Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Evilreaver posted:

The proper procedure to link trolley cars
http://i.imgur.com/zflfdiu.mp4

This was the #1 cause of injury & death in railroad yards since about 1860.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

That's a good way to get gored.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

tactlessbastard posted:

My wife bought an old office chair that wouldn't stay up or even rise at all when you spin it. She asked me to look at it and see if I could fix it.

I doubt it, honey.

My wife's wouldn't stay up, either. I put an old pair of Vise-Grips on it a year ago.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

MF_James posted:

Wife submitted new ticket: Chair won't go down now. Please fix ASAP

Yes dear. It's item #483 on the list, right after I use sand+detergent to clean the fog out of the inside of your milk bottle collection

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

boner confessor posted:

dude on skytv who lived on the fourth floor says the only reason he is alive is because the guy whose kitchen exploded went around knocking on doors. he also said he had a hard time escaping through the smoke from a low floor and that the only (!) stairway was lined with gas pipes (!!!) so this is probably going to be a bad one

Apparently (at least per the Independent), Muslim residents up early for Ramadan may have played a significant role in alerting residents: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-a7789111.html

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Does it look to anyone else like the side panels are made out of glass?

Even if it's tempered & say, 1/4" thick, it shouldn't even really stand up to what is (or was) in there already. And that is assumng the brackets on the steel are fairly large & spreading the load around.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Bubblyblubber posted:

Hot_leaked_threephase_nudes_xxx.png

:stare: More like, "Shuttershock"

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Memento posted:

Automatic bird scaring device. It sounds off every few minutes to keep birds off your grapes/fruit/whatever.

Generally they look slightly less ramshackle.

In south Jersey, that's a "crow cannon."

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Corporate America presents: The Wheel (Excel version)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Jesus, that reminds me of that oil-well-pump-checker that got skewered through the giblets to his truck by one of those pipe gates - he was driving into the setting sun & failed to see that the gate had swung across the track. The pipe sealed the wound; they cut the pipe in the cab & took him to the hospital with the pipe in place. He survived.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

:stare:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Gobbeldygook posted:

Romania. Longer video with other angles. Driver was dazed but fine.

Was going to say: it caught some decent air.

I'm the dog coming forth to investigate.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Displaced fractures.

I can't figure out what all the white squiggly parts are. It's almost like the skull was previously wired together, and then...this.

There a link?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Krinkle posted:

Can someone explain? I don't know what that thing is. It just looks like a screwdriver to me.

It means that there is 110 -220VAC running through the water supply lines somewhere, and that you should be wearing your well-insulated shoes whilst showering or washing your hands.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

They roll south to Pisco Valley, Peru to fledge

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Deteriorata posted:

It's a Mercedes, so it will work until a week after the warranty expires.

Unless you lube it thrice monthly with the patented teutonic Unicorn Grease® such as is required for MB sunroof tracks. poo poo costs more than printer ink.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm the ceiling tile that got blown up by the displaced air as the cart sailed by.

I almost forgot to remove a necklace with a (civilian) steel dogtag on it. The set-up tech didn't notice it.

I haven't had another since a heart surgeon installed a titanium ring in my left atrium. I know, intellectually, that titanium is non-ferrous. On an instinctual level, however, I harbour a small degree of trepidation about my next trip through the doughnut.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 6, 2017

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

What the hell exploded?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Go outside today & test it by pointing it at the sun.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Have fun picking glass shards out of your meat sock.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Read "The Firecracker Boys." :stare:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Here's a golden oldie from early 60s San Francisco (courtesy of LIFE magazine)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Lord, if only my liability investigations had this level of evidence.

poo poo.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Collateral Damage posted:

I'll go on Mr Musk's Wild Ride if it means not having to endure another 12+ hour flight.

Twelve hours or five Gs. Your pick.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Good goddamn. Stolen.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Least he received a decent burial.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Goddamn gophers.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I have read about people being "gobsmacked," but never thought I'd actually see it. That ref.

Where they gently caress they all running off to?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Enourmo posted:

Wait til you find out about the plethora of trucks driving down busy surface streets with their "off-road only" 10 gajillion lumun LED bars lit up like a miniature sun. Which cops happily drive by on their way to nab someone doing 46 in a 45.

Just saw this Saturday night in Phila. A Dodge Bro-rider with an enormous LED rig mounted in, or under, the front bumper (I couldn't really get a close look because I value my night-vison & retinas). Wouldn't have been so bad maybe if it was. I don't know, pointed down towards the pavement. But no.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

*screams internally*

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

`Nemesis posted:

That brake clean spray poo poo is not fun to get in your eyes, ask me how I know

gently caress no. Worse than gasoline in both eyes.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Arms_Akimbo posted:

There have been a number of planes that have crashed due to pilot sleep deprivation, where they are breaking their yokes trying to push down when the auto pilot is pulling up because they just don't know what's going on anymore. Regional airline pilots generally live like 6 guys in a 1 bedroom because they earn so little and fly so many hours.

Reading Patrick Smith's Ask The Pilot blog, including such delightful poverty hacks as how to cook ramen in a hotel-room coffee maker, is as frightening as it is depressing

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I believe he's about to get his rear end kicked.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

My son sent me this from his job, this morning.

I told him to stay as far away from it as possible, particularly when it was in operation.

He expressed his desire to keep himself intact and stayed on the other side of the warehouse.

Apparently, it's scheduled for maintenance. Soon.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Bacon Taco posted:

What crazy moon country do you live in where trucks have these?

United States

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

chitoryu12 posted:

Personally I think it would be better if they did put additional effort into animating extraneous detail, like looks of horror on everyone's faces and people tripping as they fall in the background.

Perhaps they could work with our neighbors to the north.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwCyVku1HvI

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

One amazing trick to wind up your New Year's party! Guests HATE This!!!!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Saturday Night Special.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

TTerrible posted:

I don't think any part of that is a Saturday Night Special.

https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/saturday-night-special-firearms-2355.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Worst accident I ever had was about 100-yards from my front door. Unlicensed driver left-turned me, I hit her head-on.