Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

vrath posted:

http://bdo-templates.com/

found this site, since I'm too lazy to make my own man killing beast. Also, that op is majestic as gently caress.

This is fantastic and I think lewtt should add it to his already amazing OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

Yeah but it still has $30 worth of fun for sure.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gentleman, may I introduce the West Side Wizard

http://bdo-templates.com/377/west-side-wizard

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Monomythian posted:

You don't understand, there's no market for sandbox games.

*watches Minecraft break 100 million sales, becomes biggest selling game in history*

People who like good sandbox games don't play MMOs very much. These people are smart.

People who like MMOs don't seem to be attracted to sandbox games. They are attracted to MMOs with some sandbox elements though. At the same time, I think that it is very fair to point out that it has been a really long time since a good sandbox MMO was released so maybe there is an untapped market out there waiting to satisfied? I kinda agree with the guy who said SWG was the last one like this. There have been other attempts at it but meh...

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 11, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Stanley Pain posted:

Hey everyone

This image represents the short term memories of goons who continuously buy those LEGENDARY founder's packs for $100+ game after game after game.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Gone already. That was quick.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Looks like they restocked. Try again

Yep another 2000

I am trying but it won't work for me in IE or Chrome. It is stuck on "getting your key..."

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

It gave me key in Chrome after some 5-10 minutes on "getting your key" and spamming a bunch of tabs - in one of them, "you already have a key, it's BLAH-BLAH-BLAH" did appear.

I just got one. I opened up several tabs and one eventually worked.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Reddit is also having a key give away. You need an account which is at least one month old. Just post here. They are picking people at random tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/454fr9/reddit_cbt2_key_giveaway/

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

that sounds awful for me and the people I'd lead

I'd follow you anywhere. :wink:

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

drinkfist, grithok, stanley, and lewtt for guild leader

You should be the leader and they should be the fall guys.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

2DCAT posted:

#GuildLeader @Eonwe: What is the official :eonwe: milkshake flavor of choice for BDO?

Salty tears

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Here is an extra key.

B46F-39C3-B8BC-4DA1-9490

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11822-cbt-2-events/

quote:

2. Bait Master Tour

Back by popular demand, testers will once again have the chance to catch a unique fishing title!

Event Period:

Start: Feb. 18th 08:00 UTC
End: Feb. 22nd 08:00 UTC

How-To:

Catch a Beltfish while Fishing and post a screenshot of the Beltfish in your inventory >here<

Notes:

This event is to be rewarded with the same title as CBT1 “Bait Master Tour” event
Everyone who participates with a valid entry will get the title

Event Reward:

Title: Master Baiter
Title Description: I have used my rod all day to get this title!

This just completely changed how I intend to spend my time during beta. So is there anything to know about catching the Beltfish? Location? Bait? Face East and pray before every cast?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

CrashCat posted:

man that's rude, you can't just out and ask everyone in public how to become a master baiter

I am only trying to do it properly as god intended.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

Fun with farming.
http://imgur.com/a/pVDRr

You have to be online for farming to work.

You can pick your plant or get seeds from it. Better seeds take longer. I am not sure if it would raise faster with better seeds and time or the shorter seeds.

But the whole weather dynamic and carpentry add on to farming looks neat.

For those who are interested, here is what sounds like a decent beginner's farming guide. I have not tried this yet myself but it sounds fun. The only issue seems to be that some plants take several hours to grow and you have to be online for that timer to tick. You also have to do things like fend off birds and insects. I read elsewhere that in game messages appear when your farm needs tending. Some people have suggested parking alts at your farm so that you can log into them briefly and take care of business instead of travelling back to your farm to tend to it.

http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/03/farming/

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Clocks posted:

wish there were more presets I could then modify, because as it is all the fiddly bits were too boring/daunting to bother much with

You can download presets from here and then import them through the character creator.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Someone did some graphics settings testing and wrote up a quick guide. Might be useful for some so here it is.

https://imgur.com/a/b8ZLB

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I still have no clue what I am doing but this is a pretty fun game so far. My expectations were low walking into it and there is plenty to whine about like most MMOs but I am totally convinced that it is worth $30 now. Plenty of fun to be had here.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I'm digging how the sorceress has so many attacks that are also evades. Zipping in and out between melee and mid range so quickly rules.

In general though, I am really not sure what combos are good for this class yet. Especially since everything that I have fought so far is so easy.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

futile posted:

Basically one of the AA producers is from that same guild too. The day before the community livestream or whatever they did in AA to show off the new cash shop box and all the shiny new items, the producer did a practice stream to some of his friends who are in the guild. Basically as a result they got to see the shiny new boat, some angel wings, and some poo poo like that one day before the public did. Some people got dramatic and painted this producer as being some shady bastard who was leaking super important patch info to his friends and that they were making $$$bank off it.

This really takes the phrase "first world problems" to a whole new level. Seriously, why would anyone care?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

Heh

Sperm

And sells for a lot. This anime is real life.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

MMOs are amazing places to make friends.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Does anyone know how I can fix all of the shadow flickering? It mostly happens when I am moving my character but it is really bad.

PSA: Horses don't swim and carts don't float.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 21, 2016

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Most likely it's anti-aliasing that causes the problem.

Turning off SSAO in game fixed it. Thanks.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LegalPad posted:

By some dark magic the towns really do seem "alive" as cliche as that sounds.

They hit a sweet spot with NPC density and they did a good job with how the NPCs interact with each other. Part of it is animations but it is also graphics quality. The facial expressions and the way they look at each other feels more real and less like a deer in headlights.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Cool Alchemy Guide. Pretty good starting point especially if you are like me and know pretty much nothing about crafting yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/470rzd/ambers_newbie_guide_to_alchemy_and_crafting_the/

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah, gaining access to a bed asap is probably one of the better pieces of advice to tell new players going forward in general.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

Can I crash at your place?

Sure but all I have to offer you is a case of warm mountain dew and a half eaten bag of doritos.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Jimlit posted:

I accidently set my surname to mandingo. I hope thats not going to carry over to release...

I assumed it would be wiped too but now you got me worried. Does anyone know how this worked after CBT1?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Bored Grunt posted:

If you are talking characters created during this weekend.. that will be wiped for launch. If you mean the name reservation via the website from one of the packages... I can confirm you are still able to change it as I just picked a new one this morning.

I have not purchased yet actually. I was only referring to the Family name that they made me select for CBT2. I chose something quick because I didn't feel like putting in much thought, but I never intended to commit to that name.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Eonwe posted:

solid guide - http://blackdesertfoundry.com/2016/02/16/starterlaunch-guide/

the only thing I think may be wrong is the autorun thing

This is really good.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The game has basically monetized area looting? Is there no other way to get these pets other than to pay real money?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Visidan posted:

have you ever played a korean mmo before

Yes, several but this is the first game that I played where area looting was locked behind the cash shop.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yay...

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Visidan posted:

sorry i mean a real poo poo korean mmo like archeage etc not high quality ones like blade n soul/tera

I did not play Archeage and the goon consensus has convinced me that was a good choice.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Trump will make America great again?

The next chinagame.exe

I wonder what its $100 founder's pack will include?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Third World Reggin posted:

There was one quest that gave you an option of 3 dyes. That was the only one I ran into. Looking into this, there are a few more quests but I don't know if they are repeatable.

I don't know the current price of most costumes or dyes, but from what I am reading they are too high.

Also from what I just read, other regions have a premium dye system where it is more of a pallet unlock. I think they are making a mistake with the current system.

Yeah, I do not consider their cash shop to be P2W but it does not sound like it will work well here. There are much more player friendly and simultaneously more profitable ways to do this.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The format of the guide is the worst part. Would be a lot better if it were organized as a wiki instead. People want access to lots of complete information but they usually want it in the form of a quick reference.

The best experience I ever had was the /wiki command in Guild Wars 2. That thing was infinitely useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Monster Mash posted:

apparently the only reason why that epic guide is public is because of a SPY :ninja:

I say that we retroactively classify the guide as Top Secret and accuse this SPY of leaking highly sensitive material.