Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Donald Trump posted:

Listen, it's so simple. I'm going to be the nominee and President. Just think of it, President Trump. It's going to happen. Believe me.

I do. I do believe we will make america great again Mr Trump. also bush did 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Still pretty low. Most of the delegates will be awarded on March 1 and March 15. If we're still in a three way deadlock on the 16th, it might happen, but it's far more likely that either Rubio or Cruz will be well ahead of the other at that point.

Rubio I can buy, but after tonight I don't put much stock in Cruz doing much of anything outside of Texas.

I mean he couldn't even bean Trump with evangelicals in SC, how does he expect to beat him in the rest of the South?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Montasque posted:

Rubio I can buy, but after tonight I don't put much stock in Cruz doing much of anything outside of Texas.

I mean he couldn't even bean Trump with evangelicals in SC, how does he expect to beat him in the rest of the South?

The only question is if Cruz might abandon his conservative principles and endorse Trump when he goes out instead of Rubio. It makes no sense, but causing chaos in the party seems to be what Cruz loves most.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

uh oh, someone's the erômenos

btw this was a great joke you turds

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Pick posted:

btw this was a great joke you turds

I didn't get it. Well. Still don't I guess.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Joementum posted:

Still pretty low. Most of the delegates will be awarded on March 1 and March 15. If we're still in a three way deadlock on the 16th, it might happen, but it's far more likely that either Rubio or Cruz will be well ahead of the other at that point.

Rubio/Cruz's paths are actually pretty narrow right now. The RNC's bonus delegate system essentially gives rewards to states that are least likely to vote for Rubio, and it heavily front loads the delegates into the early part of the primary.

If Rubio swept every single delegate after March 15, he would only collect 829 delegates. He still would need to find 398 more delegates between March 1 and March 15 - about 28% of the delegate total awarded. And that's just to barely nudge over the line. And Cruz will almost certainly be competing hard in those same states that Rubio needs to do very well in. It seems unlikely that Rubio, as the sole remaining mainstream candidate except for Kasich, will drop out before March 15. It seems equally unlikely Cruz will drop out before March 15 given the number of friendly states there, unless March 1 goes catastrophically wrong.

If Rubio isn't winning a bunch of states on Super Tuesday, then a relatively small slip-up - like missing the 20% threshold in Texas, or failing to win Ohio or Florida - will mathematically end him.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
He called Marco Rubio the victim of child molestation

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Darth Windu posted:

She called Marco Rubio the victim of child molestation

Oh. Lol.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Joementum posted:

I think the winnowing is going to make those 5-15 point leads -5-5 point leads (edit: or worse).

What, ¡Jeb? Didn't recent polls show a quarter of his support going to Kasich*, the rest mostly split between Rubio and Cruz? Are you expecting them to all line up behind Rubio? No one else is dropping in the next week.

*Kasich has only managed to rack up more than 5% of the count in a single one of these polls. I don't think he's going to disrupt much of the proceedings on Super Tuesday.

edit: Not to mention that Bush only nabbed 8% of the vote yesterday and 5% nationally. Regardless, A) that's not all going to one person B) it's not even all going to not-Trump (~75% is though) and C) that's not going to cause a 10-point swing on average.

Fuschia tude has issued a correction as of 07:11 on Feb 21, 2016

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Which one of you is responsible for this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xmEwTjAOGc

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Rubio only came in second because of Nikki Haley's endorsement. I don't expect him to continue being second in other states.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The only question is if Cruz might abandon his conservative principles and endorse Trump when he goes out instead of Rubio. It makes no sense, but causing chaos in the party seems to be what Cruz loves most.

It actually makes a lot of sense once you remember he has no morals or principles. If he backs Trump he's made him a king and will be rewarded. If he backs Rubio the establishment will play nice for 6 months, shiv him and throw him in a gutter.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So Trump took all 50, right?

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

yes

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

copy this post. itll save you the effort come november

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

This is good news for Clintonites because Trump may be the only candidate left with a lower favorability split with the general electorate.

why do people keep throwing favorables out like it matters

trump had afaik the worst favorables and best name recognition in the entire GOP field last june and as soon as he started campaigning they shot up like a rocket. bing! boom!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Grey Fox posted:

The most unsettling time will be when Trump gets inaugurated and for at least one brief moment everything feels the same as it did before.

Guy Montag posted:

Need a remake of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGg0WsEw0Hg

With Jeb.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Guy Montag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw2-EbXnwvs

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
God drat it. gently caress you Marco Rubio

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Why is there no "Suicide is painless" with Jeb clips? drat.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is the best and most painful thing I've seen in a while.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

My favourite moment is the face he makes at them when the people in the audience at 2:10 laugh at Donald taunting him. You can tell he's so loving enraged that they dare to laugh at the son of a scion like him, he's used to having his rear end kissed.

He really did think that he should have been crowned because of his father and brother so he could gently caress the country into the ground.

:byewhore:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is there any reason for trump to stay in this race now that he's defeated and personally humiliated Jeb!

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Is there any reason for trump to stay in this race now that he's defeated and personally humiliated Jeb!

The Wall must be built.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

His sword hungers for blood. So many legacies to destroy, so many walls to build. The world shall burn, and the gate to fortress Trump will be adorned with the heads of the GOPe. Trump is coming.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

He wants to humiliate Obama by winning.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Wtf is this from?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I hope this is real and this waste of flesh does actually off himself.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

he hasn't yet destroyed rubio or cruz

rubio will be a cakewalk, cruz a little harder because like trump he has no shame

squidgee posted:

Wtf is this from?

superpoop.com like it says in the photo

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The biggest reason of all: dude is having fun.

Destroying the lives of really vain and nasty people is about as much fun as someone can have.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

superpoop owns

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Pro-Tip: Jeb Bush's support, even if it 100% goes to Rubio, won't prevent Trump domination on Super Tuesday. EVERYONE ELSE IS STILL IN THE RACE.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

PT6A posted:

I hope this is real and this waste of flesh does actually off himself.

real or not, 'the woman i wanted to marry is having sex with a black dude who doesn't even know bernie sanders's civil rights record' is my favourite sentence of the week

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

squidgee posted:

Wtf is this from?

Superpoop owns.

:smug:

Boosted_C5 posted:

Pro-Tip: Jeb Bush's support, even if it 100% goes to Rubio, won't prevent Trump domination on Super Tuesday. EVERYONE ELSE IS STILL IN THE RACE.

All of Jeb's support will go to Kasich! You'll see! You'll all see!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

ScrubLeague posted:

Wonder how long it takes Trump to drop the c-word on Hillary after the primary.

What, cuckquean?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Brannock posted:

What, cuckquean?

oval office
oval office
oval office
oval office!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

You misspelled Trump, friend.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Ah the Bush did 911 canidate is winning the republican primary so far, truly a great time to be alive.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Mo_Steel posted:

All of Jeb's support will go to Kasich! You'll see! You'll all see!

I could see him endorsing Kasich if only because I'm pretty sure he loving hates both Cruz and Rubio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

• Locked thread