Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow, that was a really nice tree. Sucks it had to come down because of some rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

goatsestretchgoals posted:

The whole OSHA thread loves Chainsaw Dog, a lovely dog that cuts wood! *5 seconds later* We regret to inform you the dog is a double amputee

It's ok, turns out he was racist anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ugh, what is this dumb bar thing for? I'll just duck under here real quick. OH poo poo! Why didn't anyone warn me a train was coming?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll bet he just drove home normally like he didn't just cause thousands of dollars in damage.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like the oblivious guy who almost slams a pallet into a rangerover and then backs up into that pool without looking.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
No one knew cutting a car in half and making it longer than originally designed could be so complicated.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

spankmeister posted:

Smart quotes are the work of the devil

Lol of course Apple has to have their own special apostrophes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Good thing we only have to deal with them for another year.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

Where was the original stream for this? I want to subscribe to live lift offs. I already got nasa but they didnt have a notification go out.

Did you make sure to hit the Bell and smash that subscribe button?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did steal your nerdy brother's laptop or something. Get back to the football scrimmage, brah

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Is that even a thing? What was that even hooked up to?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Assuming it's not a joke, he would have to accidentally pull the trigger at some point.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My dad is obsessed with the concept of powering cars with super fast flywheels. It will be super great when a car crashes and that flywheel binds up and wants to get rid of its energy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

angryrobots posted:

Being that the car's electrical system does not have any potential relative to the Earth, it seems like the bigger hazard is trying to move around and jump out without contacting two parts of the vehicle that are now unintentionally at a different potential because of the failure.

If the car was on fire, of course you gotta get the hell out but if it was just throwing some kind of electrical failure warning I'd think you should wait for the safety crew to throw the external switch before moving.

They just tell the driver to jump clear of the car. The track workers have rubber gloves to protect themselves.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is that from Death Stranding?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

This reminds me of when a pipe next door to a comm room burst at work. It busted through a wall and sprayed water directly into an ethernet patch panel. The cable dogs had to replace all the horizontal runs because the water seeped several feet into the cables. Luckily I wasn't there when it happened. I don't know how they dealt with it because the water hitting the patch panel would have just dripped down to the floor tiles where all the power connections were.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 12, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just stand on the tub or the sink to access the controls. It seems like you can either be tall enough to reach the controls, but too tall to use the toilet, or short enough to use the toilet, but too short to access the controls.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Endman posted:

When I used to work in public housing maintenance, we had a specific code for the toilet roll holder because of how often tenants managed to snap them off the wall. God knows why they were exerting so much pressure on them.

They were standing on it so they could do their laundry, dummy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Uh, I think you're supposed to grab it and hold it above you.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does the plane not have any safety measures for not pressuring the inside up to marianas trench levels?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Relentless posted:

Let me introduce you to The Oven of Akhnai.

Rules Lawyering is a deeply ingrained part of the Jewish faith.

So this guy says that the oven fits their rules and everyone else says "NUH UH" so then he gets god to do magical acts to signify that he is correct, and then god directly speaks to them and says "hey, this guy is right." But then the other guy says a quote from the torah and everyone agrees that it proves the first guy is wrong because they disagree with him. So then the second guy banishes the first guy in the name of unity. Then later says that he talked to god and god was super happy that they defeated him. I expected to see "and that Rabbi was Donald Trump" at the end of the wikipedia page.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

Who loving fired? The guy behind the door didnt seem like he was even facing that direction

police are very trustworthy and should defintely have guns jfc

The guy wearing the bodycam did. She goes out the door, he brings his gun up and fires.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

echomadman posted:

She was shot through the door by the other guy who was fumbling trying to shoot the dog, not the bodycam guy.

Ok, I see that now, but that makes even less sense. She got shot in the back, so the bullet had to go through the door and then hit her. Did the guy just assume the dog was on the other side of the door and shoot through it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ok, that makes a bit more sense. It happens so quickly but it doesn't look like he's trying to shoot the dog. Seems like he accidentally pulled the trigger while trying to get cage closed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Die of embarrassment.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

My piston rings are hosed, so the lubricant is going to be burned anyway.

This one had a good ending.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

jobson groeth posted:

Why would you drive so fast that your stopping distance is longer than you can see? You're literally setting yourself up to fail.

People are stupid.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I remember when I was driving up to colorado with my friend in her Jeep Cherokee. i'm driving on a snowy highway going as fast as I feel is safe with 4wd. Then this guy in a car kept trying to pass me. He would get a little ahead of me but then his car would go a bit too fast and would get squirrely and he'd slow down. I kept thinking "Jeez dude, gently caress off. I don't want to get into a wreck just because you're an idiot." I don't know how he planned on getting over because the center line was pretty much just slush and ice.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 16, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Can I construct an anti-eruv inside their eruv where they aren't allowed to carry things anymore?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Also, ambulance driver is not the preferred nomenclature, man.

Fine, meat wagon pilot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What if they just made a shabbat ambulance like a shabbat elevator. The ambulance automatically drives to every house, so if someone has an emergency they can just get in without having to operate a phone and it takes them to the hospital (eventually, after stopping at every house on the way).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If they were able to change "wall" to "wire" once, why don't they just change the rules again to something easier to deal with?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Rules pretty much exist for the "it's ok, I know exactly what I'm doing and what can go wrong" people. You seem like the old hand in a very special sitcom episode or drama where someone new shows up and starts changing rules so everything is more safe. You say "I don't need your rules, I've done this for 20 years." Then at the end of the episode, people are in the break room, the lights dim, there's a big buzzing down, a crash. Everyone runs into the room and you're on the ground saying "I don't know what happened." Then the new guy says "If you had only followed the rules I set out, this wouldn't have happened. Then everyone learns an important lesson.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hey man, he read about Challenger and then got a Great Idea™ to teach people about it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I ain't afraid of no neutrons

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

grillster posted:

That is the way they do the spark plugs in a Triton engine without the special tool

Is the special tool dynamite?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It would also contain burn pit smoke to give you cancer 10 years later.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That's why I only ever walk along equipotential lines.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Endman posted:

My only OSHA dad story is that when I was really little my dad got me to ‘help’ with some woodwork.

He handed his tiny idiot son a 15kg industrial clamp which promptly slipped from his baby hands and smashed his foot bones. Mum was not impressed.

I’ve always had a weirdly discoloured toe.

My dad wanted me to crawl into a confined space full of bugs to check the spa for leaks when he could have just unscrewed the wood panels that were over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Coxswain Balls posted:

Did anyone else make stun guns out of disposable cameras when those still existed? I'm surprised we never got in trouble for those, even after accidentally shorting one on a napkin dispenser in the mess hall and making sparks fly. Cadet camp was fun as heck.

https://youtu.be/EtIimoxpN9c

My supervisor once told me about a potential OSHA thing that was prevented by a security violation. A guy wanted to make a rail gun so he brought a bunch of disposable cameras into a SCIF (classified area) and decided to get rid of the film by just taking a bunch of pictures of the floor. He was going to use the capacitors to make a railgun somehow.