Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Grundulum posted:

Why do they need to place the dirt in a safe container? Presumably the gas would have burned off already? If not, why not just finish the job and then put the dirt literally anywhere?

The dirt is now probably considered contaminated, and if you just dump it anywhere, it might run off contaminants to underground water deposits or to rivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I bought one of those when I traveled to Canada, and it sparked pretty heavily whenever I plugged it in my phone charger. I was actually scared of setting fire to the house I was a guest in because of this piece of crap.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

LindyBeige is almost universally full of poo poo. He assumes that what makes sense to him after thinking about it for 20 minutes, or works in LARPing, must have been how it really was, ignoring any actual documented accounts in the process.

I recommend his video about how class systems are good.

Don't forget about the :biotruths: sprinkled around.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

All that work just so he could... wait closer to the train.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

"soooo I'm either gonna die or this is gonna be some sick poo poo."

This has to have been the opening to at least one Jackass video

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It didn't quite fit imo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I get the feeling the guy in that video is going to be building stuff whether or not Youtube is involved. Anyway, fifteen million views on the channel at ~$1/1,000 or even less is good money in a lot of parts of the world. I’m guessing he’s in, like, Colombia or Bolivia.

He is in Camboja.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Reminds me of one of the houses I grew up in. We were on a fairly busy street on the far edge of town (the back of our property was also city limits), so it was a popular place for teenagers to go mailbox bashing. After our mailbox got taken out for the 2nd time, my dad decided to put a stop to it. He got a 6" diameter steel post and sunk it a foot deep into the sidewalk, then filled it with concrete. On the top, he had someone weld a platform slightly larger than the footprint of a mailbox, and then wrapped a rebar cage over the top. The mailbox sits inside the cage, and the flag has a little mount point on the outside.

Oh hey, thanks Google Street View!

I was half expecting you to post that one morning there was a car crashed into the indestructible mailbox.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I don't like the last page, but I'm not sure if I prefer this one. :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Humphreys posted:

Guess who previously turned two microwaves into a stick welder. And who is now turning a busted gasless Mig welder into a Spot Welder? This GUY! (still owns both thumbs)!

Early test, I've since shortened the leads and added another 2 windings so at 998Amp:

How did you convince yourself this is a good idea and how did you keep convincing yourself while you were building this thing?

This post is like 80% genuine curiosity and 20% a veiled "what the gently caress were you thinking" btw.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

thats a lot of nuts

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Here we see a successful hunt from the construction site apex predator. Now you can see the methodical removal and disposal of the meatless bucket, and the stripping of the hard steel outer layer to get to the juicy, meaty interior.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i love osha butterfly

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I can't believe 11'8 is dead

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Well you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That's a good way to fuckle up your truck.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

they should raise the bridge

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pickled Tink posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raptWPQbkMg

Guy running the 11'8'' bridge youtube channel uploaded a video of the bridge and crashbeam removal. The size of the dent in that thing is amazing.

I'm the person that has nothing to do with the work site walking around it, and without PPE to boot.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

bonelessdongs posted:

Lmao @ u if you don't write electron apps for all your industrial controls

in what else would you write your power plant apps if not electron

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

No kidding. Why all the poo poo built around a huge sink hole? The views?

I would bet that the sinkhole wasn't there when they first moved in.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Those strata layers though

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

its always going to be 11'8'' in my heart :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

And someone mentioned that Uber got acquitted, right? :psyduck:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Didn't know your wife was German.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Phanatic posted:

All that because someone didn't back with his lift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ReelBigLizard posted:

Found this in a clients office today.

Lift forbidden no machinery opening to person.