Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller

Bingo Bango posted:

g'mungo! having an extremely byob morning at work playing bingo over zoom with a Dutch coworker dressed as a Christmas tree. the prize? figurines of farmers kissing

boerensmoochen?

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

One time I posted and then everyone in my posting class laughed at me. I looked down, and I was posting naked and everyone could see. Then my posting teacher made me stand up from my desk and told me to go to the posting principal's office and I got sent to posting detention for posting eternity.

It's nice to see posting school's changed since the bad old days. These days, ain't nobody complaining 'bout my nude posting.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

over here, just postin' nudes

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

gently caress yes doilies. My favorite things in the world to crochet are those dumb pineapples and birds. I have so many crocheted bird doilies.

Does anyone under the age of 60, other than me, still use doilies and dresser scarves?

dresser scarves yes, but I didn't know they had a name until now

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

watching a youtube video essay about crappy jobs and the protestant work ethic, while playing a dumb clicker game and heard a line that cracked me up, "Founded by 16th century hustle culture influencer Martin Luther"

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

I did a 4 year engineering program in post-secondary, and all I got out of it was a diploma of technical studies and a certificate of competency. Not a BEng, not a BSc.

I'm real happy with what I ended up with, since the certificate of competency is the legal requirement for doing my job. People at work who insist on using their fancy letters after their names get to refer to me as "the reverend".

Sometimes I wish I had the opportunity to go back to uni, and study things I was simply interested in learning about, without the worry of how I'm going to pay back all the money I had to borrow to attend. Maybe that can be my retirement plan? Back to college so I can blow my retirement fund on tuition and partying.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

more falafel please posted:

I had a friend who worked at white hen (kind of like the wawa of the Chicago area) and he would sell me cartons of camels, check my school ID that said I was 16 so the camera would have him carding me, and ring it up as "misc food" for 25 cents

poo poo, when I was younger, just confidently handing over legit ID that showed I was 16yo was often enough to convince the cashier to sell me booze or smokes. Many times they wouldn't check the date. The clerks either just wanted to show that they were asking for ID, or they were convinced by the manner it was presented, or they were in too much of a rush to bother actually reading the thing and doing a tiny bit of math. Other times they would actually read it, and give me the old double take Wait-a-minute, you're not 18!

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

strange mango for me today. I was nicely tired after dinner, and went to bed at 8:30 last night woke up feeling like I was ready for the day, and checked the clock, was 1-something am. now just past 4am. I think I might be having a nap today. Hope everyone has a good one.

yesterday was a nice day. we (myself, my wife, and our 4yo daughter) went up to the local mountain and did a bit of a walk from the nordic area to the downhill, and did a bit of sledding on the multi-use trail. had a nice little break with popcorn and hot chocolate while we watched the chair lift and fed the whiskeyjacks.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

That sounds like a lovely day! Do you have scenery pics to share?

Yeah, on my phone. I haven't looked at them yet. busy playing wingspan heh Thanks for the reminder I'll get on uploading

Here's a little something

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 21, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Yay to hiking pics and fresh downstems!

here's a couple photos and a quick video from yesterday

Here's a little something

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

me too!

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

That's a nuthatch.

Canada Jay / Whiskeyjack / Gray Jay

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

:comfyoot:

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

My sister in law just won Christmas. It was neck and neck between the two sisters, but she managed to find gluten free versions of stroopwaffels and salty licorice, very narrowly ekeing out a win vs Mrs. Chiller's gluten free shortbread.
I haven't had any of these in well over a year. These treats used to be right up at the top of my list of favs, until I found out they were killing me.

:siren:*BREAKING NEWS ALERT*:siren:

This just in, officials have reviewed the footage, and we apparently have a 3-way tie! I win, Mrs. Chiller wins, and her sister wins too!

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Oh poo poo. You got a link on the stroops? My dad loves them and can't have the glue-ton either.

I'll ask her, but she lives in the Netherlands, so it might involve ordering from overseas.

edit: Hi aldantefax

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

I tracked them down (actually took time to read the label beyond "Vrij van Gluten") and it's these https://www.ah.nl/producten/product/wi407845/ah-vrij-van-gluten-stroopwafels

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

big fan of the smoocheroos

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Leonyth posted:

I've done something dumb to myself I think. Just sudden pain through my body settling in my abdomen and it just isn't going away. It's probably something to do with being awake since 8.30 and not eating anything til 12ish I guess but its making eating anything else difficult and it sucks.

appendix maybe? you might want to investigate whether this warrants professional assistance?

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

I know very little of Japan and Japanese media, but I'm curious.
stumbling around youtube, I came across a young lady who plays energetic slap bass covers of a lot of different Japanese pop songs, which led to other recommended videos, ending up at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-qw9yRFOA
I really like the vibe. The video and music really gives me a Wes Anderson feeling.

Also, Ningen Isu makes some awesome music

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

we're on the west coast of canada, so the time works pretty perfectly here. Glad it's a family friendly deal, since my little one gets home from daycare around 4:30. I'll have distractions, of course, but we should be tuned in.

The reply we got to the hol.iday card in cspam is pretty great. In case it was missed, a google voice number has been set up with a voicemail box to give CSPAM mods feedback. twoday has been splicing the calls together and posting them.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951564

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 23, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Charlie is stoked for xmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpJUJBrIjco

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards, this is for you :glomp:

A pleasant surprise for me this morning. I put on a random chrismas playlist, and actually heard a song I had never heard before! Been around a while, I just managed to miss it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd20NgClDTI

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

I received a text not too long ago reminding me to book my upcoming maintenance with subaru of las vegas. Hmmmm.... I got the car serviced there once, when we drove through, 3 years ago. Let's see what google maps has to say

Why yes, I have attempted every method I can think of to unsubscribe and stop these people from spamming me, including phoning and explaining I'm not crossing the border for a service on my car. I did this 3 years ago. It stopped for a while.
Please don't take this as complaining. I'm amazed that someone went to the trouble of turning my number back on in their database during a plague. border's closed yo!

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

The little bastard!!!11!

He left his at home and was only going to be here for a couple of hours. We all have to use the laptops, so he probably thought it would be all right.
He's a smart man and generally great to work with but does tend to do things on impulse and then leave the clean-up to others.

I'm sorry this happened. I've had similar experiences, and it took a while to change my habits, but now I lock my pc whenever I step away from it, to prevent just this type of nonsense. Sure you can use the computer, but you're logging in with your own credentials.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Leonyth posted:

Update on me: Got scans and checks done at the hospital let out not quite 24 hours ago now, told I'm doing a very poor job at looking after my body (tbf it's something I should have been aware of, but since I don't get very sick often I kinda take it for granted)
Basically given some medicines and a referral to see to GP asap in the new year.

So, not great news, but it's my first time as an adult staying at a hospital for something like this so if nothing else it was a fascinating experience.

Thanks for the push from you guys who told me to get it checked out, because there was a good chance I would have tried to stick it out otherwise.

Glad to hear you're taking care, and have help, should it be needed. Merry crimmas. I just finished assembling a marble run set, so it's ready fjrst thing in the am. G'night

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

How Wonderful! posted:

If you want to know the two faces of my mom, here's what she gave me for Christmas:
1) My grandma's favorite Couch purse, to show me that not only did she support me transitioning but that she thinks my grandma would have too.
2) A wrapped jewelry box with chapstick inside.

Both faces are good.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't see a lot of difference between the two?

How Wonderful! posted:

Both faces are good.
:agreed: Thank you for sharing this. It makes my heart warm

ETA trip report :catdrugs: are working great. The Parker brothers love their xmas presents. No photo/video evidence was able to be captured due to zoomies

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Please tell of the first names of the Parker bros

Peter(Petey) and Charlie.
They're actual brothers, from subsequent litters.

Peter is the older one with the collar

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

roomforthetuna posted:

Similarly, when are they going to start WWE cooked?

This sounds like an idea for a photoshop thread. gifs of dudes jumping off the top rope, dropping flying elbows cakes on other dudes, pies instead of clotheslines, etc.

guy goes crashing through a table immaculately set for a lovely picnic

cage match, but inside a smokehouse with hams curing

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 26, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

misread this for "WWE chopped"

i'm down to see john cena or steve austin try to make a fancy dish against other WWE™ Superstars™

the last time I was into watching wrestling was when hulk hogan and the ultimate warrior faced off in wrestlemania, so I don't know anything of these stars, other than through my vague awareness of the periphery of pop culture.
But, seeing john cena doing youtube interview, GQ, wired, whoever clickbaity "It's really me" kind of things makes me think a couple things:
1.john cena is an incredibly charismatic performer, and his public persona just oozes charm, humor and kindness
2. I thought I was about as far towards hetero on the spectrum as possible, but drat, that is one attractive man

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

MAKE THE FR*CK*N THREAD!!!!!

I had a bit of an idea, not the skills or resources to make the content. All I got are posts, not threads

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

I believe in you

Did you know that every thread starts as a single post? Makes u think

I've been trying to learn how to use ableton and this keyboard. I juuuuust about have it figured out enough to make drum sounds and keyboard sounds. I discovered that I have to use headphones, because there's quite a bit of lag when using a blutooth speaker. But the last little bit of messing around made my compy lock up. now it's shitpostin' and playing wingspan

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Bingo Bango posted:

I asked How Wonderful to draw me as an orc and she was too embarrassed to post it, but I love it!

:3:

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

How Wonderful! posted:

The CCCC trans thread is really great, a lot of heavy stuff comes up in it, as you might imagine, but a good amount of BYOB energy leaks downwards into CCCC so everybody remains pretty relaxed and nice.

Normally, I would keep my mouth shut, because trans chat is not my area whatsoever, but this being the chat thread and :justpost:, well here we go:

I've been trying to read various iterations of the trans thread, either in cccc or tgrs previously, mostly to try and make sense of a lot of questions and curiosities I have / had (not just trans issues, but when there has been forums turmoil in the past, various tgrs threads have been a nexus for the drama, and I wanted to figure out wtf was happening). But, it became abundantly clear very early in my reading that it is not the place for cishet monolingual anglo whiteboys to really say anything, and the residents of the thread are not there to answer my questions about trans-ness (I don't have an appropriate vocabulary, and this is part of what I'm trying to learn through lurking). A lot of my own incentive to read is to learn about people different from myself, and to gain a different perspective on my own internal thought processes. Trying to slough off the ingrained problematic thinking from my upbringing, and discovering there's a whole lot that I'm oblivious to.

Uh, not sure what to take away from that, other than thanks for the invite, but I don't think it's the thread for everyone.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 29, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

It was more of an invite for people under the trans umbrella, I think.

As an enby I'm actually terrified to talk about being Non-binary anywhere because lol, I still and will probably always present futch.

These are the kind of assumptions I'm trying to learn to stop making. sincere thanks. mind me asking what's "futch"?

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I bet B33rchiller doesn't even work in a dick sucking factory.
Jk, love you bud
Nah, solo proprietorship, work-from home artisinal bespoke handjobs

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Embodying both femme and butch qualities without being entirely androgynous. It's a...I don't know. I'm kinda queering the expectations of a Non-binary afab (assigned female at birth) person.

Sounds pretty awesome

How Wonderful! posted:

Oh, honestly I just meant it more as a general endorsement of CCCC by pointing out what I like about a thread in it, not like, hey everybody, come on in.
right on. on that same token, I wasn't trying to scare anyone off, or really make any kind of statement other than relaying my experience, and rambling a bit. wakin' up and just posting

Anyhoooo, hope y'all have a good day and stay warm and dry

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 29, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

yah Carcassonne! We play it with our little girl. super pared down rules, with no real scoring, and only now slowly introducing the rule where you can only play your meeple on the tile you just laid. She's finally figured out how to take turns with more than just two players, and is getting good at matching the sides on the tiles. we have the big box set with 5 of the expansions included. Everyone's fav is playing the shepherd, and drawing for sheep I put all the tokens in a little bag, so you reach in and see if you get a sheep or if you get a wolf, yah gotta howl woooooooooooooh!

On the other end of the spectrum, it has a nice thick rule book pamphlet, if you like to do a lot of reading to understand the game before you play your first round. (It's not a big rule book when compared to RPGs, but it is much more substantial than boardgames like candyland)

Great fun for the whole family.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 29, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

In an attempt to discern whether this was a simple typo, or had a deeper meaning, I discovered the Guinea Pigs Daily Digest, and thought BYOB should know of it

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

Rain let up today. Getting jazzed for a stroll.

Dr. Honked posted:

B33rChiller

"Time to go take some bottom soundings."
Translation to normal speak: We're going to go manually measure the depth of water at some specific points
translation to what the boss actually means: We're going to go fishing for bottom fish by jigging. hopefully one of us will land a halibut.

realtalk: having a union that eventually drags the government kicking and screaming into arbitration, and extracts every demand save one from them. Also, the social safety net that allows me to freak out at home and keep getting paid most of my salary until I'm well enough to go back to work.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 8, 2021

Dr. Honked posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

In penance for my posting crimes of getting a bit too real, and not really chill,
please enjoy this album Charlie Parker and I are listening to https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kBOVzs2wuq3L3K7-WJ7IUzfGx5akjNZnY

Dr. Honked posted: