Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.
top loving notch lewtt :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

you honestly don't remember exactly how bad wushus UI was. It was way worse than this.

I personally am going to be unpacking the files and modifying the UI, possible bans be damned.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

My evil navi black poo poo thing just grew teeth and a forehead tattoo. Things creepin' me out.

this made me loving lose it.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

LegalPad posted:

I hope too many new players don't plan on power-leveling to 50 right at launch. 15 hours of mostly questless grinding sounds miserable, especially considering you would need to backtrack and do skipped quests to get more max contribution points, energy, and inventory slots anyways.

min maxing, its actually better to power level to 51 on launch.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Captain McStabbin posted:

So was he a much higher level than both of them or something? Cause I was watching his health the whole time and they did negligible damage to him through the whole fight.

its a +18 vs a 2 +15 geared players. +18=divine ayanad in archeage +15=illustrious bleh

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Amergin posted:

I have no clue how the hell people bumrushed to 50 in 15 hours... I've been grinding most of today and had to pass out at 32. Getting too old for this poo poo.

I passed out at 45 myself...because I right clicked the transmute and it deleted my +6 weapon(was trying to put a single gem in it). No idea how THAT bug happened. I plan to get on after maintenance and hit 50. We ran as a 3 man group for most of the day and were still on the growth leaderboards for most of it.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

7 day Guest passes for everyone 3 people.

Code 1 : 648E-CD45-CA0D-4992-8BE0

Code 2 : 8EA9-1BDE-49F5-49FA-98C8

Code 3 : BE79-1254-E616-4FA0-84B8

First come first serve.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

kalstrams posted:

There's a PGS thread for that.

I dont visit other threads besides my bookmarked :catstare:

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

kalstrams posted:

Some melee classes get to be punching bags, like tamer or warrior, but the overall situation is not as bad as in ArcheAge.

Even then...if you are REALLY good, it wont even matter. you can still rock a tamer or a warrior and poo poo on people....just good luck actually doing that if you havent played on korea for the last 6 months.

There is a warrior in our guild that can actually 1v4 basically every member of our guild except the TOP players.

That being said he was one of the top 5 players period on JP Black desert.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

kalstrams posted:

The economy is a hard rigged system mostly outside of player influence.

Wrong wrong wrong. you can control the economy, you just need a lot of capital. posting a lot of items at max price and buying out those lower raises the lower and max price, so short term loss long term gain. look at weapon stones. that was almost entirely done by the guild im in(if you were on edan when they reached 600k)

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

LegalPad posted:

That's an item that was already in the 6-digit price range.

Some of the prices set by the system are completely batshit insane and would have to be raised by 300% or much more to be worth the effort of producing to sell.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm selling individual Seeds for 200k that I can easily multiply with almost no effort, energy, or skill.

Gotta feel sorry for those poor bastards going to sell their bronze tools they slaved over only to find the game has set an arbitrary price valuing them only slightly above garbage.

we raised it from 200k-600k before the market crashed and brought it back down to 450k, due to lack of people that could afford it.

You simply get a gently caress ton of them set them for max price, buy out all the low priced ones, and put them back on for a higher price, runs a min-max system and you can artificially inflate the max quite easily, though with the 30% tax, it means you need to have a large capital to start out with and take an early loss to make a long term gain, OR have a way to simply farm weapon stones like candy like we did.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Stormgale posted:

So what does this have to do with the post you quoted?

that it is not only possible, but has been done.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I guess I'm sort of enjoying it but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot to do that necessitates a group, at least as far as leveling goes. I miss Chinagame...

Are there methods to level other than run around completing lame quests? Is it practical to just grind in a camp?

its all youll be doing later.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

minchar posted:

So, on trade wagons:

If you press R to mount the wagon, and then press T to start your autopath while the animation for climbing on the wagon is in progress, the wagon will snap to the direction of your autopath, meaning you don't have to perform a U-turn when leaving Bartali Farms anymore. Note that it takes a moment for the climbing on the wagon animation to start, also worth noting is I've only tested this with the flimsy cart.

Incase I was unclear: http://gfycat.com/FabulousTautAmericanavocet

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

klapman posted:

for berserker, the skill where you spin around with your axes stuck out. its the best one

if you can get the healing on hit awakening from it. we had a guy take 216 memory shards to get it, hes become a running joke.(im not in the goon guild) hi yggy!

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

kalstrams posted:

As someone who came to this game with the promise of open world PvP and epic GvG wars and castle sieges I have been greatly mislead as to what this game has to offer. I suffered through the atrocious grind to 50 just to find that my style of game play is extremely hard to even do because of all the terrible development ideas. First off, the fact that you are unable to even flag and engage in player vs player combat until level 45 is probably the most idiotic thing I've come across in any game ever so far. Second after I finally got to 50 I am punished for flagging and engaging in end game PvP in the open world because of this karma system, which I admit is fine to have in game but needs to be adjusted so that you can kill more than 4 people before you become a bandit.

Another issue that needs addressed is the Mounts, yes I understand you can partake in mounted combat but unfortunately unless you're a witch you cant use all of you abilities while mounted which makes combat linear and not as fun in my opinion. Also you need to be able to knock people off of their mounts easier for example if you attack from the front force the horse to buck the player off, this will allow ambush combat in a GvG war to be more relevant because as is if an enemy is mounted and I am not he can simply just run away because there is really a low chance of doing enough damage to the horse to kill or knock him off before he is gone.

So far I think the combat system of the game is great but they have created such a Carebear atmosphere for the PvE players they make it feel as if they dont even want PvPers in their game. It just baffles me that you can create such a detailed game but leave out some of the simplest and most important aspects of an MMO which is Player vs Player combat. I urge you to make changes as soon as possible, and if the people who only wish to PvE are the reason there are so many restrictions on PvP give them a non PvP server to play on.

If you are going to make a sandbox game you need to give the sandbox opportunity to all play styles not just PvErs. There are many more problems and this might not be the most well written stance but I wrote it in a hurry and while I am partially upset because as someone who only PvPs I feel as if I'm being punished because I want skill based combat where you fight other players rather than afk fishing all day.

Please make some changes quick and if the Carebears dont like the PvP aspects give them a sever, if not that trust me the game will be better off with out them.

Most of the game is based more off of guild wars and sieges.

OWpvp for flaggers, is based that way simply because of the sheer difference in 3 levels, you cant HIT people more than that higher, and tehre is no miss notification. I can perma tank some level 50's right now just due to gear, just stand there and let them beat on me.

The karma system isnt nearly as bad as i suspected due to the fact that only the last hit really gets the karma loss, so if you run gank groups, you can trade off who gets the last hit, if you solo(being that the game is based around squad sized combat, and large group organization), expect to be a red player reasonably fast.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Im happy with my weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

boho posted:

sick ghillie suit

had it turned off on purpose with the other sword, i just dont like the look of the conq pack one, and the angel one is distracting during pvp. Giant loving wings.