Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Pomp posted:

alex looks good until you get to the hair
cant wait to see how badly it clips through his skull on the fuckin character select screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

For real though no more blonde characters after this or at least give me a color swap FOR ThE LOVE OF DIEGO UMEJUAREZ, CRAPCOM
Guile

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/letshugbro/status/707972658055487488

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

I was screwing around at work today and made a quiz that helps people pick a SFV main. It's by no means perfect logic-wise (mainly used my own understanding of the game + the prima guide + popular consensus) but hopefully it can serve as a starting guide for players who are like 'WHO DO I MAIN':

https://tinyurl.com/sfv-main

The logic is all dumped right there inside the page so feel free to tear it apart.

e: no jokes about it suggesting chun no matter the input
just gonna go ahead and bump this again since it was literally the post before the alex news, hoping for some feedback so i can refine it a bit and maybe genericize it for other FGs

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

stoutfish posted:

i said i didn't need a fireball or a srk and it gave me ken
The responses push a character's suitability up but don't negatively affect other characters, which is maybe something I should add to make it tighter.

e.g. Saying "I dont need a fireball" boosts your suitability for characters like Zangief and R. Mika but doesn't affect your Ken rating negatively.

Chances are the other questions made it seem like you were a good match for Ken and fireball-less characters didn't rate well in your other responses.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I made some adjustments to the SFV quiz and added some features that people asked for: https://tinyurl.com/sfv-main

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Famitsu accidentally confirmed you'll be able to buy colours (including the Capcom Japan ones) with fight money: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/11101268.html

Survival being a scam connnnfiiiiirrrrrrmmmmed

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

What would a fighting game's version of BGH look like?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

is there a reliable input to instant-air chun's stomp or do i just be quick on the stick

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I don't think SFV is all that pretty (a lot of the characters look like garbage) but it's a lot more appealing than MKX

Once Capcom have taken care of the functional poo poo it would be great if some of the uglier characters got a second or third pass-through as Chun and Ryu did, I honestly wanna tear my loving face off every time Ken's banana ponytail clips through his Under Armor shirt on the CSS

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean people have been complaining about Ken's hair since he was revealed like a year ago and they never did anything about it
Yeah when even Capcom community managers are RTing this

https://twitter.com/letshugbro/status/708284729708175360

you know there's no hope

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

if your CC normal is active long enough and you don't fear a reversal, sure

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Former Pro Super Turbo Player: SF5 is too hard
I still struggle to reconcile Online YouTube Personality DarkSydePhil with Guy Who Beat Seth Killian And Took A Round From Tokido In Super Turbo DarkSydePhil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-uL_f-HxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-EBN1tQW1s

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I gave up on Ranked a week ago mainly because it felt like a really inefficient means of practice when I've only got an hour or two per day to play. Battle Lounges are where it's at.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

What should I be using Chun's b. HP for?
do it after a blocked MP to frametrap people, if i start the c.LP, MP combo and confirm a block i go for b.HP and it tags a lot of people

Jmcrofts posted:

I honestly thought SF4's music sucked a lot with a couple exceptions. Solar eclipse was cool. I'd say 5 has about a 50% success rate.
SFV's best tunes are very very good (hillside plaza, russian underground, karin's theme) and the bad ones are just forgettable rather than outright offensive

nothing in SFV is on pokken's level though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id69xlDk0f8

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I've owned two Madcatz sticks and they both had warranty glue on the screws though

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

That's the "1906 glitch" which as far as people can tell eventually affects everyone who plays SFV online and is irreversible. It sucks. Hopefully today's server refresh or w/e fixes it.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Fenn the Fool! posted:

For what it's worth, Skullgirls tries to be both fanservice and a deconstruction of fanservice.
sure

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

if only i could understand japanese :negative:

It's funny how art's setting up a private discord chat to share tech with the big names in the west while japan has 3 of the gods just going over it on stream and youtube for 2 hours for everyone who can understand english. momochi talked about the fuzzy jump in one of his introduction videos lol

e: also, is it possible that sonicfox is the best american playing one of the worst characters in the game right now? snake eyez 2.0?
please dont go off-topic in the street fighter v thread by talking about street fighter v, thanks

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

looks like we'll hear about the update today

https://twitter.com/TheStreetWriter/status/713007075991953409

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The guy narrating the video sounds super psyched

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

"Ever wondered what a power bomb looks like in 3D?"

capcom dont even remember their own games lol

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

So everyone is going to get hot Ryu?
No, Alpha Ryu

i imagine hot chun/ryu and googles cammy are gonna be zenny costumes

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't know they were doing DLC stages, I wonder if both players have to own it to play on it
I would bet 10000000000 fight money that the 'exclusive stages' will be nighttime waterfall and daytime chateau kanzooky

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

How bad do you have to gently caress things up to not have your Real Money Shop up and running a month after release, from a business perspective shouldn't that be, like, priority #1

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Hmm no mention of colors for fight money. :ninja: I need some of those hard colors :ninja:
it's an option right there on the fight money shop

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Street Fighter V will be have a F2P offering within a year I think

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

so i guess when they said "the patch will drop monday" they were really only talking about north america, lmao keep being The Worst capcom

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Agoat posted:

11:59 PM I bet
in the case of europe this is literally true

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

jesus loving christ capcom

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Rashid has multiple trials that involve The MicroShimmywalk(tm) and the game just expects you'll be able to intuit it by looking at the demos closely, cool cool

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Does it have a demo so you can see it done like gg
It has the demo but it was hard to see that you're supposed to walk forward for a split-second before doing f.MP since that move moves Rashid forward before it comes out anyway

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Revelant posted:

Wait for evo, then watch people start buying.
why would people watch a tournament for a game they dont own

Revelant posted:

I didnt have to shimmy once on rashids trial. Other than backdash on the corner one. But that was evident from the demo.
huh, i guess it was the delay rather than the distance that made it work for me

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

does the tutorial tell you about the shimmy meta
the very first tutorial tells you that moving backwards allows you to dodge attacks

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

!Klams posted:

UK Gamers are all loving stupid stupid cunts. Like, just loving trash. We don't actually have any taste at all when it comes to computer games. I don't think we're really a nation of gamers. Expect Knack and like, "Lego oval office Omnibus, the PS2 Budget edition" to be top of the charts forever. It's always been the way. When a blockbuster comes out, it will be number one in the charts for a bit, but, the Sims is always there at number 5, ready to climb back to number 1 when the buzz around the new CoD game has died down a bit. And there's always a Fifa or Evo or the like snaking around the charts too.

If you have a bunch of your mates over, and you mention street fighter, they'll all be like, "I always liked chum lean, but could never do her Hardouken". I mean, yeah probably a bunch of UK goons are gonna come out of the woodwork and be like "Mate you just need better friends" but look me right in the dick-eye and tell me you don't have a friend who thinks he's really good and wins an annoying amount by mashing the same move (where he presses the buttons way more than he has to) and one friend who just CANNOT loving grasp how to do any special moves. You do. And that's basically how it goes for all gaming. UK Gamers don't really want the BIGGEST AND BEST because they're sort of scared of it and "I liked dungeon keeper and hospital tycoon!" but never knew you could possess the monsters in dungeon keeper in first person because that's a bit too involved.

Its kind of the same with movies. It seems to me (maybe this is way off) but in the States if a new film comes out, and you get the average punter off the street and ask them what they think of it, like, say its Batman vs Superman, they'd say something like "Oh man, Batman vs Superman? What a bust up! My money's on Superman! I don't know if Affleck can play Batman, and, who's the guy that plays Superman? That should be good!" honestly, the average person in the UK, no, like over 50% of the people you ask, are going to say "Oh, I don't know about that" and walk away.

Its such a loving annoying attitude. 'I dont know that in depth so I wont have a go'.

I think what sums up what I'm getting at is that I imagine something like 90% of all video games and DVDs / Blurays in the UK are probably bought in supermarkets from a selection of less than 20. (Because they only sell the top 20, but sometimes games that aren't a new Sims / Fifa / Lego budget oval office omnibus / budget random bullshit pile-em-high-sell-em-cheap kids game / CoD somehow make their way into the charts and the guy at Tesco can't cope with working out how many of that might sell so they just dont stock it). Despite these ill informed supermarket sales, about 99% of the computer games market is actually just chavs stealing games and selling them to Computer Exchange (second hand gaming store).

Growing up liking computer games in the UK has been so depressing.

Yeah, I mean there's HoG. But, you know thats a MASSIVE aberration. Like, its to the point where if you see an Arcade anywhere that isn't gambling of some kind, or a pinball machine, its because the place you're in is American themed, and you can bet your rear end its broken and no one knows how to fix it or has the keys for it.
good loving post mate

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

You can also make a ~20 - 25% return on every character you download as their story/demo/trials/survival mode will pay out fight money.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Lothire posted:

As if we need any more reasons to avoid Survival for color unlocking, my investigations today have suggested that they have increased the difficulty for Normal survival. After five attempts at gaining Alex normal colors, I was met with a soul destroying Ryu at stage 25 that crushed the dream repeatedly by the tall-tail sign of reading inputs; normally a tactic reserved for Hard and above difficulty opponents. Asking around revealed the same issues for others, but on all characters at the same stage. This was vastly different an experience than when I originally did the run with Necalli many moons ago.

Pretty sure stage 25 has always been known as the stage where the CPU actually turns on, but up until the last patch a few days ago, it wasn't to the level of Hard difficulty. Now it seems the AI acts more like it does in Hard Mode when closing in the last 10 stages on that difficulty. You can expect full combo completions, anti-airs and hard-counters to your buttons by the AI in the last 5 stages of Medium difficulty.

The need to abuse the ranked/casual pop-up tactic is very strong now for both difficulties, made all the worse by not having these survival colors available for purchase in the store. So far, you can only purchase colors 11, 12 and 13 via fight money - choices that don't even exist for Alex at present.

edit: I guess since I'm talking about colors, word has it colors 14 and 15 are unlocked via character-specific levels. 25 and 30, though I can't seem to verify this for certain.
i bopped normal survival twice last night to get story mode colours, sounds like you're just bad at the game

that doesnt mean survival doesnt suck though

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is the maintenance today to activate the money shop?
i'm gonna go ahead and guess "no loving way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

Splatoon I hear did a fantastic job post release and kept to their schedule.
Splatoon's post-launch support is pretty much the gold standard for that kind of model. The only fuckup was the first Splatfest and even then they were like "sorry guys, we're going to push this back by one week" and communicated it way in advance.