger amongst other guilds against us.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Eonwe's humble desire to not lead is precisely why he needs to.

DEAR LEADER EONWE HAS RETURNED TO US!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Really my number one concern is them removing systems that severely punish ganking, and limit organic, open PVP. AA didn't do too bad with the karma system and the whole blood spot/trial thing, I wouldn't mind that again. But I should be given the proverbial fifty lashes every time I get the itch to stab the poo poo out of someone who isn't wearing a goon tag.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

It's a shame ArcheAge didn't work out. I really liked the world.

Also, how do we know that it wouldn't do well in Korea? I don't think UO/Asheron's Call/Galaxies even operated in Korea. It'd be seen as "doing something different" just as much as it is here.

Yes and no. Trion had some CRIPPLING problems publishing AA in the NA market, driven primarily by the fact they had ZERO actual control over the game, not even basics like billing or account management. They were also way behind on localization not by choice, but because someone from the developer actually would get on an airplane with a thumb drive and fly the patch to the NA server cluster and install it manually. You can't make poo poo like that up.

Them later adding Thunderstruck logs and other mats to the cash shop was just a slap in an already bruised face.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

2DCAT posted:

All games should be more like star citizen.

:yikes:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Grabbed that because as much as I hate what they've done to this game I'm a broken person and only play bad games outside of dark souls

The Stimperor is pleased. :eonwe:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drinkfist posted:

When CB2 Starts we well figure out how the guilds work in the NA version. Lewtt already made the thread so he is the guild leader as per MMOHMO rules and regulations. Although if the guild fills up then another guild will need to be created. That guild will be run by someone like Badr or Kimmyseesus given that they are the kind of losers that would want to do something like that. If you are an unmedicated fuckup shitlord I suggest you go with them. All normal medicated fuckups will be in with Lewtt.

Don't you put that evil on me.

I'll just let Lewtt run things and I'll cause drama killing people.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Discord is really cool, but I don't know if it'd fit your guys' needs when 80-100 people are connected to the VOIP

I've been in Discord stress tests with 3000-4000 on the same server, and a couple hundred in the same voice channel, it holds up fine. Right now there are about 400 goons registered on mine and the server doesn't have any lag that anyone has reported.

I have a Black Desert channel set up on my SA Discord ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565 )

And I'll give whoever runs the guild server admin or moderator or whatever they want to make more channels and do the things.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

That didn't take long.

Conversely I can set up a dedicated Black Desert Discord with all the permissions and pingbots and everything if that is what you would prefer. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

shirts, a program that doesn't do much more than what we have now except it is hip and cool, some weird promotion of the program with its own hype team

like anyone can go set up a discord server. You can do it right now if you want. There isn't a whole lot of reason to have one super discord server with everything under the sun under it but some people want that and keep talking about how so many goons are either registered, on it right now, or using it, like some weird hype use my stuff squad

it makes people wonder how balanced those hype people are

You keep (literally) making stuff up about this hype squad promotion thing that I've never participated in and frankly, our community will never be large enough to participate in. The people shilling out for Discord's free poo poo have like 5000-6000 people on a server. That aside, Discord can actually do significantly more now and long term compared to mumble, and can do it far cheaper than either mumble or TS. There are reasons to use it, and I'll keep updating it and doing stuff with it, especially once the API is released and I don't have to rely on serverbots to automate a lot of things.

Your criticism of a thing that I'm trying to provide as a convenience for people at the cost of nothing more than my own time, and certainly at no cost to anyone else, is a little silly.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
At the end of the day I'll use whatever people say we should use, I just feel like if we're gonna play together ( inb4 the great VOIP wars that tear the game asunder) we should use the same comms. I'm not going to push Discord on anyone, if people decide to use it, this is fine and good, if not, I will use the thing other people want to use, just presenting Discord as an option, yo.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vrath posted:

As someone who has joined in the past year, I think that SA clans draw a certain type of person, and the culture of the people who game here defends itself from intrusion by its very nature. It's more likely that someone spais to just cause drama then joins in order to do so.

Some people just forget we spent :10bux: to post on an internet comedy forum. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Why is there always a comical race of short people? Can we not have an MMO where humans just slaughter each other wholesale as god intended?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

vrath posted:

As far as I can tell PVP is still there. I mean, you can even just straight up random pk, as long as you have an infrastructure in place to deal with the fact that you are now a perma crim. Add to that the ability to take over towns or whatever capture mechanics there are, and now you have an option to kill mens in the period before you can support becoming a man apart.

Also, It's beautiful, the combat seems good, and most importantly because I hate myself.

Hello yes all of these things seem fun and things I like to do. Stabbing mans, then taking their things, I just wish there was a jury system like in AA where I could just be like "50s for innocent" and repeatedly get off the hook.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

kalstrams posted:

It's like Russian eBay for videogames, and all payment information is handled by proper payment processors, and neither by sellers nor by the platform itself. You can surely get hosed on the product delivery, but that's about it unless someone has enough brass in balls to tackle with PayPal (who themselves handle their transactions) or Naspers (who handle CC transactions).

If you use PayPal and someone tries to rip you off, it takes a 2 minute phone call to get your money back. PayPal is awesome for things like this.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

there are a lot of people I've seen interested in this that have hosed people over in the past

this is going to be a wild and quick ride I bet

Papa Eonwe, is this going to be like the dark times again?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
This trailer shouldn't have shocked anyone, foreign devs make super bizarre choices to appear culturally relevant in the NA market.

It's like having a game trailer voiced by George W Bush. "AMERICA LIKE GEORGE BUSH RIGHT? HAVE HIM DO VOICE."

Looking forward to linking up with my usual terrible MMO goon crew regardless in BDO.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So which goons are going to join me at the Department of Carts and Fishing Enforcement? Anyone who doesn't pay for their permits properlike are gonna be taxed heavily by proud goon enforcers interested in nothing more than upholding the law. And by taxed, I mean cave their skulls in proper like.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dukka posted:

who are you

The Don Quixote of fishing, essentially.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lewtt posted:

Unless they change the system for cbt2/release, there are multiple instances you can swap around every 15 mins or so. The only thing that matters is NA or EU

When you're forced to pick an instance at the start, whatever you pick will be what you default to when you log in

also pick a name and emblem for the guild so I can take a power nap thanks guys luv u

:wink::goatdrugs::wink:

You have my sword.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unloading about 30 keys
http://imgur.com/a/9YGYv

Goons only

:perfect:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
My impression so far of BDO this beta: All the pieces are there, but they're kind of awash with some bugs and shoddy localization.

Think of being in a ship, except the ship was built by people that have never seen a boat before, and the plans are written in a language they've never seen before. It sails, but you don't know how well it's going to hold together. My chief complaint is centered around the very cluttered UI and menu system, but the game as some excellent visual and sound design, and combat is quite crisp.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Presteign posted:

I definitely chose North America during install and have never had my launcher on anything other than North America, but it's only showing Europe servers in game.

You can change regions on the launcher.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

On KR servers costumes cost 60-80$. And there are people who have 10 or more, it's matter of adjusting your thinking about it. If you would be buying irl outfit for that much it would be ok, even if you would end up wearing it once or twice. Just because something is virtual doesn't mean it should have virtual value.

:yikes:

I guess the difference is if I buy something IRL...it's... the real world.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I like being a Warrior. Sometimes I hit things with my sword, sometimes I bash things with my shield, sometimes I use my kickfoot attack and do the damage that way.

I spent an hour trying to perfect my character's haircut. This is a good game.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
If we were to add a guide to the OP, it would be telling new people the little things/tricks (like beds) they should be doing first, to give everyone a leg up on a lot of confusing systems.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Are we making a new OP for launch with all the PROTIPS we've collected?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Sperglord Actual standing by. I had a week of vacation time I was getting yelled at to use, I'll be on. A lot. :toot:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bored Grunt posted:

Another sperg reporting in...with 2 more available if we are doing friends/family.

I don't see why we wouldn't. Lewtt is running the guild but don't see why we wouldn't use vouches.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
They're adding larger ships for piracy. :getin:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Sounds like we have an a-team sperg crew assembled for the early launch.

Talos guide us.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stormgale posted:

Kimsemus convince me to go NA, probably gently caress my sleep schedule and deal with lag.

If you go NA, you'll be with Sperg Team Actual, taking down mans and turning over carts and stabbing horses from day one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Don't. We're gonna play it for two weeks and quit. At least make your two weeks bearable.

Dude, be optimistic, it will probably make it two months before we all burn out and quit!