Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Hypothetically speaking, what would be the consequences of putting down mines on the way out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pine Cone Jones posted:

So the pizza place down the street used to be a card shop, they had desert storm cards out today, so I picked up ten packs.

I’ve always wanted a deck of the archaeology awareness cards.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

McNally posted:

Geardo works

Geardo shot first.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I disagree.

Clear the area, then try once more to detonate the bomb so you don’t have to dig it up and haul it away.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Those olive (?) trees may have provided decent concealment.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

evil_bunnY posted:

Depends on ammo, point and angle of impact but it's quite possible to mission kill an MBT with low double digit calibers.

Technically a 16″ gun is in the low double digits.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I remember reading (possibly apocryphal) about a navy pilot who was doing their preflight or something and figured, hell, let's push the "raise landing gear" button because surely the plane has an interlock somewhere to prevent the landing gear from being raised when the plane's on the ground, and I wanna see what happens. It didn't and the plane had to get very expensive repairs.

Pilot says system defective.

Expected performance: landing gear is raised.

Actual performance: fuselage is lowered.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They crossed the bridge

off the map.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

ughhhh posted:

Gurkhas who settled in and around their postings are still having problems assimilating or finding opportunities (in Hong Kong or Britain, the populations of Nepalis are regularly abused by police and work as laborers).

How much resentment lingers from being seen as the right arm of the empire, and how much is garden variety racism?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I tried to find the context for it earlier. One news article suggested they were moving actual cash, but it was a poo poo article that mostly paraphrased Reddit, so I didn’t link it.

There was a heist of cell phones in transit a month or two ago in Johannesburg that got much more news coverage, but that was clearly a different event from the timestamp, coordinates, and photos.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FrozenVent posted:

Which side is Israel?

left

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
As FDR said, “a nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Wait what is the actual story there? EOD got a call out and just put whatever it was on their truck and just set it off in the middle of a neighbourhood?? Is this so they can get a new truck? :psyduck:

They raided a patio with two and a half tons of fireworks in a residential area.

Then they loaded too much boom boom powder into their magic containment vessel because they’re stupid.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Didn’t they find parts of at least two people?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s sixty‐five percent more bullet per bullet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m at awe of the one at thirty‐four seconds.

Earth should not move like that. :stare:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scratch Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1491029914497449986

My favorite is the guy at 10 seconds who pops off a single shot after going through the gate

I like the shouldering of the rifle going on at twenty‐three seconds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Two Russias?

sex doll/submarine/Saint Isaac’s Cathedral

Which are grouped?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BaconAndBullets posted:

Why not have a burner screw to put on a sub, let photos of it "leak" so the 10lb brains make acoustic estimations of it. Then before actually launching it, put the real screw on.

I’m pretty sure that that exact plot line has been used in multiple works of fiction.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s Poseidon’s plane. It’s supposed to be there.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Give it googly eyes on the real patch, represented on the computer via animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

McNally posted:

If the object is on a suborbital trajectory when it gets hit then so is the debris.

The debris from the missile and interceptor are suborbital, but if an orbital satellite is struck by that debris, that suddenly creates a whole lot of orbital debris.