Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Wait she MOVED to San Fran for a minimum wage job? :psyduck:

Oh my god this fuckin girl

Coming out of college without much more than freelancing and tutoring under my belt, I felt it was fair that I start out working in the customer support section of Yelp/Eat24 before I’d be qualified to transfer to media. Then, after I had moved and got firmly stuck in this apartment with this debt, I was told I’d have to work in support for an entire year before I would be able to move to a different department. A whole year answering calls and talking to customers just for the hope that someday I’d be able to make memes and twitter jokes about food. If you follow me on twitter, which you don’t, you’d know that these are things I already do. But that’s neither here nor there. Let’s get back to the situation at hand, shall we?

How many Twitter followers do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

My dog has over 800 Twitter followers

I bet that's more than this broad, unless she's one of those sorts that follows 2000 people in order to have 800 followers.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

"waaaaahhhhhhhh"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Moltke posted:

why cant she just stay at home all day in mobile alabama masturbating retards like i do? whats all this twitter nonsense?

Are you a woman? And do you have an IQ limit on what you consider a retard, or is it all good as long as the check clears?

Asking for a friend.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

pssst I was quoting the girl in the article

I do not really use my twitter account for anything sorry to disappoint :(

So, zero? Or what? Asl?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

max4me posted:

Am i wrong for thinking that she should not have been fired for this letter. That she have the freedom speak this and keep her job. Hell maybe the CEO could have responded and took her down a few pegs and told her to get back to work or leave.

She should have been fired long before this for being a completely useless imbecile. Was the firing actually related to the letter? Who knows. What we do know, is that she's really dumb and makes extremely poor decisions and gave away a lot of the companies money by being incompetent. But I guess some people think that being stupid and useless at your minimum wage job should result in getting six months severance so you can move back to rear end in a top hat Indiana and start a new life that you hopefully don't gently caress up as badly.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

havalux posted:

I got a classics degree because I wanted to study something difficult that was also completely useless.

Did you expect to immediately parlay this degree into a lucrative job writing tweets and memes that would allow you to live comfortably without roomies in one of the most expensive places on the planet?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

"Entitled poo poo, I hope she learned something from this. Also I hope she ends up begging on the street for the rest of her short life whether she learned or not." -- gooooonz

Was hoping she'd end up on the street sucking cocks, but close enough.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My sister moved to the bay straight out of college. She taught 7th grade or something while also doing RA poo poo while completing her Ph.D. She never had less than 3 or 4 roomies. She got married to a STEM Ph.D. With a great job. Still had roomies for years. Didn't live alone until they crapped out two kids and bought their own house after saving for like a literal decade, around the age of 35.

What I'm trying to say is, this twat that thinks she can get an entry level job in literally one of the most expensive cities on the planet and afford to comfortably live alone can lick my sweaty poo poo encrusted anus.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

is it bad that i think its bad that we live in a world where she could conceivably make more doing that than her former job

Seems like a p good thing to me.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

crabcakes66 posted:

Agreed. Why should society place more value in a doctor or engineer than they do a professional twitter poster?

True. Anyone can be a Doctor or engineer if they go to school long enough and study hard enough.

But making good tweeters is an art form that many could never do no matter how hard they tried.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nation posted:

yes she is dumb but it doesn't mean a full time worker shouldn't get a living wage

It actually does, if you think about it a little.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Enderzero posted:

I'm just glad we can use a naive youth to continue defending the system that is re-proletarianizing the vast majority of people in this country. It's great that we can use examples like sisters with PHDs who had to struggle way too hard to make it in life to defend this state of affairs instead of reading it as the indictment of our current system that it is. Had wages kept up with productivity since the 60s perhaps that outsized struggle wouldn't have been necessary, but never mind, let's use these examples to show how it's ok that people are drowning - it's definitely not analogous to insane arguments like "hey this black person became an unqualified success so anyone can do it! Everything's as it should be. Just work harder."

Stop trolling.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Enderzero posted:

If minimum wage had kept up with American productivity gains It would be over $21/hr right now so it's not an unreasonable concept.

But how are we going to pay the computers and automated equipment that enabled those productivity gains a salary? Oh, you're saying the uneducated retard that sweeps up the place should have gotten that money. Okay, makes sense.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

But this white chick with higher-end tastes might have to make her gourmet cupcakes with a ROOMMATE and I just now have realized how terrible the situation is.

I'm literally shaking with rage and crying uncontrollably because of it.

What kind of poo poo hole country is this? Where a woman with a largely useless degree cannot get a job in the most expensive city in the country and live by herself and be financially comfortable and get promoted to her dream job within 6 months? Is that really the country we live in now?

It's... It's... It's almost like people are saying that you can't do whatever the hell you want for a job, and live wherever the hell you want no matter how expensive, and be financially comfortable even though you have zero job skills or experience? I'm so sad that that's how it works, and that now is the first I'm hearing of it.

And I was just getting ready to move to Honolulu where I'd live comfortably alone in my nice one bedroom apartment, my finances stable and secured by working 35 hours a week at McDonald's.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Solice Kirsk posted:

Credit cards actually pay your bills and then you pay them back with interest. They don't magic money from anywhere. It's a series of small loans taken from a financial institution.

Loans create money. I deposit 100k in my bank account. Talia Jane takes out a 90k loan for the land needed to start her free range meme ranch and pays it to some Jew, who then deposits it in his bank. Then the Jew's bank loans Talia 80 grand so that she can give some other Jew 80 grand for 6 months deposit on her San Francisco mansion.

So now I've got 100 grand, Jew #1 has 90 grand, and Jew #2 has 80 grand, and the other 170k was created entirely based on my 100k deposit.

Etc, etc, etc.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Volume posted:

I want to post dick pics and get paid for doing so

I want to look at dick pics and get paid for doing so.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

crabcakes66 posted:

I don't think anyone is seriously arguing things aren't hosed. We do need real wage growth. $21/h isn't going to happen but we should at least try to raise the minimum wage. We do need single-payer healthcare. We do need to do something about lower income people getting squeezed out of cities and poo poo on in-general. And yeah all of that probably means raising taxes on everyone, especially people making a couple hundred grand a year or more.

But none of that makes this stupid bitch any less of an idiot with poor planning skills and a spoiled rotten personality. This is not the hill for progressives to die on.

Exactly. I think the minimum wage does need to be higher, especially in expensive areas. I do think that income disparity has gotten ridiculously loving horrible. I do think CEOs getting paid 50 million dollars to run a company into the ground is bullshit. I do think that people born with a silver spoon up their rear end paying 12% in taxes while middle class people are paying 20%+ is total poo poo.

But none of that has any bearing on what I think about this entitled retard that has wound up in a lovely situation due to making the worst choices possible over and over and over again.

I love the Bay Area. I'd love to live in the Bay Area. But I am not willing to sacrifice the lifestyle I have living somewhere that's 10x cheaper in order to move there. Some people are, good for them. But someone with no real skills or experience expecting to move there to take a lovely entry level job without having to make any of these sacrifices? It's mind boggling. The people sending this woman money are literally crazy.

This isn't a 1%er vs. wageslave issue. It's a retard vs. non-retard issue.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

the great deceiver posted:

also i think she's doing this wrong. i lived in the bay area extremely affordably last year. all i had to do was live in a halfway house. maybe she could consider all her options??????????

Maybe tweet her the address?

Could also tweet her regarding the concepts of roommates and 2nd jobs as she doesn't seem aware of their existence. I think these millennials will all turn out okay, they just haven't been told some of these insider secrets. I knew about them because I watched Friends when I was a kid but that show went off the air so now these poor kids don't have anywhere to acquire this sort of vital information.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

rofl wat? Her loving idiot dad is now also gonna be out of a job?

I was actually wondering earlier how she managed to make all these stupid decisions without a parent or some other adult explaining to her that she was totally loving herself, but I guess maybe Dad is just as much of a dummy?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Is global warming going to sink the bay area? If so can we maybe step it up a little here. New York too

After the next superquake the Bay Area will devolve into a lawless hellhole of looting and rioting, but since Californians aren't allowed to own any decent guns, the nearby residents of Nevada are planning on swooping in and getting all the good stuff/women/etc. The Reno Gazette actually publishes helpful strategies regarding this on the reg. Should be p cool.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Panfilo posted:

Assuming it still stands, I plan on ruling a warlord's type existence perched atop Coit Tower where I will paint a giant firey eyeball on its peak to cow all the tech nerds into compliance.

If the position is available I'll be your #1. I've got a lot of guns and a proven track record for face punching nerds.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

etalian posted:

what women???

The one in the OP.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

tuyop posted:

Only if we actually give a gently caress about this actual person. We shouldn't beyond the basic concern we should share for all other people.

I think her particular purchasing habits are irrelevant to the conversation unless the conversation is about subjecting a dummy to shame for being dumb or maybe lying.

I mean, her basic point, peppered with non sequiturs and lovely writing, is that it's hard to live with dignity on the kind of wage an entry-level service worker can earn. Whether she's in that situation is kind of irrelevant. What some of us seem to be doing is the same old tired Olaudah Equiano debate about whether this instance of legitimate grievances are fictional, instead of about the grievances the work of (possible) fiction depicts.

I guess it does matter if you're considering giving her money. You shouldn't give her money unless you think the problem is that enough real people working for lovely wages don't have kickstarters to pay their rent. Then you're just wrong, but go hog wild if you believe her I guess.

You honestly think someone with zero experience and no real in-demand skills, should be able to take an entry level job and live comfortably alone in one of the most expensive places on the planet because she thinks the company is cool and will hopefully be able to move up (in 6 months?) into her dream job?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

i am harry posted:

A whole year answering calls and talking to customers just for the hope that someday I’d be able to make memes and twitter jokes about food. If you follow me on twitter, which you don’t, you’d know that these are things I already do.

But that’s neither here nor there. Let’s get back to the situation at hand, shall we?

e:pretty sure that's the point where someone who works for the CEO stopped reading and fired her...so what's the problem?

That's the part that kills me the most. A WHOLE loving YEAR! Doing the horrible and demeaning job of sitting on your anus and cramming free food into your gullet while you are forced to talk to gross uninteresting customers. And that results in boobs like Tuvok or whatever his name is hitching his social justice wagon to her as a champion of the repressed underclass, and other boobs sending her money. jfc

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WampaLord posted:

They should have done that first, before they had this PR nightmare on their hands, even if the girl is naive literally retarded and made some mistakes has made the worst decision possible at every point in the last five years.

I'm not so sure it's a PR nightmare. Stuff I've seen so far, at least 75% of comments are calling her an entitled twat. Could actually be a PR boon.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Professor Shark posted:

Where are these big boobs she's bragging up?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

crabcakes66 posted:

Pretty sure SF has like one of the most stable temps of any US city. It's between 50-70 most of the year. A true hellscape.

People in the BA will put on scarves and wool caps and poo poo when it's 62 degrees out. Then they'll tell you it's because the ocean makes the air wet so it feels a lot colder. Then you tell them they're full of poo poo and are just pussified and you know it for a fact because you lived in Juneau for five years, and they shut up.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

-S- posted:

i showed my dad that the $3.25/hr he earned in 1972 was equivalent to $18.50/hr today and he actually changed his opinion re: "they want $15/hr to flip a burger? i worked for $3.25 at the saw mill" or whatever. a good dad.

I'm not sure the near retard at McDick's that can't make change without a computer and is incapable of remembering that I said I wanted two loving mcdoubles, not one, is worth nearly as much as an operator at a saw mill.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Club Sandwich posted:

As someone who works in a saw mill, you'd be very, very surprised. I myself am dumb as hell.

I didn't really mean saw millers were smart, just that they're probably worth more due to being more physically demanding work and probably more dangerous.

Is your sawmill in DT SF? Talia may be interested in employment there if it is.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I said come in! posted:

Does anyone have the image from this saved? It got deleted.

Which image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snatch Duster posted:

I'm a loving idiot i guess

Agreed.

• Locked thread