Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
http://i.imgur.com/Ab4ibtG.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
:stare:

How did a hurricane manage to hit Moscow? Did it form in the Black Sea/Mediterranean, or did it form on land, or what?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zil posted:

In the US would most likely be called a Microburst

That makes sense, thanks

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ron Jeremy posted:

An eruption that would deposit that much on the ground would also throw up a whole poo poo load into the atmosphere. It'd be like a nuclear winter around the whole world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

Sounds like the perfect counter to climate change to me :unsmigghh:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
In the future, dads will get to lose limbs every time mom hits the brakes!

probably won't help that he's getting all up in that blade's business while he waves

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

That post/username combo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
OSHA.pdf: He was curious about the resistance level of the human body

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Crosspost from pyf

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GotLag posted:

"The child pushed a fork into a socket and was electrocuted." Did they live or die? Nobody knows! Now every time you mention electrocution you now have to say if it's fatal or not, good job increasing clarity.

Most people will assume you mean "shocked" and that if the the kid died, you'd either add "to death" or you'd just say "he stick a fork in a socket and died" because the electricity is implied by the socket and who needs a highly specific 5 syllable word for one type of death in everyday language

So yeah nah, you don't have to clarify because it'll be assumed you mean nonlethally, unless the person you're talking to is a massive "well ACTUALLY" toolbag

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 16, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GotLag posted:

I'm not sure what the default Android keyboard does, but I use Swype on my phone and it offers potential corrections but doesn't change anything without my asking it to. Which is how an input system should behave. I can't remember if that's default behaviour or if I had to change it, though.

That's default behaviour. I've never had an iDevice and I'm pretty shocked to find out that's how they work, that's incredibly stupid

It also makes a bunch of those "I changed X to Y in my mom's phone" pranks suddenly make way more sense in retrospect

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I love that he's got to turn a key in the ignition to start the thing up, I guess so he can take the key away when he's not using it to avoid having his stoner buddies loving around with it and accidentally lasering their eyes into smoking craters.

I wonder if he had to find that out the hard way.

I'm betting whoever built the laserbong had enough experience working with lasers to know he'd better include an interlock, because people do dumb enough poo poo when they're sober.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Well obviously that's for motorcycles

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

No, he was already Asian

What

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 24, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I was buying it until the premature baby's head flew across the room and got blood on everyone. Physics and biology don't work that way.

I could see something like that happening, but that story is--at the very least--extremely embellished.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mo_Steel posted:

Everyone else gave scientific reasons like rotor flexibility and angles and stuff, but I'll tell you the truth.

Like horses, helicopters have a blind spot directly in front of them and you risk spooking the helicopter. They are skittish creatures and may trample you if so startled.

Helicopters as horses is such a good analogy it's crazy. I guess it makes sense since they're modern cavalry

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

zedprime posted:

I see what you're doing there Mr Fisher.

The central core thing probably makes it some what easier to hack in a solution. Like let's say you have 4 plumbing hook ups on the core. Then on the unit you just have a quick connect that's actuated to connect and disconnect at the end of a hose that has a play of 90 degrees around the core.

Rotate within 90 degrees, the hose play has you covered, probably with an actuated collar keeping it unrolled in the correct way. Go further and it pauses to disconnect and reconnects to the next quick connect ports.

imo it'd probably be simpler to just have the bathrooms be part of the core structure, and you use whichever bathroom happens to be rotated towards you

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Buckets everywhere

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

haveblue posted:

I'm a rod :wiggle:

I'm a hogshead :wiggle::wiggle:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm a nanomort

:golfclap: I appreciate this

would the opposite be a megadeath?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

Not if you rub them the wrong way.

um is the wrong way "not at all" because they're smooth from any angle, how do you think they swim so fast :rolleye:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The best part is in the event of a fire, that sign might burn up, leaving everyone without a way to know where the "alternative exit" is!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/ChappellTracker/status/989949475996229632

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Locator posted:

Have a link to the story on this? Seems like the three people walking into that hallway almost had to get run down.

IIRC the security cameras are motion activated, so it's likely the people we see passed through the area some time beforehand.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spog posted:

Was their mission : 'Be a dick to the greatest number of people possible. Difficulty level: no airstrikes, no guns'?

More like "get through this road full of traffic as quickly as possible, without stopping, because we are a big fat loving target and can't stop for even a moment"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Imagine volunteering (and they are all volunteers) to join or stay in an army with active foreign occupation forces, then justifying ramming a bunch of civilian vehicles overseas because the choices you made have left you in fear for your safety. It's like every cop that escalates a situation then murders some kid because he was "afraid for his life" in the situation he created.

Kind of, except the soldiers themselves aren't the ones who created that situation.

And I don't have to imagine :/

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Encrypted posted:

Jesus christ guys just get a cat and you can boop them all you want while staying safe.

Yeah but they're cat sized, I wanna boop a tiger damnit :(

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

How many hogshead is that?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I love that some people saw the glass lifter suction cup things as a person clinging to the glass, that's both hilarious and horrifying. And when I try to see it as a little guy, I can kinda see it that way.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Cursed thread reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1rxsgUuew0

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I just came to post this lol

The best "beware of dog" sign

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CannonFodder posted:

Gonna read that as vaporwave instead of vapoware

C A P T A I N F U C K H A M

That's how my brain read it at first

FUCKHAM ザ無ゼ

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Phanatic posted:

That's not going to closely resemble a car to a whole bunch of sensor technologies, including ultrasound.

Former ultrasonic test technician here popping in to let you know you're 100% wrong about this and apparently have no clue how sound works and based on how wrong you are here you're probably also wrong about everything else in this dumb armchair assessment.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

If that was a movie Monkey Island, the rock landing would have thrown something up in the air and landed on him

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

FCKGW posted:

I don't know the particulars of this case but if it's anything like the American Southwest you can have monsoon rains 100 miles away that cause flooding and death in canyons while the weather is hot and clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5I9CEPOOI4&t=190s

Also skip to 8:50 if you want to see something real cool (and scary)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

fuuuuuuuuuuuck the other day I was wondering if/when a rescuer was gonna bite it, I'm really sad it happened. God this better not be a bad omen.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Why don't they put the kids in sacks made of shark skin, the smoothest thing in the natural world, I bet they'd slide right through the passages

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Throw a bunch of glycerin and cellulose into the water, turning it into Astroglide. Then put the kids in shark-skin sacks. Then increase the air pressure inside the cave, and fire those kids kids down the tunnel at Mach 2.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShYsBiB7wlE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Piell posted:

Yet somehow all the other tourists got out

airtight case for making the man a national pariah, break out the torches and pitchforks boys