Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DirtyHarold posted:

the Depleted Uranium counterweights that had been liberated from the airframe during the crash.

That is just the most wonderful euphemism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

axolotl farmer posted:

Supposed to be a rich guy who bought himself a helicopter, read the manual and thought he could just go for a spin.

I mean, technically he did just that :v:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
The Wikipedia entry on BER has a Statistics section and it's just :discourse:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

moist turtleneck posted:

wwsqsfdp[wer4sedfpokjnwekjnfkoknmvxclp[as

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

* Ini Kamoze's "Here Comes The Hotstepper" plays faintly in the background *

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
uhhh

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Perfect demonstration of why so many BattleBots were wedge-shaped.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

OSHA: Occasional Snake-Handling Adventures.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://twitter.com/polscotrpu/status/1182244037165760513

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Forgive the meme, but I'll be damned if this wouldn't be a good way to communicate occupational hazards with some people:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Hell yeah BA fan club checking in.

I'll always support Claire's arts & crafts tendencies, but I was going :ohdear: throughout this one.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

That's one spicy 5.25" floppy.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Proteus Jones posted:

that's hosed up.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Volcott posted:

On the closed course that variable is a leaf.

In my case, a tiny little bit of wet gravel at the MSF course caused me to lay the bike down.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Found on the woodworking subreddit as the machine that ate 3 fingers in its lifetime, which seems far too low imo:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

This is a table saw but flipped 90 degrees

I think it's technically a wood shaper, but instead of a spinning bit (already inherently dangerous) you have a horizontally mounted blade. It's been modified with outright malice.

But yeah, the greater point stands -- there just doesn't seem to be any way of using this thing safely. How do you feed anything in there without pinching the cutoff and having it shoot out in a random direction? How do you keep your hands away from the blade?

Apparently, this is in a shop in Palestine, which does explain both the use-whatever-you-have ethos and the cavalier approach to safety given the surroundings. But still... Eat one of my fingers, shame on you. Eat two of my fingers, shame on me.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Yes, yes, noise bad. Can we focus on what's important: the first few frames of that video and wtf it depicts?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Found this in a clients office today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Byzantine posted:

My god, somebody actually dug up