Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyn3_mqHeic

Garbage truck explodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

That was a twist, I expected something with the forklift to happen

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

BrianPhillips posted:

Hadn't seen this posted. Looks like fun...except for that fall.

How bored do you have to be before that seems like a good idea?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

I love how once the guard gets the gate open he doesn't back up anymore, he doesn't seem concerned that its on fire

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Ya the first guy was smart he just booked it all the way, other one continues to wave him through as the fire is feet away from him

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

Every video of these makes it look like the most fun way to eventually end up dead.

I wonder if people did this stuff as much before they could show off with their go pro

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

At a guess, I'd say people leaving lights on probably constitutes a large part of battery sales.

I wonder what percent of cars don't have automatic lights at this point

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Pyrotoad posted:

There's a video of one of those wingsuit guys clipping a bridge that's got a crowd of people watching him on it but I'm not watching it again. I'm pretty sure you can see his legs flying off into the distance.

Did they ever find the leg?

Edit: Never mind, saw it was fatal

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

`Nemesis posted:

There was a mishap in the UK today at a power station being demolished. Sounds like the explosives went off early, 1 dead and 3 missing.

Pics and videos, nothing graphic.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-35641766

I wonder why they were in there if it was in the process of being demolished

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Uncle Enzo posted:

Before you can blow up a building, someone has to go in there and you know, place the explosives, wire them together, etc. People also need to be close by to run wires and such. The explosives do not magically appear in the rickety old buildings, which are often unsafe which is why they're being demolished in the first place.

Figured it would be easier to just demolish it using a wrecking ball so poo poo like this wouldn't happen

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

He really did himself in on that one, he put so much force into the shovel

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Nude posted:

Can confirm it broke my table. But I don't mind. Let me see if timg works.
http://i.imgur.com/ZjcXzaK.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/8iR01IB.gifv

Edit: Nope. No it doesn't.

drat on the second clip it looks like some guy was on the end of the first one that fell, unless I am imagining that

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

Those stairs are an art installation, sorry guys :(

Is it supposed to represent capitalism?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Pinguliten posted:

I'm sure they think the local version of osha is more of a suggestion.

They probably just think its a silly idea

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Kilo147 posted:

wanna ride that rightmost tower down

I wonder if that was supposed to happen

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

I bet you dollars to doughnuts he is hiding from his wife

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Boko Haram posted:

My warehouse just got inspected by OSHA last week while I was on holiday. Had at least 20 violations posted on our entrance when I came back to work. I'll see if I can grab a quick picture or quote some good poo poo come monday.

Is that normal to have so many violations?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Mithaldu posted:

Great read so far.

That may qualify as a safety hazard

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Is that real? Why don't more people do that?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

FIRST TIME posted:

This is only serves to encourage the retards who think that not wearing their seat belt is safer because they'll "be thrown clear".

Good. :smugdog:

Being thrown clear sounds great, unless you think about all the hard objects out there like trees, the ground etc, it really is complicated

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Literally brought down the house

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Pointing it over your head seems like a bad idea

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

It absolutely is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9DkciMTsLI&t=73s

That feel when you have to blow on your flamethrower because it's on fire.

That's the most russian thing I have seen in a while

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Highblood posted:

Too bad it's actually just an american pretending to be russian

Doing stupid stuff is Russian enough

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Looks like a job for the intern

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Red Suit posted:

Today a plant supervisor bypassed a safety feature in an electrical box by passing a current through it with a paper clip.

Also I guy claiming to be plumber open a 125psi valve and the sound repurted his loving ear drum.

Using a paperclip to bypass safety features can only end well

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

SneakyFrog posted:

loitering is loving annoying.

You must not live in a major city

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

FIRST TIME posted:

I'm curious to know how they got the car in the air to begin with.

That's what I couldn't figure out, maybe a ramp of some kind

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Report them for a gold star from your manager

Hopefully there is an anonymous system

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

This looks professionally done

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Karma Monkey posted:

It looks like some of the corner went through the helmet? :ohdear:

Either way he is still probably better off than he would have been otherwise

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

That construction vehicle must have been going super fast to be half way into the bridge like that

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

why do you think roads need repairs so often? if they made the roads perfect the first time they would be out of work!

That's why we have cancer, if we didn't doctors would be out of work

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Gromit posted:

Terrifying!

Looks like it should be tipping over

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

I feel like cheeks shouldn't do that.

Isn't that similar to how glass blowing works?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

JFairfax posted:

While trying to make an exciting shooting video, a Georgia man packed a lawn mower with Tannerite. He inadvertently used too much of the explosive and when he fired on the lawnmower, the explosion was so powerful, it blew-off his left leg below the knee.

http://water-and-woods.com/2016/03/man-blows-his-leg-off-shooting-at-lawn-mower-filled-with-high-explosives/

I like how more than one person thought this was a good idea

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Son, let me introduce you to FPSRussia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT44eYyArS4

The first scene isn't acting. The cameraman really did get a serious injury from a flying fridge piece.

How is any of that legal?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

I talked to this guy once and he confirmed that FPSRussia is a giant rear end in a top hat. He actually received a lifetime ban from a range in Florida that GY6vids uses because he blew up a trailer and then just packed up his film crew and left without even attempting to clean up the mess.

You're not expected to clean up the mess but you should definitely cut a check to the owner

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

Blistex posted:

It still blows my mind that tannerite is a legal substance to buy. Then again it blows my mind that someone is stupid enough to fill a metal object (complete with blades designed to cut things) with it and shoot it from anything other than a benchrest distance.

Guns + metal is already dangerous, adding explosives to the mix is asking for trouble.

You would think he would be smart enough to get further away and get behind some sort of barrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014

satanic splash-back posted:

Did you just suggest the idea of a basilisk originated in a Harry Potter book?

Either way not everyone is a classical mythology nerd