Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

double D cum bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

could have been worse

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

brugroffil posted:

I don't know how many people have been killed by forklifts at Menards, but it has to be greater than zero. Home Depot will shut down aisles and have flaggers guiding forklifts around on the floor. Menards just lets 18 year olds fly around inside and out at top speed.

One of the best/worst parts about shopping at WinCo at 6AM is dodging forklifts driven by sleep deprived cashiers who have been pressed into restocking.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Platystemon posted:

Suction cups, electromagnets, rocket engines and mandatory gopros—there are a lot of exciting possibilities in this field.

e: Or a turboprop. Surely nothing can go wrong there.

ftfy

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Good. That poo poo's literally worse than useless. It makes strep more infectious, breeds resistance, and doesn't get your hands any cleaner than just rinsing them with water.

how do you feel about vaccines and fluoride

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Last time I was at a hospital, they had hand sanitizer dispensers at every entrance to an office.

I did the hand sanitizer thing because it was implied as the polite thing to do and more importantly it was easy.

E: I had just gotten done washing my hands/wrists in the bathroom.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 15, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Sometimes at work when I'm munching on beef jerky I press it a few times to make it easier to chew.

Tell it to the x-ray tech.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

this one time my buddy removed all the latches from a forklift and it didnt fall on him

this completely unrelated other time my buddy bumped a forklift with the gas pedal and someone got hit with tines

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

H110Hawk posted:

Teen dies when carnival ride operator assures them they are fine to ride the ride despite their seatbelt not buckling: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teen-girl-dies-flung-carnival-ride-texas-article-1.2619830

Lightly used.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

loaded this on poo poo cell data so i had enough time to think about what was probably going to happen, was completely wrong

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Great Stuff is excellent product naming.

*Stuff may not be Great if ingested, used in an enclosed space, or otherwise interacted with.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

its like pulling a tooth with a string and a door

except with an engine

e: what a strange trick

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 30, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

code:
Boiling Water Study Area------>
Now you have a chance to help the future! 

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Verdafolio posted:

they also used to use gasoline at home for dry cleaning. and often this happened in the kitchen.

people also used to fall asleep with a cigarette and set themselves on fire. today cigarettes self-extinguish, and that's also why there are no more cases of "spontaneous human combustion"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMku2mhrDeo

I almost fell asleep with a lit cig smoking in while sitting up reading in bed once (nodded off then woke up when my head hit my chest so I guess I did fall asleep) and boy howdy the shitload of adrenaline meant I wasn't getting back to sleep any time soon.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I'm no tireologist but my professional opinion is that someone livestreaming poking that with a stick would be awesome.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sitting in the bar watching one of those 'hack your life' shows and the latest hack was putting skewer sticks in the ground to put foam noodles over to make a kickin rad obstacle course for your kids to run through.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

I feel like that's probably one of the few cases where a shot from a rifle is probably one of the saddest ways to handle the situation

Sorry Old Yeller's black tumor, but we have to do this.

-an accountant at that worksite

e:

The Lone Badger posted:

What about driving a few meters forward? The cab is well away from the wheel and while there's enough stored energy to take someone's arm off I doubt there's enough to seriously perturb the vehicle's stability.

You're probably right but either way it needs to be recorded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANwJp8Z5mc&t=41s

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jul 3, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Unless there's a vent cut into the wall, the AC is dumping hot air into the room in addition to cold.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

http://i.imgur.com/zQXYbCv.gifv

Pretty sure this is not safe for anyone, it rained a lot in china is the source.

that one girl is very angry about her quota

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

this is the one point where seat belt might actually be a bad idea

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 1, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

MagicBoots posted:

What do you think would happen to a child's head if it snagged on that net at high speeds? Your neck isn't actually that strong in tension.

Did his head snag on the net or the support directly left of the arrow in that picture?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

JB50 posted:

Maybe if the grain is weightless, which it isnt. Every hear of a person getting caught in one of those?, if they dont get rescued quick its pretty grim. I dont think those birds with their brittle bird bones are going to survive unscathed.

how many fingers do you have?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Say Nothing posted:

Nothing is right here.

Is the fire extinguisher for extinguishing or hitting?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Everything I know about Finland comes from hydraulic press videos and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNkLhED5Elw.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phanatic posted:

Given the stopping distance of a truck vs. the stopping distance of a car, if you do manage to do this you were either driving like a twat or have an absolutely glacial reaction time.

:nws:
Also :nms: once you look at the back of the trailer.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Lime Tonics posted:

If you have a samsung washing machine, you could have a BOMB! in your house.

Samsung, CPSC Recalling 2.8 Million Top-Loading Washing Machines Due to Risk of Explosion

“We’re talking about ... a very serious hazard of the top of these washing machines completely blowing off,” Elliot Kaye, the chairman of the CPSC, told “GMA” Investigates in an interview that aired Friday on “GMA.” “It is a lot of reports.”

Kaye said the tops of the affected units weren’t “secured enough based on a design failure. And the top just completely blows off.”

The recall affects 34 of Samsung's top-loading models that were sold from March 2011 to November 2016.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/samsung-cpsc-recalling-28-million-top-loading-washing/story?id=43291726

Video inside showing WASHING MACHINE CARNAGE.

Look if you have a better idea for using all those Note 7 batteries in the warehouse, I'm sure Samsung would love to hear them.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

The only permanent ways to fix it are to lower the road or raise the bridge. They can't just raise the bridge because it's a heavily used railway and they'd need to steadily raise and lower the grade for miles because trains don't like speed bumps, and they can't just lower the road because there's a large sewer line underneath. Anything that would permanently fix the problem is not only expensive, it would involve shutting down either a section of a major railway line or a sewer line and a heavily trafficked local intersection for an extended period of time.

A giant sawzall mounted in front of the bridge, you're welcome.

E:

Master Twig posted:

Something just occured to me. Every video I've seen of that bridge has people hitting it from the same direction. Do they not bother to show them the other side because the angle isn't as good for the video? Surely people hit it from the other direction too.

The camera is apparently in some dude's office, it's not an official DoT camera or anything.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 5, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Surprisingly non-OSHA but still relevant to this thread's tastes thread about suspending yourself hundreds of feet off the ground for money thread in A/T:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795469&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

What the hell, A, B, and D are all correct based on the wording in the slide. Unless this is a clever way to catch people who are just marking C, in which case I approve. :colbert:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

mustang head-on into the gate post

All its missing is a cars and coffee meetup.

E: Above post strangely relevant.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 20, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

Genuine question, why?

If the walls next to the staircase are insulated, what point does further insulation serve?

So that this doesn't happen:

The real story is that he barbecued too close to the house, but I already had it on my clipboard for another thread.

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 8, 2017

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

oohhboy posted:

So are his walls insulated or not? You are sort of implying he didn't insulate his walls.

Also tell everybody about the load bearing dry wall.

you build your walls with the insulation and 2x4s you have, not the insulation, 2x4s, or foundation you have

e: someone else should tell the load bearing drywall story because i know as much about structural engineering as grover except i understand that i dont know

fake edit: and the part where he signed off on his own electrical work

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 8, 2017

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Does your corporation have employees?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Jack Ohman is the best loving cartoonist ever and I am pissed my local paper (The Oregonian) lost him.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

if bad people cant have guns, the cops will be unarmed
-an effective 19 year old

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Powershift posted:

He'll be fine, he's a stuntman.

Not sure what he was trying to accomplish or if he succeeded, but it's still funny.

do it again, just not like that
-jackie chan

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Powershift posted:

I guess stealing poo poo is technically their job.

New Fast and Furious looking strangely accurate.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

10 Beers posted:

Did they not have any kind of paperwork saying that they were told to take the "on lock" button off?

And it probably had wording to the effect of "this is not acceptable long term, replace these before our next visit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

We train to jump out and hop away as soon as you make eye contact