Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

TerryLennox posted:

Lesson 1: don't use gas for anything except putting it in your damned car.

Gas is fine for what you wanted to do, you just used way too much of it. It only takes a few drops, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

I never know if table breaking is still bannable.

Never break a table again with timg for your large images!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

Does that work with embedded videos? If you look at what I was replying to you can see what I am talking about.

I don't know. I'm on the phone app so I don't see a lot of table breaking.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Mithaldu posted:

There's people who kill themselves with forklifts, and then there's people who wield it like a jedi wields the force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5xvBYJB0A

All that sweet, precious cocaine!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

mds2 posted:

Wastepaper basket in the shop office. no poo poo.

In a mine. Yeah, that's ridiculous, paper isn't flammable at all.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

They said reporter narrowly avoids getting out of the way. They didn't say anything about "cameraman gets hit by car!" Welcome to LA!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

That whistling though, sounds like one of the guards from Thief. "Down here in the cold and the dark and the damp!"

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

GirlBones posted:

It's true that MSHA are major sticklers but IIRC ~30 people died in mines in the US last year compared to like 1,000 in construction so...

Cause, meet effect.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

C.M. Kruger posted:

US Navy liquid oxygen safety film from the 70s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9sIT6P_05I
Gore warning for the end.

The 1970s was the best time for military training films, I swear.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

It reminds me of old Sesame Street shorts and I can decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I watched it and I learned from it, so yeah! Probably a good thing.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

calvus posted:

I like how more than one person thought this was a good idea

Too much. Yeah, I'll say: Three pounds of the explosive, probably two and a half pounds too much.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

gender illusionist posted:

or he was scared

I prefer to think his constitution was hard as a rock!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

genesplicer posted:

they continued to let us run around back there, even with stuff like that lying just under the surface.

When I was stationed in Korea, we went to one campsite on the DMZ where we set up our tents and they told us not to use tent stakes because it was an old minefield. Later that year, while in the field, a couple of soldiers went into the woods to dig a latrine and found one the hard way.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Hyperlynx posted:

Those look like antitank mines, though. They're designed to only be set off by the weight of vehicles.

Antitank mines require 2-300 lbs of direct pressure, compared with antipersonnel mines which only require 15-30 pounds.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

How much would you predict an average soldier weighs in their gear? A good 300 pounds?

With ruck and weapon and body armor and ammunition, probably close.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is it legal to have a loose dog in a national park?

No, and now you know why. Most rules are in place because somebody did a thing and died or at least got severely injured.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Oh really? I thought that was this:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Being told from a young age that being proactive and doing anything and everything asked with zero question or delay will get you fast-tracked to the top leads to that kind of thing. As opposed to the reality that there is no upward momentum through bullshitting, schmoozing and having family/neighborhood connections

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Waffle! posted:

I always heard with bees or wasps that they released a pheromone when they died that told any of their friends nearby who to go after.

There is a puff of a powdery substance that jets out when you disturb a Yellow Jacket nest. This will cling to your skin, your clothes and so on. Even if you run, this will leave a trail in the air that the hornets can follow and they will follow it for hundreds of yards and sting the ever living gently caress out of you. I know this first hand, and I never even saw the nest beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Elsa posted:

You don't have to die, just get hurt enough to sue the company and walla you own it now.

:psyduck:

The word is Voila. Are you also enjoying the Coop in Turkey?

mostlygray posted:

so I was really there to save the seed, not the person.

You were really there to learn a healthy respect for the machinery.