Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord

I mean they don't even sell styrene sheets and I swear they don'the sell model trainumber anymore. Their stores just smell of old lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders

i like hobby lobby :3:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Spandex Bonerlord

"Let's go to hobby lobby"
"No Grandma I don't want to"

alnilam

More like crappy lobby, and... and i-don't-like-aels

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
the way my fiancee explains it:

hobby lobby is against paying for employees birth control so they're conservative types and shouldnt have my business, but their home trinkets inventory is way better than michaels.

michaels is for those who wish to respect the liberal agenda. well i guess thats all it really has going for it...

Admiral_eX_laX fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 16, 2016

Spandex Bonerlord

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

hobby lobby is against paying for employees birth control
I'm pretty sure that 60 year old women don't need birth control.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

DaveSplitter posted:

A lot of women need birth control medications for things other than preventing pregnancy.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

DaveSplitter posted:

they need something to protect themselves against venereal disease.

places like Lady Lake FL are basically old people towns chock full of horny swinging grandmas.

Behold:

http://uptownmagazine.com/2014/06/fl-villages-retirement-community-peggy-klemm-swinging-orgies/ posted:

Peggy Klemm, 68, was arrested and charged with public indecency and public intoxication after being caught having sex with David Bobilya, 49, in a square of The Villages, the world’s largest retirement community located in Florida.

Surprisingly, the sex act comes as no shock to residents, who typically go for romps in golf carts. In fact, Klemm was put on probation for drunk driving her golf cart just four days prior to her arrest. The shock for residents is that she was arrested for her actions.

Get a load out of this hot momma! Hubba hubba!

what I'm saying is, Michael's would do great business here. Hobby Lobby won't touch this demographic!

b h m

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

places like Lady Lake FL are basically old people towns chock full of horny swinging grandmas.

brb plane

Spandex Bonerlord

mister magpie posted:

A lot of women need birth control medications for things other than preventing pregnancy.

I am an expert on old women I think I know what I'mean talking about when I say that grandma doesn't need birth control, and she definitely doesn'the need her other medz.

mags

DaveSplitter posted:

I am an expert on old women I think I know what I'mean talking about when I say that grandma doesn't need birth control, and she definitely doesn'the need her other medz.

After a lifetime of existential dread, granny needs all the chemical help she can get to face down the grim specter of death and welcome it while fearing the void.

paul_soccer12 posted:

Spandex Bonerlord

But I digress this thread isn't about birth control, it is about how bad "hobby" shops are. What i'my saying is that I made a bad thread.

mags

All I know is that Hobby Lobby doesn't sell Gunpla

paul_soccer12 posted:

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

DaveSplitter posted:

I made a bad thread.

no you did not this thread is going places it has potential.

FutonForensic

me: hey there grannie. why don't u come to my place and show me your knick-knacks. im talkin bout sexxxxx (i hold the 'x' sound for ten seconds)

grannie: lmbo. sorry junior. i got all the man i need right here (she's holding two Styrofoam balls and a dowel)

FutonForensic

me: hey, you sexy raisin. you got a man in your life?

grannie: (stares off wistfully) Oh yes. his name is Michaels

me: (to myself, holding back the tears) not again... who the hell is this guy... (couldn't hold the tears back)

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
[some band appears]

*plays to the chorus hook...a dramatic pause...*

granny: OOOOOOOHHH....I'M GONNA GUM YAAAAAAA

*amazing guitar solo*

*les claypool is on bass*

EDIT: nevermind, I'm thinking about Ministry and this has nothing to do with Les Claypool

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:agreed: op. i went to a hobby lobby once cuz I needed plasticard for making airbrush stencils but they didn't have any. then i went to michaels, but at least they had airbrush components

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Piso Mojado

they are absolutely real hobby shops....real CRAPPY!

Seriously though, Michaels is alright for on the fly craft materials and has better fabrics if you are a casual and don't have a local fabric store you can work with. Joannes is also pretty good but their fabrics are terrible. Really these places are just for emergencies because you can get nearly all of it online cheaper.

Scaly Haylie

alnilam posted:

More like crappy lobby, and... and i-don't-like-aels

alnilam

FutonForensic posted:

me: (to myself, holding back the tears) not again... who the hell is this guy... (couldn't hold the tears back)

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx

FutonForensic posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx
I like going to Micheals and squinting at the employees' nametags and then calling them Michael.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Silly Ray Cyrus

Forget it
Does Hobby Lobby keep it's spray paint locked up like Michaels does or is that just a regional thing????

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I foolishly thought I could get a winsor & newton size 1 brush at a hobby lobby once.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Machai

if I can't buy the newest netrunner datapack, it isn't a real hobby shop

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
which one sells more warhammer I'll go to that one

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

.random

OP, I was similarly disappointed but I recently made a switch to cotton sheets instead and let me tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jellidelic

michaels is good because its easy to steal drawing pencils from there

• Locked thread